[4.22] Quick & drone menus laggy and slow - Need other Oculus/Nvidia user comments

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

duncan idaho
x4

[4.22] Quick & drone menus laggy and slow - Need other Oculus/Nvidia user comments

Post by duncan idaho » Mon, 13. Nov 17, 01:05

4.22 release, English, Oculus Rift version (unmodded) with Touch controls, i5 6600k, Geforce GTX 980Ti. Both the drone and quick menu are very slow and laggy, as if they suffer from huge FPS drops. It makes them basically unusable. The rest of the game however runs very smoothly even on ultra graphics.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 14. Nov 17, 16:30

Is anyone else with the Oculus Rift and Nvidia card seeing this issue?

The last time we had an issue like this (in non-VR earlier versions) was because of an issue introduced externally within a series of AMD graphics drivers. As the OP has a Nvidia card, we cannot really speculate about that type of issue though.

It might be worth seeing if toggling your graphics card vsync setting makes any difference though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

duncan idaho
x4

Post by duncan idaho » Wed, 15. Nov 17, 01:53

Hi Alan,

I tried toggling vsync in the graphics options menu but it did not seem to change from off to on no matter how many times I pressed it. Strangely restarting the game I found it to be on. Regardless, it did not make any difference.

To describe a little better what is happening, the drone menu and quick menu both have animations that appear to be playing at a very low frame rate, perhaps 3 or 4 fps. Selecting between menu options using the pointer seems slightly lagged also. However this does not affect the framerate of the game; moving my head around does not display any lag, and ships moving in the background continue to move smoothly. I do not have any issues with standard menus.

A little more information on my system: I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers (388.13) on Windows 10 64-bit. DXDIAG can be found here: https://ufile.io/t0559

Edit: I've also noticed that the animations for the weapon and missile window/icons on the left are also similarly choppy.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 15. Nov 17, 14:06

Thanks. We would appreciate any further confirmation or otherwise from other Oculus/Nvidia users please.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ZacKPloK
x4

Post by ZacKPloK » Thu, 23. Nov 17, 23:41

I use Oculus and Nvidia, and I don't have this problem. Maybe a very small lag in the drone menu, but only a problem if you have to act fast. Found myself in a Trojan URV a few times when I wanted to start a Shield URV.

I have Oculus + Touch, Nvidia GTX1070, all updates on auto.

profanicus
x3tc

Post by profanicus » Fri, 5. Jan 18, 21:27

Hi, I'm noticing this too. The quick/drone menus are really low frame rate compared to rest of game.

1080ti, Nvidia 388.71, Windows 10 64 bit Fall Creator Update, Oculus Dash 2.0 beta, using Touch controls.

Racker56

Post by Racker56 » Mon, 29. Jan 18, 23:37

Hi. I'd been having this issue with laggy quick and drone menus since I installed XR:VR also.

Today, I overclocked my processor (an i5 2500k 3.3ghz) to 4.3ghz. Interestingly, in addition to getting a few extra FPSs around stations, it also seems to have solved the laggy quick menu issue.

I know this isn't exactly a fix, but I figured I'd post this in case it can help narrow down the cause of the problem.

This is my system fyi

i5 2500k (stock 3.3g, OCed to 4.3)
8 gigs of RAM
Nvidia 970
Windows 10 Pro
Vive Headset, using Xbox 360 controller (no touch controls)

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Tue, 27. Feb 18, 14:05

For the people on windows 10, can you try and update to the latest windows version - specifically make sure that "Security Update for Windows KB4056892)" is installed...

I'm curious if - after updating - the animated menu's are still laggy...

Demoness4

Post by Demoness4 » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 07:38

I have had this issue too, then i restarted my PC i guess, and everything runs smoothly . (Probably had lots of background programs draining CPU)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 08:44

Demoness4 wrote:I have had this issue too, then i restarted my PC i guess, and everything runs smoothly . (Probably had lots of background programs draining CPU)
Welcome to the forum :)

Please could you provide the name and driver versions for your VR kit, graphics card and Vulcan?

Were you able to test questions rboerdijk's Windows 10 question?

Thanks in advance.

Demoness4

Post by Demoness4 » Mon, 12. Mar 18, 14:25

Oculus Rift CV
Oculus App version 1.20.0.474906 (1.20.0.501061)

XR:VR version 4.30
Vulkan 1.0.61.0
Nvidia 980 GTX Ti driver : 388.59

Windows 10, I dont have that Security Update KB 4056892 installed (At least didnt find it in Installed Update History)

I just usually put my PC to sleep, so did I after installing XR:VR, was playing it that way few days, and though I did notice some lagging of that Quick menu ring ( and also loading save game animated ring in top right corner of screen), i had nothing to compare it to. When I did after all restart my PC, i noticed difference, now it runs smoothly.

juanitierno
xrvr

Post by juanitierno » Mon, 26. Mar 18, 17:02

Yesterday while playing I noticed those radial menus being very choppy too, was gonna post here but then forgot, and my home PC is turned off right now (so I can't get version numbers).

This DXDIAG is a week old, but haven't changed anything since. Will post a fresh diag later today:

https://pastebin.com/swCUWHWq

LucyBlue
xr

Re: [4.22] Quick & drone menus laggy and slow - Need other Oculus/Nvidia user comments

Post by LucyBlue » Fri, 22. Nov 19, 17:01

Oculus Rift CV1 and nVidia GTX1060 (6gb version). No issues here.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”