Stuck in the tutorial if using a controller.

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Neofit
x4

Stuck in the tutorial if using a controller.

Post by Neofit » Sun, 29. Dec 19, 06:32

Hi,

I am pretty sure I have posted this here yesterday, but here we go again.

Just gotten the game, playing with an xbox360 controller. I am "stuck" in the tutorial when I am told to open the map (no problem there), and then to navigate to the sector level of the map. I see the button on the bottom row labelled "Sector", but no matter what I try I cannot reach it with the gamepad. Then after trying everything I could think of, I decided to try the mouse and bingo, it works, and I can switch to the Sector display.

But is there a way to reach it with the gamepad? It's rather inconvenient to have to blindly try to find the mouse every so often for some interface functions. What am I doing wrong?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Stuck in the tutorial if using a controller.

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 29. Dec 19, 12:38

If using VR then what head-pointing options does your headset system provide? You need to tell us a bit more about your hardware and set-up.

There were no posts from you yesterday, perhaps you didn't get round to pressing 'submit'.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Neofit
x4

Re: Stuck in the tutorial if using a controller.

Post by Neofit » Sun, 29. Dec 19, 16:49

Yes, I probably missed that Submit button.

My headset is a Pimax 4K, no VR controllers, just an xbox 360 wireless gamepad.

About head-pointing, I am not sure. I have this white dot on the screen that allowed me to use my head to point at targets to pass the gunnery test. It turns red when I point to any control in the cockpit. It disappears when I open an interface screen like the map screen. I've tried pointing to the Sector button thinking there may be a pointer but it's invisible for some reason, to no avail. Only the mouse is working.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”