Couple of thoughts on keybindings, mouse menus, HOTAS & X56 profile

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Franc Kaos

Couple of thoughts on keybindings, mouse menus, HOTAS & X56 profile

Post by Franc Kaos » Sun, 30. Jul 17, 15:49

Why two fire missile options in keybinding?
Any chance to disable the huge Flight assist disable warning message in the middle of the screen?
Any chance of enabling mouse input when in menu screens, it's hard to touch type but one can usually find the mouse blind.

HOTAS stuff:
I was able to bind Ability Wheel and Quick menu to a wheel, and discovered the main joystick will then travel to the different options, just no way to select them (that I could find - may be being stupid, it has be known). If the fire button were disabled when menus were up on screen could maybe use that?
When opening zone map I can't just open sector map (via keybinds), I first have to close the first one. Short cut keys seem to be setup for controller / Touch; X Y A & B but I can't find how to bind them to HOTAS

... Start of a profile I knocked up for the X56 in case it's helpful to anybody. I've got a PSD version (for editing your own setups) if anyone's interested (or get the original pic thru Google).

Updated X56 Profile: http://i.imgur.com/NgJ9jD1.jpg

Cheers.
Last edited by Franc Kaos on Wed, 2. Aug 17, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 16:10

@ Franc Kaos,

You can disable the flight assist disabled warning. It's an option under 'Game Settings / Expert Settings use with caution / called "show control mode messages" - put this to off and the warning will not show. Not sure why something like that would be on by default.

In the Settings-> Controls-> General Control Settings under 'Ability menu' you will find a control option called Quick Menu. (keyboard y)

I have assigned a button to it on the throttle.

Then go to Settings-> Controls-> Menu Navigation and scroll all the way down to 'Misc' and assign scroll horizontal and scroll vertical to X and Y axis of your joystick.

Ingame, pressing and holding the button you just assigned you can now navigate the circular wheel with the joystick. When your choice is made keep the joystick where it is and let go of the button.

Took me a while to find that one as well.

Once on the slideout monitor and on the map I can use buttons 1-4 at the bottom, but I cannot seem to find where to rebind them to something more convenient.

Franc Kaos

Post by Franc Kaos » Wed, 2. Aug 17, 00:19

I keep wanting to 'rep' you but this isn't the ED forums, so this is for you - :thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Cinderelli
x4

Re: Couple of thoughts on keybindings, mouse menus, HOTAS & X56 profile

Post by Cinderelli » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 18:02

Franc Kaos wrote:
Sun, 30. Jul 17, 15:49
Why two fire missile options in keybinding?
Any chance to disable the huge Flight assist disable warning message in the middle of the screen?
Any chance of enabling mouse input when in menu screens, it's hard to touch type but one can usually find the mouse blind.

HOTAS stuff:
I was able to bind Ability Wheel and Quick menu to a wheel, and discovered the main joystick will then travel to the different options, just no way to select them (that I could find - may be being stupid, it has be known). If the fire button were disabled when menus were up on screen could maybe use that?
When opening zone map I can't just open sector map (via keybinds), I first have to close the first one. Short cut keys seem to be setup for controller / Touch; X Y A & B but I can't find how to bind them to HOTAS

... Start of a profile I knocked up for the X56 in case it's helpful to anybody. I've got a PSD version (for editing your own setups) if anyone's interested (or get the original pic thru Google).

Updated X56 Profile: http://i.imgur.com/NgJ9jD1.jpg

Cheers.
Thank you for this...I have spent days trying to find a layout for my X56. If I could give you a rep up, I would. :) :) :) :) :) :)

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”