Menu Problems

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Menu Problems

Post by Ameer Nuub » Wed, 10. Jun 20, 17:56

(Specs / equipment at bottom)

So I’m having several basic menu problems.

I’m not able to select things in certain menus, i.e.- when you select an object and bring up the Interaction Menu (F) there are several options (follow, attack, etc.). Nothing works for me to be able to highlight or select anything.

When I’m in “person walking” mode in the Skunk, and I’m at the door controls, nothing works to highlight and select the option.

I’ve gone to the “Menu Navigation” section in settings. Everything there is the default for settings… but I couldn’t change anything if I wanted because I’ll hit a key command to enter my choice, but nothing changes.

Any help is appreciated.

VR system = Valve Index
Controllers = X52 pro

CPU = i7-6850K
GPU = (2) Titan RTX in SLI
RAM = 64G Corsair Vengeance
MB = Asus Rampage V 10th Anniversary Edition
PSU = Corsair AX1500
OS Drive = OCZ 512MB NVME M.2

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Re: Menu Problems

Post by Ameer Nuub » Mon, 22. Jun 20, 19:15

Not even a moderator or developer response. So you’ll keep taking people’s money for a product, but not support it?

I can’t play the game in VR because I use a HOTAS (as one should with this kind of game) and not the mouse / VR controllers. I can’t access or select any options in the “Interaction Menu”. In settings, nothing will allow changes in the “Menu Navigation” section.

Posts here are going months without any response. Is this what I should say in my Steam review?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 22. Jun 20, 21:35

OK, here's a moderator response. I don't have XR:VR and neither own nor have experience of any VR equipment; hence I have nothing useful to add. (That was why I didn't reply any earlier). Moderators are generally just players who volunteer to help officiate the forums; they are unpaid and have no direct connection with game development.

The actual benefit of posting in this public forum is to see if other VR players are having similar issues and whether they can offer any advice or workarounds. When an issue is reported by several different players as being serious and unsolvable then it is more likely that the devs would need to take a look when they can - although their attention is currently most firmly fixed on X4. In other cases where reports are unsupported, it might be assumed that this could be an isolated incident with the poster's system or set-up that could perhaps be solved by discussion by and within the VR community. Of course if the VR community are not interested in replying then there is nothing that the devs can do about it.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ameer Nuub
x3tc

Post by Ameer Nuub » Wed, 24. Jun 20, 19:21

“Moderators of the VR forum don’t have, aren’t familiar with, and can’t help with the title. The actual developers of the game can’t be bothered to support it because they’re on to their next cash grab.”

So the substance of my comment stands.

You want common sentiment? From other’s topics below this one:

“the very least you could do is keep it patched”

“It feels like an abandoned (tho' fully priced) game”

“I've seen lot's of VR bad products but this is unplayable.”

“C'mon devs; show X Rebirth some much needed love”

“I nw see that it's been 2+ years since the last update to this game, so I guess it's not being maintained any more.”

The posts below that are 0 responses and from DECEMBER and AUGUST.

Go ahead and use your “power”; will have no effect on the truth. I’ve bought every X title, including the God-awful normal version of this flop. Instead of releasing VR as an update, they release it as a separate title for full price, and then don’t support it. You can’t access or select anything in the “Interaction Menu”. You can’t change any settings in the settings menu. These are facets of BASIC game functionality.

That sucks and is wrong, no matter what the excuses, period.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 24. Jun 20, 20:15

I don't need to do anything. However, I think that you have effectively reduced any likelihood of a dev, and/or perhaps other VR players who have overcome such issues to play the game and might have helped, feeling sorry for and assisting you.

There are people who have struggled with similar(ish) issues in the past but have used this forum to try to assist others. Example.

Still others have tried to help by compiling issues and workarounds such as here - check the bugs section. Nothing very recent I'll grant you, but at least it is there in plain sight.

Remember, I know nothing about VR.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”