Cheats

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

John McG
x4

Cheats

Post by John McG » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 14:55

I have just started X Rebirth Vr and wanted to add a few credits. In previous X Rebirth I could open a saved game and change how much money I had. I can open the X Rebirth Vr saved game OK, but it won't let me change any of the figures. Is there an easy way around this?
Thanks

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 15:06

What do you mean by "it won't let me change any of the figures"? The way savegames work is pretty much the same between XR and XRVR and there's no reason why your technique shouldn't work in the latter, if you do it correctly.

John McG
x4

Cheats

Post by John McG » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 15:31

I have the list of info, the same as I had in previous games, but for some reason it won't let me input any figures, or make any changes, I will keep trying.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Cheats

Post by CBJ » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 16:15

John McG wrote:...it won't let me input any figures, or make any changes...
This is the part I don't understand. What won't let you input any figures or make any changes? Are you using an editor? And if so, doesn't that just imply that the editor thinks that the file is read-only?

John McG
x4

Cheats

Post by John McG » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 17:05

If I click on the WinRAR file, it opens with full text, but won't let me edit the text, If I open the file with 'Crimson editor' - this is a program I have used successfully in the past, I just get a load of unreadable 'gobbledook' text.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 18:10

Sounds to me as if you would try to edit a packed file directly, instead of extracting it first.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 14. Sep 17, 18:32

Just to add to this, there is no difference in the way XR and XRVR savegame files are compressed. Whatever you did when you edited the XR savegame, you have clearly missed a step when trying to do it this time around.

eroneast

Re: Cheats

Post by eroneast » Tue, 2. Apr 19, 15:55

For edit savegame, go here.
Money and more are explicated (in French but easy to understand).
good game.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”