Anyone else not able to open Small/Medium ship traders in space?

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tolmos
x3tc

Anyone else not able to open Small/Medium ship traders in space?

Post by Tolmos » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 23:34

So this is something I've just kind of accepted for a while, but I figured I'd ask as it started to bug me. I tried to fix it a few different ways, to no avail, so I wanted to see if anyone else experienced it.

When I go to the Five Ways shipyard and speak to the small ship vendor there, if I click on "Buy Ships" he says "Here's my list of ships to buy" (or something to that effect). The close window to the right pops up and shows whatever I was looking at last (so usually the sector map with a list of vendors in the station), and I get locked out of interacting with anything. No other popups or options... nothing. Just whatever I was previously looking at on the window to my right, nothing in front of me. The window becomes unclickable, like it thinks there should be another option, and there's a message over the button to the bottom right that says to look at the communication for more options. I can't back out of it or anything. The only way to exit this freeze is by clicking one of the little windows on my pilot's chair, which brings up another menu and forces the right window to close.

I've tried a few things to fix it: first I removed all addons and tried going to the station. Then I tried completely uninstalling the game and deleting the contents of Documents/Egosoft/X Rebirth VR. Then I tried installing NESA, tho it should technically be no longer necessary. Nada.

I can work around it by landing and talking to the guy on the platform, but it's annoying not being able to buy one of those ships from space. It's definitely possible in regular X Rebirth, so I was just curious if anyone else has this problem or has seen it before? Ive just been landing for now, but since it's literally the only thing I land for it would be nice if I could cut it out entirely. =D

Tolmos
x3tc

Re: Anyone else not able to open Small/Medium ship traders in space?

Post by Tolmos » Sat, 6. Jun 20, 00:10

To reframe the question: was anyone successfully able to open the medium/small ship dealer in five ways from Space in VR? =D Confirming someone else could would be just as valuable to me as finding out someone else could not in determine the cause of the issue.

superdave001
x4

Re: Anyone else not able to open Small/Medium ship traders in space?

Post by superdave001 » Sun, 31. Jan 21, 06:18

Tolmos wrote:
Sat, 6. Jun 20, 00:10
To reframe the question: was anyone successfully able to open the medium/small ship dealer in five ways from Space in VR? =D Confirming someone else could would be just as valuable to me as finding out someone else could not in determine the cause of the issue.
not me. all i do is jump in the crew quarters... i like it better anyway cause i often buy a pile of ships and assign them tasks all in one go, and that puts all the menus right in front of my face instead of craning my neck.

the other option is to take your headset off for a minute while you process your ship buying... sorta like the hacking workaround.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”