Do different factions have different station truss pieces?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oddible
x4

Do different factions have different station truss pieces?

Post by oddible » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 10:04

I only have all the Split truss pieces right now and I have to say station construction can get pretty awkward. I'd love some more trusses that had vertical segments, or straight 90 degree turns. Do the other factions have different truss pieces?

What are your favorite truss pieces right now. Currently mine are the Cross 1 (3 horizontal on a diagonal with up and down connections), and Base 3 (long straight connection with up/down in the middle).

Gavrushka
x4

Re: Do different factions have different station truss pieces?

Post by Gavrushka » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 11:47

Where possible, I use habitation modules as vertical connectors. - I struggle with the organisational side of Split connection modules, so tend to go Argon universally.
“What in Father’s name have you done? They’re not-”

“Everyone's fine, I’ve just paused them,” Lucifer said. “It’s a little trick I learned in my prison. Have you ever tried counselling a mass murderer when ten thousand other inmates are screaming and wailing?”

Ten thousand inmates, and only one guard… Michael had always felt profound sympathy for Lucifer. Yes, she’d transgressed, but her punishment was likely to stretch to eternity, even if Raphael thought otherwise.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 12:07

oddible wrote:
Sun, 22. Nov 20, 10:04
Do the other factions have different truss pieces?
Yes.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 13:46

The paranid have the most pieces to play with, and split have one less piece than the paranid.

Remember to also check your defense structures for buildable pieces. Both split and paranid(all races have pieces in there) have additional connector pieces that are technically designed fo turret emplacements, but can be used for just regular building too if you want. I use them quite often. Those defense pieces offer more/new options.

Teladi and Argon are best for mega building because of the square-ness of their styles. It is very easy to build repeatable sections with their styles, and to build them compact. Paranid and Split favor a much more rambling, free flowing, chaotic look. Lots more space in paranid and split styles if trying to build symmetrically.

Split is probably my favorite to build with because of the overall look, with paranid a close second, but i am not a huge fan of the paranid look.... but they have lots of pieces.
Last edited by grapedog on Mon, 23. Nov 20, 14:08, edited 3 times in total.
Maybe we've got 'em demoralised!
My X4 Guide on How to Steal Blueprints

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 13:59

i remember using a lot of teladi storage modules as vertical structural components.

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 14:11

sometimes, i like to disconnect station-parts entirely, (if Aesthetically Pleasing) station bits don't HAVE to be connected to eachother.

so line up that module in the wanted angle on a truss-piece, drop the module, remove the truss (if that makes any sense)

Return to “X4: Foundations”