Free Families not reclaim sectors lost to the Xenons?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pesanur
x4

Free Families not reclaim sectors lost to the Xenons?

Post by Pesanur » Tue, 12. Jan 21, 21:23

Fires of Defeat fallen to the Xenon time ago, and after, I cleared the sector from xenon presence, but the only ones that are trying to take the sector now are the Teladi, even I not left them to succeed, but for much Teladi Defence Platforms that I destroy, they insist and insist in trying to take the sector, while they original owner's don't event try to reclaim it.

mediacenter

Re: Free Families not reclaim sectors lost to the Xenons?

Post by mediacenter » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 01:58

Pesanur wrote:
Tue, 12. Jan 21, 21:23
Fires of Defeat fallen to the Xenon time ago, and after, I cleared the sector from xenon presence, but the only ones that are trying to take the sector now are the Teladi, even I not left them to succeed, but for much Teladi Defence Platforms that I destroy, they insist and insist in trying to take the sector, while they original owner's don't event try to reclaim it.
same in my play, they lost fires of defeat and family tkr and never claim the sector back even when i clear all xenon sector nearby and leave for a long time

teladi tried to capture fires of defeat but i shoot theyr ship and claim the sector for myself

teladi try to steal matrix 451 too when i clear the sector, but i managed to build my station first, they seems to be very able to claim free space
free family....i dont know why but they dont even try for some reason, at least not in any of my playtrough

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 14:07

Perhaps the FRF Shipyard is too busy building Rattlesnakes for the FAF and so not building Builder Ships for themselves?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

mediacenter

Post by mediacenter » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 14:13

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 13. Jan 21, 14:07
Perhaps the FRF Shipyard is too busy building Rattlesnakes for the FAF and so not building Builder Ships for themselves?
they have builders scatter around theyr sectors doing nothing, at least in my game

easternsun

Post by easternsun » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 19:08

Are the sectors adjacent to their sectors. They only reclaim if their touching.

Pesanur
x4

Post by Pesanur » Wed, 13. Jan 21, 19:27

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 13. Jan 21, 14:07
But they have Builder Ships, is more, they are the ones that are building the Teladi Defence Platforms.

mediacenter

Post by mediacenter » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 03:04

easternsun wrote:
Wed, 13. Jan 21, 19:08
Are the sectors adjacent to their sectors. They only reclaim if their touching.
tarkas ravine XXIV never fall to the xenon in any of my game and belongs to free families

this sector touch family tkr and fires of defeat, but after i cleared the xenon, free families never claim back theyr space

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 09:32

Someone did claim that in their playthrough FRF was inactive until they completed the Split plot (whatever it does).

Factions definitely differ on what kind of fleets they can have. It is plausible that they have "aggressiveness" attribute too.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

mediacenter

Post by mediacenter » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 10:44

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 14. Jan 21, 09:32
Someone did claim that in their playthrough FRF was inactive until they completed the Split plot (whatever it does).

Factions definitely differ on what kind of fleets they can have. It is plausible that they have "aggressiveness" attribute too.
i was thinking that maybe they have some serious restriction on what they can do

free families are not allowed to build raptor/rattlesnake even if they are capable too

maybe they cant build military type buildings becouse of theyr situation and when plot kick in this beheviour change

but still, i think this is not a believeble situation, if they cant reclaim sector i expect that zya do something about that, this is split space after all

Waltz99
x4

Post by Waltz99 » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 13:06

To be honest i mostly notice that FRF have a very broken economy to do anything. if you build ships from there shipyard they always have a huge shortage of goods. if you look for those goods these stations are often also empty and if you find a full station you notice those goods never reach the shipyard without the players help. its like ships move around without a real purpose. it doesn't look like they try to keep there economy up.

HOP on the other hand doesn't seem to have a shortage on anything.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 13:30

The funny thing is that in my vanilla game the FRF are indeed not expanding apart from building more stations in their own core sectors, but they *are* repeatedly building Rattlesnakes for the FAF - most of which are killed by Teladi fleets after revealing themselves as FAF in Two Grand and Open Market (both sectors were reclaimed by Teladi after a brief occupation by Xenon). :gruebel:

Wultan
x4

Post by Wultan » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 13:44

This is a political thing. FAF is really the FRF's secret service, but the other factions don't know that. So FAF can do what the FRF, in the depths of its heart, would like to do itself.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 14:30

Partially agreed, but capital and other ship production and resources diverted from FRF to FAF will never help the FRF in terms of their glalactic (or even just Split) influence or commerce. In a sense it just throws them away pointlessly and makes FRF expansion objectives (if there are any) that much harder to achieve.

As an aside, there are in fact many undercover FRF ships that roam other races' sectors as scouts and delivery ships. They are masked typically as ZYA or other factions, but are exposed as FRF if you scan them. Their 'tell' is that their ships are the FRF Balaur and Asp Raider variants but are not named as marauders etc and these ships do not scan as FAF but as FRF.

FRF do have named marauder etc ships exclusively in their own core sectors that scan as FRF rather than FAF as well.

mediacenter

Post by mediacenter » Thu, 14. Jan 21, 14:32

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 14. Jan 21, 13:30
The funny thing is that in my vanilla game the FRF are indeed not expanding apart from building more stations in their own core sectors, but they *are* repeatedly building Rattlesnakes for the FAF - most of which are killed by Teladi fleets after revealing themselves as FAF in Two Grand and Open Market (both sectors were reclaimed by Teladi after a brief occupation by Xenon). :gruebel:
in my current game, they build (faf)rattlesnake non stop and right now they have destroyed a repair station of teladi with 5!!! freaking rattlenskae in bright promise
Waltz99 wrote:
Thu, 14. Jan 21, 13:06
To be honest i mostly notice that FRF have a very broken economy to do anything. if you build ships from there shipyard they always have a huge shortage of goods. if you look for those goods these stations are often also empty and if you find a full station you notice those goods never reach the shipyard without the players help. its like ships move around without a real purpose. it doesn't look like they try to keep there economy up.

HOP on the other hand doesn't seem to have a shortage on anything.
in my experience frf doing good in theyr space, always full of merch and miners, never experience any shortage, and i dont support them in any way-

Return to “X4: Foundations”