Main plot of the game

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lyam Telos
x4

Main plot of the game

Post by Lyam Telos » Thu, 4. Feb 21, 10:52

Hello!

Since I managed to make X Rebirth VR work on Oculus Rift S, I now play the game. I'm enjoying the immersion and controls so far but I'm kinda lost story wise. We start the game with someone helping us to repair our ship I think? Then we go attack some Xenon. If I remember correctly, X Rebirth was more about this weird ship, the Skunk and how amazing it was. I find nothing of it in the VR edition.

So I'm wondering if we're playing the same plot as the non-VR game or if it's a new/different one. If it's two different-ish plots, then maybe they interconnect at some point, meaning that I will need to play X Rebirth first maybe? Or both? Can anyone can clarify that for me?

I really love the X-Universe and one of the important thing for me in Rebirth is the plot. I would really love to understand that.

Thanks!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Main plot of the game

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 4. Feb 21, 11:08

IIRC, XR VR uses a much cut-down version of the XR galaxy (to maintain performance) and hence will have a modified plot approach. Also I believe it avoids some activities that are prone to make VR players more likely to suffer nausea. Apart from those vague memories, I hope that an XR VR player can help you with the plot detail. Good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

bakterius
x4

Post by bakterius » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 11:23

plot working. You no have vissible copilot but others work fine

viewtopic.php?f=144&t=395702
Intel core i9 10900K 5,7 GHz; 2x16 GB DDR4 GF Gigabite 4090 RTX; SSD M2 patriot 2TB, Samsung 4K 29", VALVE INDEX, SAITEK x52 PRO

brotherofbuff
xrvr

Post by brotherofbuff » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 06:24

bakterius wrote:
Fri, 26. Feb 21, 11:23
plot working. You no have vissible copilot but others work fine

viewtopic.php?f=144&t=395702
Know any one who completed it on there? I got a bug where I cant pass through one of the early mission cause the name is cut out when told to talk to someone. Also the videos have no sound.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”