[XRVR MODS] X-R Vanilla Recall Collection [Update 2017-09-11]

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jesset
x4

Re: [XRVR MODS] X-R Vanilla Recall Collection [Update 2017-09-11]

Post by jesset » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 21:11

Thanks to all that worked on this recall mod. I very much enjoyed the game. :D :D :D
Gaming Rig ITX Build
8th Gen i7
32GB Ram
2 TB SSD
2080 Super graphics card
All in 5.7 L space

LOLGAM3R

Post by LOLGAM3R » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 12:35

Hey !

The link works now. I don t know why, but when i tried first time it didn't work well... (maybe server overload... ?)

And i didn't retry the link before.

All is fine now ! Thank you very much to all that worked on this mod !

sundernet
x4

Post by sundernet » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 11:17

Will the vr version supports the 2 expansions aswell ?
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] ASRock Extreme4
[CPU] Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600k 3.60Ghz 6Core
[Cooling] Criorig C7
[Video] Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 8GB
[Harddrive] CM500 500GB SSD
[Harddrive] Seagate Baraccuda 2TB
[Disc Player] - Portable Slim Drive USB 3.0

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Thu, 16. May 19, 17:07

Just been musing and reading quietly.

I just got VR and was contemplating getting Rebirth cos I liked the 2D version... I was really sad to hear most of the cosmetics and even Yisha is gone from the VR version, although she can be annoying at times.

However, the work you guys are doing will get me buying it if you succeed- and thanks to the Dev for helping out too! :)
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

kongha

Post by kongha » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 21:07

A big thank you for bringing back my first space sim to the VR-world. Its amazing mod and Im very happy.

Shanjaq
x3

Post by Shanjaq » Tue, 13. Aug 19, 07:11

I'm not sure if this is due to the mod, but sometime in the first half-hour of playing, I turned on Station Scan mode. Now, several hours and savegame loads later, I need to switch to long-range scan mode, but when I use the 1-1 menu to "stop current mode", I hear "Scanner deactivated.", but I'm still stuck in Station Scan mode. Is there some way to edit my savegame to turn it off?

Edit: The problem seems to have gone away by starting a new campaign, I wonder if saving without turning off the ship mode and reloading caused the issue?
[ external image ]
SPACE HAS A TERRIBLE POWER

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 14. Aug 19, 13:39

sundernet wrote:
Thu, 14. Mar 19, 11:17
Will the vr version supports the 2 expansions aswell ?
Yes. They are both included, and the main start brings within Home Of Light system. Thanks to UF for this info.

polarbair

Post by polarbair » Sat, 7. Mar 20, 06:39

I've seen mention in this thread about possible ways to bring Yisha back into the cockpit but I haven't yet found a mod that actually does this.

Has nobody gotten that to work or does it exist and I just don't know where to look?

I really hate that empty copilot seat.

bakterius
x4

Post by bakterius » Thu, 19. Nov 20, 15:08

Many many thankyou for this mod.. expect "empty seat" all works. But please, can you make mod for Snap rotating on stations please? This is only problem in this game now.. I can fly upside down for hours but when i landing and want turn to side, instantly motion sickness coming... its realy anoying need still closed eyes when i rotate...
Intel core i9 10900K 5,7 GHz; 2x16 GB DDR4 GF Gigabite 4090 RTX; SSD M2 patriot 2TB, Samsung 4K 29", VALVE INDEX, SAITEK x52 PRO

Tolmos
x3tc

Post by Tolmos » Thu, 10. Dec 20, 16:10

So I just wanted to say thank you for this mod. Despite the age, it still worked fantastically for me. You did an amazing job on this, and honestly I wish Steam would put a link to it right at the top of the download for this game lol

dracflamloc
x3

Post by dracflamloc » Sun, 13. Dec 20, 20:01

Yes, thank you for this mod! Now if only X4 had VR support (or hell, even X3) :(

Tolmos
x3tc

Post by Tolmos » Tue, 15. Dec 20, 00:37

Hah! X3 VR would probably give people some gnarly motion sickness.

I've definitely considered trying to get into modding for this game to try to keep it and some of the mods for it alive, but my only concern is controller support. I don't have a way to test out the Oculus controllers, but I've heard that the game struggles with reading input from them. If we could get like a twice yearly update that adds support for the top 5 most popular VR headset controller configurations, that would go a really long way to helping to rebuild the community around X-R VR.

Lyam Telos
x4

Post by Lyam Telos » Mon, 8. Feb 21, 13:30

Tolmos wrote:
Tue, 15. Dec 20, 00:37
I've definitely considered trying to get into modding for this game to try to keep it and some of the mods for it alive, but my only concern is controller support. I don't have a way to test out the Oculus controllers, but I've heard that the game struggles with reading input from them. If we could get like a twice yearly update that adds support for the top 5 most popular VR headset controller configurations, that would go a really long way to helping to rebuild the community around X-R VR.
I've got an Oculus Rift S and there is indeed some issues with the controllers mainly because the Rift S touch controller has 1 input less than the Rift oculus touch controller. This input is the thumb rest on both controllers, which mean you cannot by default reset your VR view (which is absolutely needed in this game since I got a lot of weird view changes during gameplay). The other one is for for motion control which, in my opinion, is one of the best implementation of ship movement I've seen for a VR game. I don't know how those two features are bound to the Vive controller but it seems that, for a Rift S, you need another way of sending inputs. VoiceAttack works well but I really don't like it. Maybe I missed something or a smart to bind those two features on another button.

I never created or edited mods yet, but I'm willing to try. If ever you jump into modding, I may join you because I really X Rebirth VR, even if I'm lost playing it, haha.

martin187

Post by martin187 » Sun, 29. Aug 21, 13:55

hi i know im very late to the party but i wanna thank you for doing this i was very disappointed that so much content was cut and the restoration project restores all that, brilliant much appreciated maybe release this on the steam workshop so more ppl know about it cuz im not gonna lie i almost didnt find this and would have given up on the game atleast in vr.

LazyBunnyKiera
xrvr

Post by LazyBunnyKiera » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 22:40

Yeah i'm also pretty late to the party.
The open doors mod is great and i'm using a bunch of others, but i really wish there was a way to get the holograms and other npcs to respawn. Stations just feel so dead at the moment.

Though with the open doors mod, in the bunk room i'll often find 2 hirable npcs. Which is better than nothing. So much has changed in the games since my x2 days, so i'm not sure if i could mod the npcs back in myself.

jesset
x4

Post by jesset » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 22:26

Hi All I just want to start out with I love this mod. I downloaded it years ago and it was great for the system I had at the time. fast forward to today I have a much better rig. for VR games and have revisited this wonderful game and this mod. since I now have a power house of a computer. I'm trying to up all the setting to give the game more eye candy. I'm doing it by disabling the clearskies part. the problem is it corrupts the saves and makes them unusable when you retry to start the game. is there a work around to prevent this. or can I or how do i enable the mod NOT to take so much nebulas and stardust's and debri away.

I hope this thread is not dead any help will be greatly appreciated thanks for your time in this matter.
Gaming Rig ITX Build
8th Gen i7
32GB Ram
2 TB SSD
2080 Super graphics card
All in 5.7 L space

bitvoid
x4

Post by bitvoid » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 07:39

@jesset Mods have to declare whether it's safe to remove them from save. If you remove or disable a "unsafe" mod the game will prevent you from loading your save to avoid breaking it. If you want to remove the mod anyway you can try following this guide (please backup your saves beforehand). Although the guide is written for X4 the same process can be used for XRVR, only the saves are stored in a different folder.

Good luck.

jesset
x4

Post by jesset » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 09:18

bitvoid wrote:
Sun, 24. Oct 21, 07:39
@jesset Mods have to declare whether it's safe to remove them from save. If you remove or disable a "unsafe" mod the game will prevent you from loading your save to avoid breaking it. If you want to remove the mod anyway you can try following this guide (please backup your saves beforehand). Although the guide is written for X4 the same process can be used for XRVR, only the saves are stored in a different folder.

Good luck.
@Bitvoid Thank you very much for the response. My bad I guess I was not very clear on what I was trying to do. I was not trying to remove a mod from a save. however you post did give me an idea. My issue was I disabled an extension then saved a new fresh game. you could save all day with no issues. that was never the problem. The problem was if you exit the game and come back later the s would not load do to the extension that was disabled in the first place. The work around was to; instead of disabling the extension I just removed it all together. with a new fresh start As before the save is not corrupted.

Again thank you very much
Gaming Rig ITX Build
8th Gen i7
32GB Ram
2 TB SSD
2080 Super graphics card
All in 5.7 L space

MikeBM

Post by MikeBM » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 10:24

I can get this mod to work well. BUT for some reason I get no voice over on the storyline videos, just the background sounds/music. I have seen a few other people mentioning the problem but never a solution.

Is there really no workaround for this? I am using the Valve Index and Steam VR. Trying the original flat screen version of the game (not the modded VR version) the voice over plays without problems.

MikeBM

Post by MikeBM » Thu, 19. Jan 23, 10:39

MikeBM wrote:
Thu, 19. Jan 23, 10:24
I can get this mod to work well. BUT for some reason I get no voice over on the storyline videos, just the background sounds/music. I have seen a few other people mentioning the problem but never a solution.

Is there really no workaround for this? I am using the Valve Index and Steam VR. Trying the original flat screen version of the game (not the modded VR version) the voice over plays without problems.
To add to the above: if I choose the Teladi Outpost game start the voice in the videos play just as it should! So it would seem that there is some setting somewhere missing for the vanilla campaign. But what, and where?

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”