Help with 'i missed my ride' mission

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tonedog1
x4

Help with 'i missed my ride' mission

Post by tonedog1 » Wed, 27. Oct 21, 10:00

So i accepted the above mission and have picked up the passenger. I've then to drop them off at a gas miner ship. When i activate the autopilot it just ends up travelling between systems endlessly and i can never find the ship where i'm meant to drop of the passenger.

How do i complete this mission?

Gavrushka
x4

Re: Help with 'i missed my ride' mission

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 27. Oct 21, 10:33

When you click on your ship in map view, does a pathing route show to the destination ship?

It may be the ship is using travel drive, and it's gonna take patience and a fair bit of time to arrive.

Failing that, you can abort the mission and eat the passenger with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 27. Oct 21, 11:17

Would the ship with the passenger be able to dock at the target gas miner, should you find it (ie are they in an S ship)?

If there is no suitable docking bay on the target for the taxi ship being used then the mission target (the suitable dock) cannot appear in the guidance.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

tonedog1
x4

Post by tonedog1 » Thu, 28. Oct 21, 13:46

Yeah after spending 30 mins trying to catch the ship i just cancelled the mission, whenever i caught up to it the ship would just boost off somewhere else.

It says that mission is very easy but its anything but. Maybe the Elite vanguard ship isn't fast enough?

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 28. Oct 21, 15:34

The mission is easy and the Elite is fast enough. Your problem came from the Autopilot. If the ship you are trying to land is L or XL, when it wants to change sector it just teleports behind the gate of the next sector or it may be going to a station behind it. The (inexcusably IMHO) "poor" autopilot tries to turn the ship and is sending it back to the previous sector and then back in and so on.

Return to “X4: Foundations”