eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 05:50

Bazza wrote:
eMYNOCK wrote:
Bazza wrote:....
from hearsay it is just not finished yet...
I haven't read anywhere that its not yet finished. So, just truing to clarify, are you suggesting it still needs further development time as opposed to just bug fixing?
Sadly i have no evidence because i've lost track of the related Thread.. nor do i remember if it was mentinoned in Steam or here...

All i recall is that some Dev said that the actual VR Main Plot was not fully finished (at the time i "heard" about it).

Relating your question... yes, i assume that they are still developing the Main Plot until Full Release... and i really hope that it is fully finished by that time.

And now my own concern.

====================

Aloha co-conspirator,

I'm desperate, actually I wanted to restore the interior of the docks at least optically, including holo dancers, guards, decoration NPCs and the missing scaffolding on some advertising boards.

I have not the slightest idea what was changed in the docks and apparently nothing works of what I do.

If someone had even the smallest idea could help me a lot.

Just as an indication ... I have already tried ... it is not the quotas.xml and also not the affected dock macros.

Desperate greetings

edit:

latest intel i got from lino is that NPC density is Hardcoded...
i think i can safely cancel my density project.
Last edited by eMYNOCK on Wed, 4. Oct 17, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 08:12

I was under the impression a lot of the 3D modeling and animation had been removed. Mind you, I have yet to come across any of these supposed "missions" that were added to allow you to enter the station interiors. I assumed they setup only a few that still had basic 3D modelling included. (If they exist at all... I did ask how this works exactly and got a vague response from someone who hasn't even played the VR version of the game)

Here's my theory... This isn't a full time concern of egosofts but merely a background project with X4 being the main focus.
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 08:28

UniTrader wrote:
wait.. you want us to travel through the Toride Anomalies?
i think the Anomalies make more sense than Gates in leading to an alternative Universe* (thats how i interpret the smultaneous eixstence of both universes) than Jump Gates.
cant you just set a anomaly as some kind of gate and connect it with an other anomaly?
Anomalies are putting you to another random anomaly in the galaxy (usually), but i can use a few tricks to put consistency in that behavior ;) maybe something like stabilizer missiles which will force the anomaly to lead to is Parallel Universe counter piece for a few seconds or something.. currently relatively low prio though, the other stuff is more important for me.
Also i am planning to implement a Anomaly Travel Method for other Ships than the Player Ship, question is if its all Ships or just small ones (see later)

still some stuff i have to decide about though:

=> Because i mirrored the Galaxy Map of the VR Universe some Gate Connections go straight through the Sectors, which is imo distracting
screen showing this with comparision:
VR => http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1116869036
Classic => http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1116868936
Options are:
A) keep it this way and keep Toride and Koroni** close to each other
B) undo the Mirror and simply place both next to each other
C) just place them on top of each and differ them only by their Color***
D) Place them on a diffrent Y Layer of the Galaxy Map

=> the Big Ships in XVR are stirpped down compared to the regular variants. i see 3 possible solutions:
A) Upgrade all Big Ships back to Classic level
B) keep all Ships down on VR level
C) each Universe gets its own Variant and Big Ships cannt change Universe, only small Ships can to keep balance.

* if you have a diffrent opinion feel free to change this. its just a single <add> action to link the two FoO Gates.

** for better differentiation i have swapped the Cluster and Sector name for Toride//Koroni in the VR Universe ;) especialy useful because this way you can easily tell when you changed the Universe (Betty Announces either Toride or Koroni as new System ;) :D )

*** i am planning to color the Name of classic and VR Universe Clusters/Sectors/Zones for differentiation because they all share their names
In my original post, I was referring to the plot of the original XR game, as unlocked for the XRVR version with the help of mod that re-introduces various elements of the original game (such as story lines, walking in stations, original cockpit, etc).

Mavo Pi
x4

Post by Mavo Pi » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 08:32

Bazza wrote:I was under the impression a lot of the 3D modeling and animation had been removed. Mind you, I have yet to come across any of these supposed "missions" that were added to allow you to enter the station interiors. I assumed they setup only a few that still had basic 3D modelling included. (If they exist at all... I did ask how this works exactly and got a vague response from someone who hasn't even played the VR version of the game)

Here's my theory... This isn't a full time concern of egosofts but merely a background project with X4 being the main focus.
I thought I found some of the missions around the station (light bulb symbol). It is something along the lines of bring goods to gain full station access and not listed on the bulletin board until you look at the symbol on the station. But I did not do any of these missions yet because I have open doors and capital ship bridges installed.

Bazza
x3tc

Post by Bazza » Wed, 4. Oct 17, 08:45

Mavo Pi wrote:
I thought I found some of the missions around the station (light bulb symbol). It is something along the lines of bring goods to gain full station access and not listed on the bulletin board until you look at the symbol on the station. But I did not do any of these missions yet because I have open doors and capital ship bridges installed.
Ahhh, Lightbulbs. Cool... Someone said they were "i" icons. Thanks for that.

Edit: ok, yep, took a couple of these. No hologram dancers and no people in the bars. The odd employee in the locker rooms or managers office.

Visited one station with the aquariums in the halls. That was a stutter fest and for the first time ever in VR I started to feel slightly queasy after a while. I thought I was impervious to all manner of VR induced sickness, but obviously not quite that level of stutter whilst walking around. No wonder they made that part optional although other station interiors were fine.

I still find turning when walking too slow. It would be good to have a slider for the speed of this in options.
ZORK, IW2:EOC, GIANTS, NOLF 1, Runaway, Gothic I&II, Mafia, Arx Fatalis, Divine Divinity, Vietcong... I Loved Those Games

Mavo Pi
x4

Post by Mavo Pi » Thu, 5. Oct 17, 17:12

I modified eMynocks open doors script so the doors only open on player owned properties to keep the default XRVR behavior with capital ship bridges mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wm5d04c2ti7o ... s.zip?dl=0

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Fri, 6. Oct 17, 15:22

Alan Phipps wrote:@ gapper4: yes it is.
Well, this sucks. Plutarch is now completely hostile to me in Albion with no way of moving the story forward. Every time I take the CV1 off the game pauses and I can't seem to be able to play it in 2D where, reportedly, scanning with the URV works.

Would anyone please have any suggestions on how to get around this ?

Mavo Pi
x4

Post by Mavo Pi » Fri, 6. Oct 17, 15:31

gapper4 wrote:
Well, this sucks. Plutarch is now completely hostile to me in Albion with no way of moving the story forward. Every time I take the CV1 off the game pauses and I can't seem to be able to play it in 2D where, reportedly, scanning with the URV works.

Try pressing the break/pause key on your keyboard after taking off the rift or starting the game without putting the headset on.

gapper4
x3ap

Post by gapper4 » Fri, 6. Oct 17, 17:18

Mavo Pi wrote:
gapper4 wrote:

Try pressing the break/pause key on your keyboard after taking off the rift or starting the game without putting the headset on.
Thank you. That fixed it. I managed to complete the mission in 2D and move the plot along !

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 23. Oct 17, 17:35

For reference in case any mod users are having issues with the XR crafting missions:
Lothari wrote:Hi, y'all!

After some work, I've discovered that these crafting missions are not running for the OP because of the mod packaged as part of the X-R Vanilla Recall Collection that swaps out the game universe we packaged with X Rebirth VR with the one in X Rebirth. This stops some missions from running because of some very specific safety measures that cannot be removed.

Please be aware that we cannot normally provide support for problems encountered when using a modified game. If you are not able to produce the problem in a fresh start with an unmodified game, then we will have to assume that, as in this case, the problem is caused by one of the modifications.

Thanks,
Lothari
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 75#4687075

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 23. Oct 17, 17:58

Ahhhhhh will "specific safety measures" join "soon" and "we are aware" Egosoft terminology ..... at least it is not "secret specific safety measures"

In dubiis non est agendum.

Preferred SonOfToastie ...... :)

antcodd

Post by antcodd » Tue, 2. Jan 18, 10:17

dertien wrote: The gamestarts can be used separately and should be safe to use and not break things.
Decided to try installing just the gamestart mods, given the issues with replacing the universe.

I tried the campaign start in X Rebirth VR 4.30, at first it seemed to work fairly well (apart from needing to install open doors early on).

I got stuck in the early The Trade Run mission. The delivery of 100 Energy Cells in Exhaustless Mines gets redirected to Floating Meadows I but after completing that continues with guidance that just says "Talk to:". Docking at various ports of the station does not help. According to a walkthrough this is supposed to take place at Lonely Giant including cinematic cutscene about that station, but this station doesn't seem to exist in X Rebirth VR. I don't get guidance to dock at the station either. It sounds like that mission is rather buggy in vanilla so it is a little hard to tell if there is some way to make it work.

I feel like I've read about this plot mission redirection somewhere, but perhaps it was my imagination

I'm fairly new to the X series, having only played to the end of the VR plot tutorials. What effect will installing the universe mod have on existing saves? Can I continue my campaign save or should I restart it? Can I disable the mod in extensions and safely continue my VR plot save?

I also didn't get any voiceover in the initial cinematic, otherwise it seems to work quite well. Much more immersive than the VR plot! Thanks!

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 05:32

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:For reference in case any mod users are having issues with the XR crafting missions:
Lothari wrote:Hi, y'all!

After some work, I've discovered that these crafting missions are not running for the OP because of the mod packaged as part of the X-R Vanilla Recall Collection that swaps out the game universe we packaged with X Rebirth VR with the one in X Rebirth. This stops some missions from running because of some very specific safety measures that cannot be removed.

Please be aware that we cannot normally provide support for problems encountered when using a modified game. If you are not able to produce the problem in a fresh start with an unmodified game, then we will have to assume that, as in this case, the problem is caused by one of the modifications.

Thanks,
Lothari
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 75#4687075
i will simply point towards the link in the LINK...

still... apologies... it is really ONLY the raw xml file... and it WILL just reactivate the diverse Crafting Missions... like the MK5 SHields, Mk3 Particle Repeater and Rare Engines.

bitvoid
x4

Post by bitvoid » Mon, 13. Aug 18, 21:11

Thank you all for this awesome mod. I recently started a new save with this and couldn't imagine being in the empty universe that ships with XRVR any more.

I've also just published two of my personal mods that I feel would be a nice addition to the Recall Collection:

Recall_SkunkEngines - Restores the original player engine speeds. XRVR had the turning rate of all player engines roughly halved. Might induce motion sickness.

Recall_WeaponLoadouts - Restores all ships and stations to their original weapon loadouts. XRVR removed about half of the capship and station turrets.

Both can be downloaded at https://github.com/bitvoid/xr_recall.
If you like it feel free to add it to the collection.

LOLGAM3R

Re: [XRVR MODS] X-R Vanilla Recall Collection [Update 2017-09-11]

Post by LOLGAM3R » Wed, 14. Nov 18, 17:54

Hi all !

I want to play all the campaign from the original X rebirth in XR VR.

If i understood this topic, it s clearly possible with this mod in the first page : "X-R Vanilla Recall Collection"

Is it finished yet ? can we do the whole campaign in vr ? any advice to optimize the mod/experience?

and the link to download the mod : http://www.mediafire.com/file/fieqqr8in ... nsions.zip

IS DEAD :(

We can't download the extentions.zip anymore... so sad...

Can someone upload again the zip file on another file hoster please ?

Thank you very much !!

jesset
x4

Post by jesset » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 21:11

Thanks to all that worked on this recall mod. I very much enjoyed the game. :D :D :D
Gaming Rig ITX Build
8th Gen i7
32GB Ram
2 TB SSD
2080 Super graphics card
All in 5.7 L space

LOLGAM3R

Post by LOLGAM3R » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 12:35

Hey !

The link works now. I don t know why, but when i tried first time it didn't work well... (maybe server overload... ?)

And i didn't retry the link before.

All is fine now ! Thank you very much to all that worked on this mod !

sundernet
x4

Post by sundernet » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 11:17

Will the vr version supports the 2 expansions aswell ?
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] ASRock Extreme4
[CPU] Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600k 3.60Ghz 6Core
[Cooling] Criorig C7
[Video] Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 8GB
[Harddrive] CM500 500GB SSD
[Harddrive] Seagate Baraccuda 2TB
[Disc Player] - Portable Slim Drive USB 3.0

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Thu, 16. May 19, 17:07

Just been musing and reading quietly.

I just got VR and was contemplating getting Rebirth cos I liked the 2D version... I was really sad to hear most of the cosmetics and even Yisha is gone from the VR version, although she can be annoying at times.

However, the work you guys are doing will get me buying it if you succeed- and thanks to the Dev for helping out too! :)
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

kongha

Post by kongha » Mon, 22. Jul 19, 21:07

A big thank you for bringing back my first space sim to the VR-world. Its amazing mod and Im very happy.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”