Is there way to help AI builder build their own plot?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

flywlyx
x4

Is there way to help AI builder build their own plot?

Post by flywlyx » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 20:56

I have this RHA builder wandering in the front of their own defence platform building plot for hours.
Is there a way to help it start building the defence platform? The defence platform building storage has been fulfilled.
The builder is manufactured after the defence platform plot is placed, if I destroy the defence platform, will RHA create another one?

af_2017
x4

Re: Is there way to help AI builder build their own plot?

Post by af_2017 » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 21:01

flywlyx wrote:
Thu, 2. Dec 21, 20:56
if I destroy the defence platform, will RHA create another one?
That sounds like a great idea to save the game and check it. And restore the backup if the things went wrong :)
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 18:15

Never seen the faction "RHA." Who are they?

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 19:11

builder680 wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 18:15
Never seen the faction "RHA." Who are they?
RHA are the ZYA if the player sides with the CUB...

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 21:56

af_2017 wrote:
Thu, 2. Dec 21, 21:01
flywlyx wrote:
That sounds like a great idea to save the game and check it. And restore the backup if the things went wrong :)
They create a new one, but this builder still refuses to work. I really expect we could lend our builder to AI with a charge.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 22:23

flywlyx wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 21:56
af_2017 wrote:
Thu, 2. Dec 21, 21:01
flywlyx wrote:
They create a new one, but this builder still refuses to work. I really expect we could lend our builder to AI with a charge.
You can't have your own builder take up on building because (as I see from the colors) you have not -9 or better rep with RHA. If you get the necessary rep your builder will be able to take on the job.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 23:17

dtpsprt wrote:
Fri, 3. Dec 21, 22:23
You can't have your own builder take up on building because (as I see from the colors) you have not -9 or better rep with RHA. If you get the necessary rep your builder will be able to take on the job.
Just let you know I have +30 with RHA, I think you don't know there is an option called "show faction colours" in the Filter setting.Which will change factions to their own colour.
And thanks! I just notice there is a behavior for the builder to "find build tasks"!
It doesn't really choose the closest target, so I have to destroy all the other plot 1st, I think.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 06:32

dtpsprt wrote:
My builder has been wandering there for 4 hours and still no luck, I think there is a hidden queue somewhere. It should be a bug or something.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 4. Dec 21, 09:17

I've never actually seen that order lead to building anything at all. I don't think it's functional.
***modified***

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 04:37

dtpsprt wrote:

Do you know any other restrictions? My builder is the only available builder in the galaxy, but still no building offer.
LameFox wrote:
Sat, 4. Dec 21, 09:17
I've never actually seen that order lead to building anything at all. I don't think it's functional.
Yeah, my builder is the only available builder in the galaxy, but nobody is interested in hiring it.

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 18:59

Since you have a good case study here - can I kindly suggest raising a bug report in technical with a save? At least that way the devs can investigate in case the command should be working but bugged somehow. I too have never seen my builder ships use the command successfully.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Sun, 5. Dec 21, 21:51

Y-llian wrote:
Sun, 5. Dec 21, 18:59
Since you have a good case study here - can I kindly suggest raising a bug report in technical with a save? At least that way the devs can investigate in case the command should be working but bugged somehow. I too have never seen my builder ships use the command successfully.
Yeah, I am working on eliminating all the builders in the galaxy and will try again. Once it failed, I will send a bug report.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 01:19

I've had builders roam for days without getting a job offer. I assume it is something imtended to be in the game, but currently is not.

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Mon, 6. Dec 21, 05:24

grapedog wrote:
Mon, 6. Dec 21, 01:19
I've had builders roam for days without getting a job offer. I assume it is something imtended to be in the game, but currently is not.
I saw an old complaint like 3 years old, if it is, dev should explain.

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 01:36

flywlyx wrote:
Sun, 5. Dec 21, 21:51
Y-llian wrote:
Sun, 5. Dec 21, 18:59
Yeah, I am working on eliminating all the builders in the galaxy and will try again. Once it failed, I will send a bug report.
Thank you kindly.

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Tue, 7. Dec 21, 21:30

I bring what they need to them in a Buffalo, for allies of course
They build fast when they have all the material

Return to “X4: Foundations”