Walking turn rate.

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

garybrain
x4

Walking turn rate.

Post by garybrain » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 18:48

Hi, is there a setting somewhere to increase the turn rate when walking.

I am finding it the most and only annoying feature. Crawling through the air ducks is just a nightmare.

Thanks

G.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 19:24

There should be a setting somewhere in the Controls menu. I am afraid, I don't know in which submenu it is located exactly.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

garybrain
x4

Post by garybrain » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 21:03

X2-Illuminatus wrote:There should be a setting somewhere in the Controls menu. I am afraid, I don't know in which submenu it is located exactly.
Thanks will have a look as soon as I can get back in. :( oculus 1.18 now crashes the game on loadup.
<1.18 (beta) Oculus app issue confirmed and in hand with relevant devs. Stay on 1.17 (release) for now. Alan Phipps>

Boeng01
x4

Post by Boeng01 » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 22:21

I never found this adjustment either. For now it helped to use digital turning instead of analog, which also can be configured on the sticks of the touch Controllers. At least you now turn with the fastest possible Speed always and don't have to search for the 'sweet spot' with the analog sticks.

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 22:43

Even adjusting to top speed is still painfully slow, it got nerfed in an update. I blindly grasp for the WASD keys for the platform, it's less annoying - plus the game is teaching me some awesome blind-keyboarding skills.

I'm praying they allow mouse control in VR - at least for walking about... and working on the ships monitor... which needs to be moved front and centre - stat!

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 23:59

semi-useabe mod template:

file libraries/parameters.xml

Code: Select all

<diff>
  <replace sel="//playerfirstperson/speed">
    <speed pitch="2" yaw="3.5" forward="6" reverse="4" strafe="4" runfactor="2" walkfactor="0.5" crouchfactor="0.5" maxfall="90" />
  </replace>
<diff>
note: this template contains the default values. to change anything you have to play with them yourself.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

garybrain
x4

Post by garybrain » Wed, 30. Aug 17, 00:09

Boeng01 wrote:I never found this adjustment either. For now it helped to use digital turning instead of analog, which also can be configured on the sticks of the touch Controllers. At least you now turn with the fastest possible Speed always and don't have to search for the 'sweet spot' with the analog sticks.
decided to go with this option as its seems the easiest and it did the trick.

thanks

G.

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Wed, 30. Aug 17, 00:20

semi-useabe mod template:
Nice one! I'll check it out tomorrow.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”