[XRVR MODS] X-R Vanilla Recall Collection [Update 2017-09-11]

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dertien
x2

[XRVR MODS] X-R Vanilla Recall Collection [Update 2017-09-11]

Post by dertien » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 21:12

This thread brings mods that can be added to the extensions folder in XRVR version 4.20 - this does NOT imply that previously created mods for X-Rebirth Vanilla will NOT work. However, do not install these in Vanilla, they are not required.

To simplify installation all folders are now packed together in one zip file. Just select all the folders listed below and drop them into your...

steam\steamapps\common\X Rebirth VR\Extensions\

or if you don't have the game on Steam...

the...

X Rebirth VR\Extensions\

folder.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as I've tested, all files are optional. Meaning they will all work on their own or as a collection with XRVR and mod the game as described in detail below.

CREDITS:
- eMYNOCK
- chms's - configuration executable - link here: https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=359719
- UniTrader - coding advisor

Mod Name - Author

ego_vr - (dertien)
read notice please
Recall_Clearskies - (chms - dertien)
Recall_CockpitMk1 - (dertien)
Recall_GamestartHoL - (dertien)
Recall_GamestartsVanilla - (dertien)
Recall_GamestartTO - (dertien)
Recall_LowMassTraffic - (chms - dertien)
Recall_NoStardust - (chms - dertien)
Recall_OpenDoors - (eMYNOCK)

DETAILS:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ego_vr

Reminder:The ego_vr folder contains the ext_01.cat and ext_01.dat files created by Egosoft, never delete or overwrite them better still.... Always make a backup of the existing ego_vr folder for safekeeping. Don't say I did not warn you...

The ext_02.cat and ext_02.dat (in this mod) should also be copied into the ego_vr folder. These two small files bring back X-Rebirth's Vanilla galaxy highway layout AND its multi-station zones.

ext_02.cat is 140 bytes and ext.dat is 11.8 kilobyte. If you ever get the warning to overwrite an existing file, check if the filesize is identical. if it is, then you can probably safely overwrite. If there is a difference make sure you have that backup handy.

As an extra safety measure, I included a ext02-cat-dat.txt file, which should be copied to the ego_vr folder as well, as a reference of filesize regarding ext_02.cat and ext_02.dat.
If Egosoft decides to make their own ext_02.cat and ext_02.dat their filesize will most likely differ from mine.

At the moment I cannot make them reside in their separate folders without breaking gamestarts. I apologize - this is very likely to change in the future.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New users disregard this!!!

All other users: Unistall previous versions of this mod collection before installing any of these - Please!

- Previous installations should be removed from the extensions folder - that includes the ext_02.cat and ext_02.dat from the ego_vr folder if they were there before, or simply overwrite them IF their filesize match with the ones in this mod!!! - also read the reminder above if you have not already done so!

You can always restore your game files via steam should this be required in case of a goof-up:

here's how: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335

Now, remove all folders currently residing in your extensions folder that have the 'Recall' label; you should only have 3 folders in there:

ego_dlc_2
ego_dlc_teladi_outpost
ego_vr

You now have a clean slate to start with:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ego_vr (in the zip file below)

- Mod contains files that restore the X-R multi-station zones from the Vanilla galaxy

ext_02.cat - 140 bytes.
ext_02.dat - 11.8 kb.
ext02-cat-dat.txt

copy them (all three) into the existing foldername in your extensions/ego_vr folder.

In the ego_vr folder you should now have:

Videos [folder] - [by egosoft]
content.xml [by egosoft]
ext_01.cat [by egosoft]
ext_01.dat [by egosoft]
AND...
ext_02.cat [mod]
ext_02.dat [mod]
ext02-cat-dat.txt [mod]

Recall_Clearskies

- Mod will remove nebulas and debris from the game. Performance tweak!

Recall_CockpitMk1

- Mod will make the default Adventurer Mk1 cockpit available again for purchase with mechanics. Use the 'reconfigure cockpit' option and buy it, it's back. Make sure you have the credits to do so, the mechanic will not tell you that you don't have enough cash. The cockpit name in green on the mechanic's reconfigure list is the one currently installed on the Skunk.

Recall_GamestartHoL
Recall_GamestartsVanilla
Recall_GamestartTO

- Mod will bring back all X-R vanilla gamestart choices, including the campaign. Install all three folders to have them all.

Recall_LowMassTraffic

- Mod will remove 75 percent of the mass traffic around stations, especially in HoL. Teladi space left untouched. Clear performance enhancer and stutter inhibitor.

Recall_NoStardust

- Mod will remove Stardust effect - not in Teladi sectors

Recall_OpenDoors

- Mod will make sure that doors on stations and capital ships are operational again. Works with basic XRVR.

Download

Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fieqqr8in ... nsions.zip

Installation directory

steam\steamapps\common\X Rebirth VR\Extensions\
or
X Rebirth VR\Extensions\
Last edited by dertien on Fri, 11. Aug 17, 15:01, edited 46 times in total.

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 02:11

Reserved...
Last edited by dertien on Wed, 9. Aug 17, 05:18, edited 2 times in total.

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 03:34

because i do not want to open a new thread i will simply post this in here... if you are okay with that.

open the Doors

This tiny Mod simply opens all platform doors when the player is docked.

you can visit all interior rooms again but do not suspect anything fancy in there... almost everything is actually cut out.

additionally:

the micro mod adds compatibility with the Capital Ships Bridges Mod.. simply because it opens the doors.

have fun everyone... usage at your own risk!

if it runs good for you feel free to report that to the devs.

i plan to raise the maximum amount of spawned NPCs slowly but no guarantee for good performance.

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 12:55

@eMYNOCK

Yes sure, I don't mind at all. This is an excellent addition were it only for Litauen's Cap bridge mod to work again! Thanks for that. Also testing how the VR framerates react to this would be an interesting test.

I noticed while looking through the xml files' content yesterday that the following file:

ego_vr\libraries\quotas.xml file

has this very useful comment text at the beginning:
<!--
Make sure the upgradetrader (mechanic) is added to each platform with very high chance, but not more than once.
Additionally, with the same approach, make sure there's an engineer on every repair platform.
Replace:
<actor type="engineer" weight="60">
<dock type="repair" weight="360"/> ...
</actor>
<actor type="upgradetrader" weight="60">
<dock type="repair" weight="360"/> ...
</actor>
with:
<actor type="engineer" weight="60" docklimit="1">
<dock type="repair" weight="10000000"/> ...
</actor>
<actor type="upgradetrader" weight="1000000" docklimit="1">
</actor>
-->
It should thus be possible to add NPC shipdealers and drone dealers to shipyard platforms (as an example); and maybe this could help you to place your NPC's if you know the coordinates at which to spawn them at.

- Would you have a clue how to put Yisha back in her seat? I'm really missing Megan from the Gladius mod.

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=390703

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 13:18

i will investigate and continue my actual project next week when i return from vacation.

i am pretty sure that the overall npc locations are not altered... when you enter a station there will be npcs behind the doors at their usual locations.

at the moment only the max amount of npcs per platform seems to be heavy reduced and the npc that you are facing when you dock is high priority for mechanics & engineers.

quiet usefull to be honest.. no need to run through the entire dock if you just want to visit that mech or engi.

sadly most decortions are disabled to increase overall performance...

guards, holodancers, ad sign frames ... just to name some.

kpack187

Post by kpack187 » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 16:16

dertien du bist der beste

habe alles installiert und kann endlich die plot spielen und das universum ist nicht so leer.

Jetzt haut mich die VR version echt vom hocker, mit den multi station in einer zone ist alles viel viel lebendiger und ist visuell echt hammmer.
habe nen 6700k und ne GTX980ti oc und alles auf max und oculus auf 1.5 ss und läuft butter weich. Was ich leuten empfehlen kann ist die monitor auflösung ganz nach unten zu drehen 1280x760 oder so

noch mal mega thx dertien

p.s egosoft nicht vergessen X4 auch VR tauglich machen :P

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 16:23

Es macht mir freude dass es dir gefällt und dass es auch einwandfrei funkzioniert auf deine GTX980ti.

Es gibt noch eine andere mod die du auch mal laden sollst die das ganze universum noch etwas visuell besser macht.

Diese hier:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=362680

Weiter habe ich auch Lostsector mod geladen, weil da so geile schiffe drin sind. Die sectoren sind im moment noch zu schwer für die VR version, aber die shiffe werden auch in die Vanilla sectoren geladen.

Probier beide mal aus.

Viel spass.

Entschuldige meine rechtschreibung; habe Deutsch fliessend sprechen gelernt, schreiben ist (als Belgier) aber ne ganz andere sache.

EDIT: Du kannst jetzt auch die bildschirmwiedergabe auf 'single eye' setzen anstatt die stereoscopische doppelte wiedergabe' vielleicht läuft's dann noch besser.

Kannst du mir sagen wo du die Oculus 'supersampling' nach 1.5 erhöht hasst? Ich finde die einstellung nicht im Oculus software. In Elite Dangerous und DCS World kann man es im spiel verändern; oder in SteamVR.

kpack187

Post by kpack187 » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 17:01

du muss dir da Oculus debug toll herunterladen. ist ein tool auf der oculus seite.

Ganz wichtig:

Schritte:

- oculus debug toll im administator mode starten

-dann ganz oben im tool Pixels per display overide auf 1.5 und Retrun drücken

-dann erst oculus home starten

und jetzt egal welche game du startes xr oder sonst eins wird mit 1.5 ss laufen :) damit schaut alles viel besser aus .

Noch ne frage an dich wie stelle ich die bildschirm wiedergabe auf single eye ?

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 17:10

Danke dir für die info :) Wird mir das mal genauer ansehen.

Die single eye einstellung kansst du finden unter:

Settings->Graphic Settings-> Monitor Behavior (single eye - stereoscopic)

Boeng01
x4

Post by Boeng01 » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 11:21

Thank you very much for this Mod. The Universe Looks amazing in VR with all this stuff going on there.

I realized some minor Performance Drops at certain Points, mostly not really explainable because they occur while not looking at heavy geometry. On top, while looking at the Performance overlay of the oculus, there is plenty of Performance headroom while the framerate is dropping. Maybe Ego will work on VR Performance to get this experience even better.

Anyway, thanks again for releasing this, i don't want to go back to the vanilla XR:VR Universe :D

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 13:37

No worries,but you should thank Ego, they made XRVR modular in order to do this with a couple of files. I feel they've been overly zealous with the performance cuts on the VR original. Also some sectors perform better than others.

Albion is great, while OL is a tad bit less fluid. Anyway, I'm not complaining since I got the majority of what I wanted fixed.

There's still 4 things to do to make this collection complete - all in seperate mods, so people have a choice:

- 1. Bring Yisha (and numerous other copilot options as a result) back to the co-pilot seat.
- 2. Add the ability to mechanics to 'buy' the original cockpit again under cockpit reconfiguration.
- 3. Move some of the Vanilla stations out of the path of some of the new highway loops.
- 4. Increase the viewing distance when docked on capital ships, because it's weird coming into a sector while docked and not seeing the stations.

Don't forget eMYNOCK's little open doors addon is also a big one - especially when using Capital Ship Bridge.

Boeng01
x4

Post by Boeng01 » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 15:42

Just started to use the Open Doors Mod. What a difference it is in searching for trade updates :)

Could you confirm that the capital ship bridge mod works fine with VR? Would also start using this one.

All mentioned changes to the mods would be greatly appreciated, at least by my. Since i never played the original X:R i do not exactly know how the original cockpit looks like but anyway. More variability could do no harm.

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 16:11

The capital ship bridge mod works in that respect that the doors now open, and you can visit the bridge or you can walk down the stairs to the hangar.

The view distance when looking outside on the bridge (as is the case in Vanilla VR without the mod when landed on capital ships) is very reduced.In Vanilla you are able to see the zone's stations and ships come into view as the ship comes closer to them... That is no longer the case in VR - with or without capital ship mod.

So to answer your question... yes it works, but you don't see the same spectacle as in XR vanilla.

Litauen's the person to speak to detail wise, once he puts his mod up for VR.

The Cockpit at the moment is only available with the gamestarts. When visiting the mechanic it is not yet available as a reconfigure option.

The first mod on this page puts you in the original cockpit on all gamestarts, if you choose to reconfigure it to a different one, there's no way back... At least not at the moment.

There are some talented coding gurus that surf these forums which will most likely release their own clean-code versions of the somewhat 'dirty' hacks I've done here when the game's early access period is over and the Steam workshop goes live.

Do not forget that using the Vanilla galaxy (mod2/) may break things economy and gameplay wise. I released these as a test to give players the chance to see how well the VR experience performs on a full fledged galaxy.

The gamestarts can be used separately and should be safe to use and not break things.

Boeng01
x4

Post by Boeng01 » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 17:49

dertien wrote:Do not forget that using the Vanilla galaxy (mod2/) may break things economy and gameplay wise. I released these as a test to give players the chance to see how well the VR experience performs on a full fledged galaxy.
Since i use free play right now and still learning the game it does me no harm to have a lot more stations to visit and a flourishing economy that makes ship and station building a bit more easy to be honest.

Started a thread in the german X:R VR Forum since in vanilla i found absolutely no possibility to get Reinforced Metal Plating to get my first capital ship build. After hours and hours the shipyard still had 0 of those in stock and i found not one station which sold. Not sure if this is the economy that was planned for this game :?

Anyway, performance wise it runs good enough for me. Would be great to have even more NPCs hanging around the stations though :)

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 22:55

snip....
Last edited by dertien on Wed, 9. Aug 17, 05:21, edited 1 time in total.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 01:30

regardng galaxy recall mod: no need to diff it, just do it the same way as ego changed the Files ;) in fact i already did that, feel ree to use too ;) (i am planning to go in a diffrent direction with this, not restoring the Non-VR Universe, but to have both VR and Non-VR Universe simultaneously)

https://github.com/UniTrader/ut_vr_rest ... macros.xml
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 02:13

Hi UniTrader, you son of a gun! :D

Good of you to join the party and thanks for sharing your code.

I tried to diff it, but was unable to make it work in its own different directory in order to keep it clean and be safe just in case Ego added a number 2 cat to the ego_vr.

No matter trying with the double extension method, also tried <add>, <remove> and <replace>; at some point it worked but was so slow in loading up that I just kept it as I did before.

I think though that they nailed it with the new highway loops which are a little less like rollercoasters.

I'm very curious about your merging of both universes.

So just as a heads up: This one didn't work:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<!-- ?xml-stylesheet href="index.xsl" type="text\xsl" ? -->
<diff>

<replace
 <add sel="extensions/ego_vr/index/entry">
 <entry name="xu_ep1_universe_macro" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\galaxy" />
  <entry name="cluster_a_superhighway*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sechighways" />
  <entry name="cluster_b_superhighway*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sechighways" />
  <entry name="cluster_c_superhighway*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sechighways" />
  <entry name="cluster_d_superhighway*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sechighways" />
  <entry name="cluster_e_superhighway*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sechighways" />
  <entry name="cluster_f_superhighway*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sechighways" />
  <entry name="superhighway*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sechighways" />
  <entry name="cluster_a_sector*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sectors" />
  <entry name="cluster_b_sector*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sectors" />
  <entry name="cluster_c_sector*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sectors" />
  <entry name="cluster_d_sector*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sectors" />
  <entry name="cluster_e_sector*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sectors" />
  <entry name="cluster_f_sector*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sectors" />
  <entry name="cluster_*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\clusters" />
  <entry name="tzonecluster*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\zones" />
  <entry name="shcon*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\zones" />
</add>

<remove sel="extensions/ego_vr/index/entry/index/entry">
	<entry name="xu_ep1_vr_universe_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\galaxy"/>
	<entry name="cluster_a_superhighway*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sechighways"/>
	<entry name="cluster_b_superhighway*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sechighways"/>
	<entry name="cluster_c_superhighway*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sechighways"/>
	<entry name="cluster_d_superhighway*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sechighways"/>
	<entry name="cluster_e_superhighway*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sechighways"/>
	<entry name="cluster_f_superhighway*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sechighways"/>
	<entry name="cluster_t_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_t_Sector01_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_t_Sector02_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_t_Sector01_Zone*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_t_Sector02_Zone*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\zones"/>
	<entry name="cluster_t_zonehighway*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\zonehighways"/>
	<entry name="cluster_t_superhighway*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sechighways"/>
	<entry name="cluster_m_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\clusters"/>
	<entry name="cluster_m_sector01_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_m_sector02_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_m_sector03_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_m_sector04_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_n_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\clusters"/>
	<entry name="cluster_n_sector01_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_l_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\clusters"/>
	<entry name="cluster_l_sector01_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_l_sector02_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_l_sector03_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="tzonecluster_m_*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\zones"/>
	<entry name="tzonecluster_n_*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\zones"/>
	<entry name="tzonecluster_l_*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\zones"/>
	<entry name="cluster_m_highway*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\zonehighways"/>
	<entry name="cluster_m_superhighway*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sechighways"/>
	<entry name="cluster_n_highway*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\zonehighways"/>
	<entry name="cluster_n_superhighway*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sechighways"/>
	<entry name="cluster_l_highway*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\zonehighways"/>
	<entry name="cluster_l_superhighway*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sechighways"/>
	<entry name="superhighway*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sechighways"/>
	<entry name="cluster_a_sector*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_b_sector*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_c_sector*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_d_sector*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_e_sector*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_f_sector*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\sectors"/>
	<entry name="cluster_*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\clusters"/>
	<entry name="tzonecluster*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\zones"/>
	<entry name="shcon*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\zones"/>
</remove>

</diff>
...and this one did at some point but was very slow in loading the game, and strangely also stopped working:

<diff>
<replace sel="/index[@name='xu_ep1_vr_universe_macro']"> 
</replace>
<replace sel="/index[@name='cluster_a_superhighway']"> 
<entry name="cluster_a_superhighway*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sechighways" />
</replace>
<replace sel="/index[@name='cluster_b_superhighway']"> 
<entry name="cluster_b_superhighway*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sechighways" />
</replace>
<replace sel="/index[@name='cluster_c_superhighway']"> 
<entry name="cluster_c_superhighway*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sechighways" />
</replace>
<replace sel="/index[@name='cluster_d_superhighway']"> 
<entry name="cluster_d_superhighway*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sechighways" />
</replace>
<replace sel="/index[@name='cluster_e_superhighway']"> 
<entry name="cluster_e_superhighway*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sechighways" />
</replace>
<replace sel="/index[@name='cluster_f_superhighway']"> 
<entry name="cluster_f_superhighway*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sechighways" />
</replace>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_t_macro']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_t_Sector01_macro']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_t_Sector02_macro']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_t_Sector01_Zone*']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_t_Sector02_Zone*']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_t_zonehighway*']"></remove>
	    <remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_t_superhighway*']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_m_macro']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_m_sector01_macro']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_m_sector02_macro']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_m_sector03_macro']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_m_sector04_macro']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_n_macro']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_n_sector01_macro']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_l_macro']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_l_sector01_macro']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_l_sector02_macro']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_l_sector03_macro']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='tzonecluster_m_*']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='tzonecluster_n_*']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='tzonecluster_l_*']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_m_highway*']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_m_superhighway*']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_n_highway*']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_n_superhighway*']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_l_highway*']"></remove>
		<remove sel="/index[@name='cluster_l_superhighway*']"></remove>
<replace sel="/index[@name='cluster_a_sector*']"> 
</replace>
<replace sel="/index[@name='cluster_b_sector*']"> 
</replace>
<replace sel="/index[@name='cluster_c_sector*']"> 
</replace>
<replace sel="/index[@name='cluster_d_sector*']"> 
</replace>
<replace sel="/index[@name='cluster_e_sector*']"> 
</replace>
<replace sel="/index[@name='cluster_f_sector*']"> 
</replace>
<replace sel="/index[@name='cluster_*']"> 
</replace>  
<replace sel="/index[@name='tzonecluster*']"> 
</replace>  
<replace sel="/index[@name='shcon*']"> 
</replace>
</diff>
So I stopped trying and went with the initial method similar as to what you propose, which works just fine.

Ah on another note, it's a shame that your Rahanas Hybrid no longer works as intended, because it's a damn fine mod as well. She no longer comes with a shield when coming out of dock - and when going from sector to sector, the boost engines fire up, but she doesn't seem to pick up speed.

EDIT:

There is something very strange going on with both your code and the diff version of mine.

Leaving the Oculus on the side/away from the sensor and starting up the game, both your code and my diff code version works. Menu loads up on fine on 2D monitor, starting a game, still on 2D, the game loads. If I pick up the Oculus and switch to 3D all is well and the game works...

Now... trying to do the same and starting the game in VR, planet loads up in the background in VR, and then crashes to desktop before the menu is loaded - every single time. Code is identical... just can't figure out what is causing this.

Of course this is modded so no support there from Ego for this.

Only the code I used initially (the MOD2/ version) allows me to launch the game up fine both in 2D and with the VR headset on without CTD. I'm very intrigued as to why this is happening.
Last edited by dertien on Wed, 9. Aug 17, 03:15, edited 2 times in total.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 03:05

the one i posted is supposed to be put into its own mod directory, not the ego_vr Extension ;) and i think i know why yours fails: if a non-diff-file is present in a mod directoy it is merged with the respective Vanilla file (as if everything in the root node were in a<add sel="/*">) and this results in many double entries confusing the Game if messed with via diff assuming a non-merged file. My approach works because the last entry there wins (so basically the VR Universe, or my mod because its loads after the VR Mod thanks to content.xml)
dertien wrote: Ah on another note, it's a shame that your Rahanas Hybrid no longer works as intended, because it's a damn fine mod as well. She no longer comes with a shield when coming out of dock - and when going from sector to sector, the boost engines fire up, but she doesn't seem to pick up speed.
in VR Edition? i will check it when i am back to XR, currently taking a Cities Skylines break. i think they might have removed the Engine and Shield Definitions in favour of other ones (or moved them in the compnent/macro hierarchy)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 03:27

UniTrader wrote:the one i posted is supposed to be put into its own mod directory, not the ego_vr Extension ;)
Ah ok, it loads fine in its separate directory, both on 2D and 3D - will put this one out instead of mine since it's cleaner and resides in its own directory.
UniTrader wrote: and i think i know why yours fails: if a non-diff-file is present in a mod directoy it is merged with the respective Vanilla file (as if everything in the root node were in a<add sel="/*">) and this results in many double entries confusing the Game if messed with via diff assuming a non-merged file. My approach works because the last entry there wins (so basically the VR Universe, or my mod because its loads after the VR Mod thanks to content.xml)
...but both files up there are diff files, which resided in the extensions directory... Now I'm confused... This one below is a non diff and worked as expected next to cat_01 in the ego_vr directory and as you say had the last word in the matter since being cat_02.

The diff versions above worked neither as cat_02's nor in their own directory as cat_01's.

Here is mine that resided in the same directory as ego_vr and which worked fine...before you made it obsolete today :)

<index>
	<!-- <entry name="*" value="assets\entry"/>-->
	<entry name="cluster_sm_bg_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\assets\environments\cluster\macros\cluster_sm_bg_macro"/>
	<entry name="cluster_sm_vr_background_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\assets\environments\cluster\macros\cluster_sm_vr_background_macro"/>
  <entry name="superhighway*" value="maps\XU_ep1_universe\sechighways" />
	<entry name="highway*" value="extensions\ego_vr\maps\xu_ep1_vr_universe\zonehighways"/>
	<entry name="startmenu_vr_tmp_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\assets\cutscenecore\macros\startmenu_vr_tmp_macro"/>
	<entry name="startmenu_vr_tmp3_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\assets\cutscenecore\macros\startmenu_vr_tmp3_macro"/>
	<entry name="startmenu_vr_tmp2_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\assets\cutscenecore\macros\startmenu_vr_tmp2_macro"/>
	<entry name="startmenu_vr_tmp4_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\assets\cutscenecore\macros\startmenu_vr_tmp4_macro"/>
	<entry name="units_player_cockpit_b_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\assets\units\player\macros\units_player_cockpit_b_macro"/>
	<entry name="units_player_cockpit_b_macro" value="extensions\\ego_vr\\assets\\units\\player\\macros\\units_player_cockpit_b_macro">
	</entry>
	<entry name="startmenu_vr_tmp5_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\assets\cutscenecore\macros\startmenu_vr_tmp5_macro"/>
	<entry name="startmenu_vr_tmp5_macro" value="extensions\\ego_vr\\assets\\cutscenecore\\macros\\startmenu_vr_tmp5_macro">
	</entry>
	<entry name="startmenu_vr_tmp501_macro" value="extensions\\ego_vr\\assets\\cutscenecore\\macros\\startmenu_vr_tmp501_macro">
	</entry>
	<entry name="units_player_cockpit_a_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\assets\units\player\macros\units_player_cockpit_a_macro"/>
	<entry name="units_player_cockpit_build_macro" value="extensions\ego_vr\assets\units\player\macros\units_player_cockpit_build_macro"/>
	<entry name="units_player_cockpit_a_macro" value="extensions\\ego_vr\\assets\\units\\player\\macros\\units_player_cockpit_a_macro">
	</entry><entry name="units_player_cockpit_build_macro" value="extensions\\ego_vr\\assets\\units\\player\\macros\\units_player_cockpit_build_macro">
	</entry></index>
The gamestarts with diff also failed to show correctly...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<diff>
	    <!-- Restoration Project Vanilla Galaxy-->
	<replace sel="/gamestart[@id='ep1_vr_02']/location">
		<location galaxy="/xu_ep1_universe_macro" zone="tzonecluster_m_sector04_zone003_macro"></location>
	</replace>

<!-- The Threat Vanilla Galaxy-->
	<replace sel="/gamestart[@id='ep1_vr_03']/location">
		 <location galaxy="xu_ep1_universe_macro" zone="tzonecluster_b_sector04_zone32_macro"></location>
	</replace>

<!--  Discovery Vanilla Galaxy-->
	<replace sel="/gamestart[@id='ep1_vr_01']/location">
		<location galaxy="xu_ep1_universe_macro" zone="tzonecluster_m_sector02_zone003_macro"></location>
	</replace>

<!--  Discovery Vanilla Galaxy-->
	<replace sel="/gamestart[@id='ep1_vr_free']/location">
		<location galaxy="xu_ep1_universe_macro" zone="tzonecluster_b_sector04_zone31_macro"></location>
	</replace>
</diff>
UniTrader wrote:in VR Edition? i will check it when i am back to XR, currently taking a Cities Skylines break. i think they might have removed the Engine and Shield Definitions in favour of other ones (or moved them in the compnent/macro hierarchy)
Ah good to hear that she has not been canned :) IIRC, it was also not working correctly on the X-R Vanilla version a little while ago and just for shits and giggles, I tested her out about 3 days ago on VR version and was showing the identical problem as well.

I will put up two X-R vanilla Galaxy Recall mods based on your code to replace mine, since it's cleaner as a solution in its own directory:

One with vanilla highways and one with new the new VR layout highways. -

Again, thanks for sharing :)

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Fri, 11. Aug 17, 00:54

Added Recall_CockpitMk1 as an option. Full readme on first post.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”