[4.20] BUG - Mission guidance stopping early during Xenon Incursion

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tuyijop
x4

[4.20] BUG - Mission guidance stopping early during Xenon Incursion

Post by tuyijop » Mon, 14. Aug 17, 14:10

Hi ! I enjoy this message bevause we are many to have this problem...with campaign in VR Edition my mission is "Xenon incursion" and the targeting for this mission is broken i don'g know where i must to go
And yisha is get up rear me and not seat down near me...i don't know why
Dev, can you help we
PS : this bug is coming before use the mods
THANkS
Ps: sorry for my English ;-)

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Mon, 14. Aug 17, 15:48

This is the thread in the Steam forums where several users reported no guidance for the mission:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/570420/di ... 862531774/

Normally the issue is sidetracking after starting the mission to do other things and later on, when the mission is selected, no guidance is present.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Faldo
x3ap

Post by Faldo » Wed, 16. Aug 17, 21:12

I have the same problem. The mission target you to take the Xenon components from the destroyed ships, after finish that task the target disappear.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 17. Aug 17, 00:20

Faldo wrote:I have the same problem. The mission target you to take the Xenon components from the destroyed ships, after finish that task the target disappear.
I've noticed a couple of times that mission guidance can disappear. If you try the following, one of them could lead to the guidance reactivating and leading you to an NPC:

1. Disable and Re-enable the Mission Guidance.
2. Set a different mission to active, then revert to the delivery mission.
3. Saving, under a new slot, and reloading.

Please let us know if one of these helps. Thanks.

tuyijop
x4

Post by tuyijop » Thu, 17. Aug 17, 12:35

Hi !! I try tonight the 3nd option...the first and second option don't work...
PS: when i look the plot mission in board mission select....the little map of mission bug with many color and she's not visible

Thanks ;-)

tuyijop
x4

Post by tuyijop » Thu, 17. Aug 17, 14:01

I have try the 3nd solution and she don't work...

PS: the mission of engine motor bug when we talk with the pnj to take the mission...and the little map of this mission bug same of plot mission...but after...she work

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Thu, 17. Aug 17, 23:38

I too got mission complete but still have mission listed as active. Does this mean the campaign will be stuck?
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

ronny_77_77
x3

Post by ronny_77_77 » Sat, 19. Aug 17, 11:57

I am stuck for over a week at the same point. Mission success but no further guidance. None oft the mentioned above could solve the problem for me.

AlsoIralith
x4

Post by AlsoIralith » Mon, 21. Aug 17, 01:56

Just another person in the same boat. I've played for a while since I got held up there, which is to say that I've taken on and completed other missions, traveled around, had all sorts of guidance for those other missions...hasn't seemed to shake anything loose on the main mission chain.

I'm wondering: is there anyone who hasn't had this problem? That might be more useful--might indicate what you're supposed to do there to not get into the weeds.
His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white:
Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Mon, 21. Aug 17, 07:19

Same issue, main plot, Xenon incursion - no clue of what to do or where to go. I kind'a thought maybe I was supposed to do other missions to upgrade and whatnot as the mission is very hard, but then I read this thread.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 21. Aug 17, 08:00

Devs are looking into this issue. Thanks for all the reports.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 21. Aug 17, 11:11

... but feel free to post here still if you discover more details about the failure trigger conditions or have a relevant vanilla save to help the devs investigate, etc.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

tuyijop
x4

Mission Xenon Incursion

Post by tuyijop » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 20:33

Hi guys !! can you help me please ?!

this is my problem : i can't continue the mission" Xenon Incursion" because no have guidancefor continue after help the second squad in Albion what i do make ?i can't construct station because metal plaiting is none everywhere and i can't continue the plot

PS: when i looh the small map in the mission Xenon incursion she's buggued with many color or sometime all black

9 days with this problem :-( (many people have the same problem)

i had this problem before installing the mods

Thanks for your Help

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Wed, 30. Aug 17, 00:56

I think they've been busy with all the X4 presentation stuff. I hope they can now get to fixing this issue for those of us who forked out for this title in good faith.

A little more transparency from the developer with regard to this title and its development would be nice.
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

gapper4
x3ap

Did I break the main quest ?

Post by gapper4 » Mon, 4. Sep 17, 15:39

I'm playing on the Rift with Controllers and started with the vanilla start (the one where you have to rebuild the Skunk). I've done the tutorials to the point where I had to fly to Albion. I got there and now that quest seems broken. In the active quest panel it just says something about helping against the Xenon, and is marked as "very hard" and when I highlight it as active, nothing happens. There is no guidance or anything. Is it broken, or am I just supposed to go around killing Xenon from now on ?

<Known and reported. Merged into main thread. Alan Phipps>

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 4. Sep 17, 16:00

Hi all.

I'm looking into this issue, and yes, there are cases where it can stall. What should happen is that sub-missions occur for you to take part in. But if you missed them for long enough, they would stop spawning.

It should be fixed in the next version.

Owen

tuyijop
x4

it's too long for this problem

Post by tuyijop » Mon, 4. Sep 17, 17:12

Or an command in game for reload campaign mission...it's possible ?

it's possible to have a new update for this problem before the next year ???

or we must ask as an modder ?

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: it's too long for this problem

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 4. Sep 17, 18:30

tuyijop wrote:it's possible to have a new update for this problem before the next year ???
Well, I don't know if we've said when an update is next due out, but yes, it is before next year. We're working on it :roll:

EDIT: Split the reports about visual artifacts to this thread.

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 00:29

Did this get fixed? In the 4.21 patch?

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 12:10

There were some fixes which I confirmed by testing someones savegame.

Specifically, the issues fixed were:
Spoiler
Show
- Fixed the Xenon Incursion missions stalling if a number of mission events (those on the event monitor) were ignored
- Fixed end of mission logbook message for the 'Xenon Buildup' mission.
- Fixed end of mission balancing for the 'Lost contact' mission
- Fixed these missions taking guidance away from other active missions when running in parallel.

These two missions will occur randomly and present themselves in the event monitor and the BBS. Should you wish to ignore them, you can do, and they will then only appear in the BBS. Xenon activity should be relatively high in Albion until the end of the set of missions.
If for some reason, you still can't get these missions, please let us know.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”