Refined Metals. Wherefore art thou?

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bazza
x3tc

Refined Metals. Wherefore art thou?

Post by Bazza » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 15:44

I thought I'd build myself a nice Construction shop to go with my shiny Energy matrix. However, the shop is in desperate need of "Refined Metals". Despite allocating funds and ships to the manager, absolutely no "Refined Metals" have arrived in order yo commence operations.

As a result, I have been scouring the universe in search of "Refined Metals". Any tips on sourcing these? There always seems to be some shortage of something and its hard to fill the gap because just to build a factory you need the very thing that you intend to produce :D
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 16:40

Your mistake was to build an Energy Matrix first, I built Metalworks first although I should have built Construction Shop.... park up outside Metalworks or Metalframes and time production runs.... check they have the required materials..... If you think finding Refined Metals is hard wait until you build URV Station.... That is one building I should never have started..... :cry:

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 17:05

You can expand your construction shop with refined metal production.
At full expansion (3 RM module for 2 RMP module), you don't cover for all your need of RM, but it's still of great help. Actually I'm pretty sure the 3 RM modules cover what's needed for at least 1 RMP module

Plus, those modules are pretty cheap. All you'll need is some mining ships to get ore supplies.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Sun, 1. Oct 17, 08:13

Ezarkal wrote:You can expand your construction shop with refined metal production.
At full expansion (3 RM module for 2 RMP module), you don't cover for all your need of RM, but it's still of great help. Actually I'm pretty sure the 3 RM modules cover what's needed for at least 1 RMP module

Plus, those modules are pretty cheap. All you'll need is some mining ships to get ore supplies.
Great idea to expand so I did exactly that.... Well, I've attempted it. So, the expansion is short of Fusion Reactors... No probs, I'll do what I did last time and baby sit production somewhere to quickly snap them up (and I do mean QUICKLY).... Hmmm, seems all Fusion Reactor production is now stuck everywhere waiting for Microchips... No worries, lets try and get Microchips from somewhere... Every place I find producing Microchips is stuck waiting for Silicone Wafers... Is this normal? Where's the active economy? There seems to be far too few stations and far too few traders. Everything seems to get stuck (Including the main plot!).

Looks like you better rush and build or else you'll end up with so many stuck layers of product it becomes just too much of a grind.

Am I missing something?
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 1. Oct 17, 11:51

On a related note, does anyone have any data on the trading of station-produced missiles (V Clrushers, Astrobees, Sunstalkers & Novadrones) in Omicron Lyrae?

Some OL stations produce these missiles* but only they 1st too are used in OL (by station turrets). In classic XR the Escape Velocity station acts as part of the ware sinks for all 4 missile but it is one of stations removed from XR VR.

*Mil Hi-Tech Dept and Mil Hi-Tech Manuf

I doubt many people are trying to produce and sell missiles in OL but maybe you have some trade useful trade data stored away from Trade Agents and the Economic Logistics Software? This last point could be useful for helping with checking other wares that seem rare in XRVR.

Qoohirtlamdo

Re: Refined Metals. Wherefore art thou?

Post by Qoohirtlamdo » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 21:30

Answers on related topics aside, can anyone answer the question the the thread was made for? I'd like to know too

Grimmrog
x4

Post by Grimmrog » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 10:23

One possibility in general is to buy some at highets price and then see if an NPC sells you them, and then sneak follow that one. if they are named like traders that belong to the related station you will just follow them towards their factory.

CappyVee
x4

Post by CappyVee » Mon, 25. Feb 19, 10:26

I have to be really pedantic and point out that wherefore doesn't mean where, it means why.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 25. Feb 19, 12:13

... and I have to be really pedantic and point out that you are commenting on a nearly two year old title. <Click>
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”