Graphical Glitches on Quest 2 + Link, Impossible to play (right eye graphical artifacts).

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lordpazuzu
x4

Graphical Glitches on Quest 2 + Link, Impossible to play (right eye graphical artifacts).

Post by lordpazuzu » Thu, 13. May 21, 15:02

Hello,

I bought thias game when it came out, I had no issues with it at that time; Now I'm trying to play it with my Quest 2 + Link and unfortunately is imposible to play it because of weird graphical glitches in the right eye, Its not a hardware problem and many users in the oculus platform and steam have the same issues. Please Egosoft if possible take a look at this issue, you guys rock with the support in all your games, but in this case I feel you are like abandoning the game and there is no response about this.

Thanks,

Alejandro

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Graphical Glitches on Quest 2 + Link, Imposible to play

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 13. May 21, 15:13

Whilst saying that many others have reported this, you haven't really given the devs anything of substance to investigate.

What is your exact VR set up including all control peripherals and which driver(s) are you using? LInks to a fresh DxDiag and Vulkaninfo (and any dedicated VR device issue/settings report) may help with this.

Can you provide examples of reliable vanilla trigger situations for the issue, maybe a link to a vanilla save that will reliably show the issue happening, and can you provide links to any of the other reports you mentioned?

What different settings, options, drivers, etc have you tried so far in the hope of eliminating it?

I'm not saying the devs will devote a lot of time to this, but if the evidence, remedies already tried, and replication method are made easily available to them, somebody might take a look.

Good luck!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

lordpazuzu
x4

Re: Graphical Glitches on Quest 2 + Link, Impossible to play (right eye graphical artifacts).

Post by lordpazuzu » Sat, 15. May 21, 03:25

Firts of all I'm not a developer, so I dont have any idea of what are you requesting from me. I'm just a gamer that wants to a play a game that I bought 3 years ago that was working perfect, and now with new hardware is not, also I'm not the only onre that is having this issue, if you take a look at steam or even Oculus forums you will see that there is no response from the developer; At the end people are just requesting a refound which is a very bad thing because there is no a solution arround. I'm a fan of this developer, but unfortunately with this game there is a strange acking of support.

If possible please send me a guide or something to send the info you are requesting dialogs etc. Regarding trying many things, man I just want to play, I dont have unfortunately the time to debug or try many things to play a game, unstead I just switch to another one.

Oculus quest 2 + Link (This is already on the topic)
Windows 10 Pro 20H2
Oculus App Version 28.0.0.222.469 (28.0.0.222.469)
Nvidia Driver 416.11 (Quadro RTX 5000)

Cheers,

Alejandro

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Graphical Glitches on Quest 2 + Link, Impossible to play (right eye graphical artifacts).

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 15. May 21, 19:44

You don't have to be a developer to describe the problem in some detail, what sort of actions in-game causes the problem, what you may already have tried to avoid it and whether your game is modded.

Guides to providing DxDiag and Vulkaninfo are in the wiki here. How to provide saves is pretty similar, just upload zipped files to a reputable public fileshare site of your choice and provide a link in a post here that allows download access.

You first brought up the 'many other reports of this' so you must already know where they are.

Nobody is asking you to debug the game, but just to give the devs something more than 'something's broken' to investigate. The devs may have to gain access to specific hardware and software to investigate this issue properly and they probably will not bother without a clear issue description and replication advice and evidence.

Help them to help you. I hope you are successful in this.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Duxternewman
x4

Post by Duxternewman » Sat, 28. Aug 21, 12:32

Hello,same problem with xrebirth VR Steam edition on Oculus Quest 2. When I run the vive version graphically everything is ok but the controllers do not work.
When I run the oculus version the controllers work but it is graphically unplayable, there is flickers in the right eye and sometimes the left . do you know a solution?

Probleme apared at the begining for the menu. Images in both eyes seem to be not aligned/sync together and a little flashing.

Config in signature
RTX 2060 Super 8G OC
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K
16 Go Ram HyperX
QUEST 2 64 Go

Windows 10 Up to date
Driver Nvidia up to date

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”