Combat has Serious Issues.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lone_Wolf_3115

Combat has Serious Issues.

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 19:26

For some time now, I have been trying very hard to learn this game, and at every turn, I run into problems. (Not enough to make me quit though)

It took me some time to find "Formation" and when I did, I Attempted to get ships to Fly Abreast, and enter combat with me. They never did, and each time they would just SIT, and wait for enemy ships to pick them off... I do not now find The Formation option in the Commands.

Today, I tried another Approach. I had other ships "Join My Squad", and Then Selected "Wing, Attack My target". I was then in an Odesius Vanguard, and eventually Took Out 6 Kha-ak Defense Platforms, Re-Issued The Wing Attack My target, Command, for Each Station, and Not One Single Support Ship Fired on any of the Stations...
Only After the six stations were Down, and I Started to Click on Individual Ships in the area, did any of my support Fleet Take any action...…

Then there is the Preliminary to the above, From the Map View, I Clicked on each ship I wanted to fight those Stations, and Remotely told each one, "Attack", by Right Clicking on that Station. I watched remotely for an hour, and the Shield on the first station I sent them to was Still at the 97% it had been at the Start.

Fleet Combat in this game Needs a LOT of Work...

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Combat has Serious Issues.

Post by radcapricorn » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 19:36

ДА, с Поведением ИИ в Игре не все Ладно. Строем корабли Только Летают, НО не Воюют. Отвлекаются на Всякие Мелочи, а могут и Вообще приказы Игнорировать, т.к. логика Исполнения Очереди приказов не Продумана.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 19:57

Lone_Wolf_3115 wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 19:26
For some time now, I have been trying very hard to learn this game, and at every turn, I run into problems. (Not enough to make me quit though)

Fleet Combat in this game Needs a LOT of Work...

It does. Wings are a confusing mess. I can't even get three fighters in a Cerberus to work for me when I need them. I tried making me the wing commander, I tried just making the lead fighter the commander and giving it orders. That was at least promising but then the wing leader docked first and the subordinates docked on top and then they would no longer launch on command. I would have to manually move the parked fighter to get the storage fighter out. It's a mess and it's unclear when to right-click, left-click, click on a thing, click in space, etc. I largely gave up and only carry one fighter on my Cerberus. Anything else was just not fun to manage if you are flying the ship in question.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 09:19

photomankc wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 19:57
It does. Wings are a confusing mess. I can't even get three fighters in a Cerberus to work for me when I need them. I tried making me the wing commander, I tried just making the lead fighter the commander and giving it orders. That was at least promising but then the wing leader docked first and the subordinates docked on top and then they would no longer launch on command. I would have to manually move the parked fighter to get the storage fighter out. It's a mess and it's unclear when to right-click, left-click, click on a thing, click in space, etc. I largely gave up and only carry one fighter on my Cerberus. Anything else was just not fun to manage if you are flying the ship in question.
I can get some of the Commands to work Properly. "Fly To" works fine, as does "Explore", and "Follow", and if I give The "Wing Attack My Target", and the Following ship Gets Close Enough to my target, they Do Fire, but without being able to Get them in a Tight Formation, Most of the Time, The Fighting is LONG Over before they get into firing range...
"Formation" Needs to get Fixed Before any Fleet Operations have any Value.

Lone_Wolf_3115

Post by Lone_Wolf_3115 » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 09:23

Oh, BTW, I think the easiest way to give most Commands is on The Property List, Expand Subordinates under your ship, Click Each in Turn, Then Right Click Your ship to Choose the Command you want?? I think that does also work if you are on the Map View...

Return to “X4: Foundations”