Sidebar Button Bindings

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ionshard

Sidebar Button Bindings

Post by Ionshard » Mon, 15. Feb 21, 19:11

I am attempting to play using dual joysticks. I was able to bind everything related to flight really easily.

However, when it comes to the sidebar menu I have no clue what the bindings are for the buttons at the bottom are. This menu seems pretty important to the game :P

The game is telling me I can use the 1-4 keys to select those buttons and I have tried binding every menu button that is bound to 1-4 with none of them working.

Specifically I need to know where in the controls binding menu are the options for the "Back", "Tutorials", "Refresh" and "Briefing" buttons shown (highlighted in red) in this screenshot:
https://api.pcloud.com/getpubthumb?code ... &type=auto
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 15. Feb 21, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

bitvoid
x4

Re: Sidebar Button Bindings

Post by bitvoid » Tue, 16. Feb 21, 06:51

I think you need to change the Settings > Controls > Menu Navigation > Select Option 1 ... 6 bindings for those.

Ionshard

Post by Ionshard » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 17:59

I should add that I have tried binding every single option in the Menu Navigation options.

Investigating further, I found that when I press Button 3 on the joystick it selects the "Briefing" option. The ONLY thing button 3 is bound to is Menu Back. This made me curious. My joystick has a 2 phase trigger. If I press it down it triggers button 1, if I press it down further it triggers button 2 ... I have NOTHING bound to button 2 because I can't figure out what I would need to do while firing the guns. However, button 2 triggers the "Back" option ... So I pressed every button and I think those options are completely hard coded and not configurable!

Button 2 (Unbound) -> First Option "Back"
Button 7 (Bound to Menu Scroll Right) -> Second Option "Tutorials"
Button 4 (Unbound) -> Third Option "Refresh"
Button 3 (Bound to Menu Back) -> Fourth Option "Briefing"

What the heck is going on here?

Furthermore, this only seems accurate on the Bulletin Board if I then go to the Briefing option. Now it's

Button 7 (Bound to Menu Scroll Right) -> First Option "Back"
Button 1 (Bound to Fire Weapons) -> Second Option "Accept"

I think the conclusion is that there are no bindings for those buttons. I guess I'll just make it work, I can change my joystick's firmware so that those buttons are at least in convenient places but it seems crazy that buttons that are extremely important to playing the game are completely unbindable!

bitvoid
x4

Post by bitvoid » Sat, 20. Feb 21, 10:23

You're probably right and it seems it's not possible rebinding those buttons via the settings. You could try editing the inputmap.xml directly to change the "INPUT_STATE_DETAILMONITOR_A" and similar bindings (look for those with "source="INPUT_SOURCE_JOYBUTTONS""). There are a lot more actions bound to the 1-6 keys so you should probably reiew all bindings for "INPUT_KEYCODE_1" to "INPUT_KEYCODE_6" while you're at it.

Realistically it's probably easier to just configure your joystick to emit keyboard button 1-6 presses for the buttons you want in your profiling software.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”