Modding XRVR - XML fileloading at runtime

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

breadmay

Modding XRVR - XML fileloading at runtime

Post by breadmay » Sun, 10. May 20, 15:43

Hi, I've looked through a lot of posts in various forums and I'm sure it's just me but I can't seem to figure this out - If I extract all the files from the DATs to the correct sub-folders, will the XML files be loaded at runtime rather than the DAT files?

Im prettty sure I've extracted the files correctly but I have edited a couple of XML files and the changes aren't showing up in game. If this is the correct method, for the \extensions\ego_vr\ folder, I'm assuming the DAT file should be extracted here rather than overwriting the main game files?

I appreciate any help I can get - thanks for reading.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Modding XRVR - XML fileloading at runtime

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 10. May 20, 16:11

If I remember correctly, you have to use the launch parameter -prefersinglefiles for extracted files to take priority over those from catalog files.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

breadmay

Re: Modding XRVR - XML fileloading at runtime

Post by breadmay » Mon, 11. May 20, 14:36

Legend! Thanks

One issue if anyone is able to help:

I tried using -prefersinglefiles and it loaded the extracted XML files from the root game DAT files, but did not load the files in the extensions\ego_vr folder (neither DAT nor the extracted XML files). However if I don't use -prefersinglefiles it loads the DAT file from extensions\ego_vr but not the extracted XML files in the subfolders. Any ideas how I get the game to load the extracted XML files in the extensions\ego_vr subfolders?

Thanks!

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”