Does XR-VR supports Valve Index Controlers?

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

VNSpaceRanger
xr

Does XR-VR supports Valve Index Controlers?

Post by VNSpaceRanger » Sun, 7. Jun 20, 23:32

I upgraded my VR-System with the Valve Index and Knuckle Controlers. I realized that they arent supported right now. Will it be fixed?
"ein neuer Job? ich habe diesen doch gerade erst angefangen!" ... "Gib mir die Liste!" :twisted:

CPU: Intel i7 4790 @4,0 Ghz
MB: ASUS Z87WS
GK: KFA2 EXOC GTX1080
RAM: 16GB DDR3 OCZ (1400/1T)
Sound: Creative Soundblaster Z
Bench: 164 fps (TC-RD all max)

Franc Kaos

Re: Does XR-VR supports Valve Index Controlers?

Post by Franc Kaos » Mon, 8. Jun 20, 18:41

I just checked it out, they see them as the Vive controller but you should be able to go into settings and redefine the buttons and whatnot, the game still reacts to the controllers movement but the buttons just seem to be randomly picked (Left A for reverse, left Fire for thrust???), Right Joystick click seems to be Enter, Right B opens the side menu.
I bought this when I had the oculus and those worked really well (the Oculus store version) but then I went HOTAS and never looked back. I don't think the game is being developed any more tho' :( which is a shame.

VNSpaceRanger
xr

Post by VNSpaceRanger » Tue, 9. Jun 20, 09:44

i always played every X-title with HOTAS but the first time i played it with the oculus touch controlers it blew my mind! So i want it back or make it run with the valve index knuckles. X4 is not bad, you can do many things but im tired of staring an a 2D-Screen. Since i played ED-VR and XRVR theres no turning back for me into the 2D World when its about Space-Sims.
"ein neuer Job? ich habe diesen doch gerade erst angefangen!" ... "Gib mir die Liste!" :twisted:

CPU: Intel i7 4790 @4,0 Ghz
MB: ASUS Z87WS
GK: KFA2 EXOC GTX1080
RAM: 16GB DDR3 OCZ (1400/1T)
Sound: Creative Soundblaster Z
Bench: 164 fps (TC-RD all max)

bakterius
x4

Post by bakterius » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 14:43

I was play yesterday. I have new 3080 and 10900k and all in green numbers.. no spikes on max detail and 150% ss. I using valve index + adding Campagn mod (viewtopic.php?f=144&t=395702&sid=f32026 ... 8b9b8cef5f). Not steam version but Oculus store trough Revive. Its relative good with knuckles but you need remap button for missile... when i soft touching grip not squeze, all rocket fly away.. i change this on right stick click. Steam version not work very well on default. I known this game is buryed by developers.. but one patch please..... snap rotation on stations... i can fly in everything directions without problems but rotating on stations make me realy fast sick.. need close eyes when rotating.. :cry:
Intel core i9 10900K 5,7 GHz; 2x16 GB DDR4 GF Gigabite 4090 RTX; SSD M2 patriot 2TB, Samsung 4K 29", VALVE INDEX, SAITEK x52 PRO

Kork
x4

Post by Kork » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 17:20

If you play through Steam there is a community binding for the Knuckles controllers, which is quite ok. You can modify the bindings to some extent, even though I didn't manage to bind any control to a controller button that Egosoft didn't expose for VR. E.g. i couldn't bind "select next enemy" to a knuckles button or keypad direction. But could be just me.

Tolmos
x3tc

Post by Tolmos » Thu, 10. Dec 20, 16:07

Kork wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 17:20
If you play through Steam there is a community binding for the Knuckles controllers, which is quite ok. You can modify the bindings to some extent, even though I didn't manage to bind any control to a controller button that Egosoft didn't expose for VR. E.g. i couldn't bind "select next enemy" to a knuckles button or keypad direction. But could be just me.
I wonder if there's a way, via modding scripts, to expose those. I've wanted to get into modding for a while so I'm not really sure what the full capabilities are, but if there was ever a game worth getting into modding for it would be X Rebirth VR. Despite being basically abandoned, it's still one of the best VR space sandboxes out there. If I can find a way to continue support via scripting, I'd be happy to learn how and get to it.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”