[WIP] Take Control

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

John Colman

Re: [WIP] Take Control

Post by John Colman » Wed, 21. Oct 20, 21:09

Yes i mean the side console. When i open the side console inside a controlled ship and also inside skunk (happens only in the take control gamestart) the console doesnt appear and the game doesnt react in any way except for opening the main menu. But i believe, this issue might be created by another mod, cause i get the same problem when trading with a person inside a station. So i will test this out and let you know when i know more.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 3. Jan 21, 19:22

Great! I enjoy this game right now after years I left it down after purchase...what a surprise. Of course without mods it'd be quite unplayable for me but now it is a little gem, an evolution of Freelance more than X3. Catches me more than X4 that still looks...shallow. The only thing not adressed by mods was indeed controlling other ships (and a better universe map). Thanks!

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Mon, 3. May 21, 02:31

Hi all, just released a version 0.4 which makes things slightly more polished. There's still the annoying issue of certain ship models obstructing cockpit view though. If anybody knows a way to hide, mask, cloak, or turn invisible an object in the game I would greatly appreciate it!

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Mon, 3. May 21, 17:14

Clownmug wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 02:31
Hi all, just released a version 0.4 which makes things slightly more polished. There's still the annoying issue of certain ship models obstructing cockpit view though. If anybody knows a way to hide, mask, cloak, or turn invisible an object in the game I would greatly appreciate it!
Nice, I'll have to try this!
Have you already tried placing the player/view inside the object mesh? I believe that is supposed to make the object invisible.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Mon, 3. May 21, 19:10

tomchk wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 17:14
Clownmug wrote:
Mon, 3. May 21, 02:31
Nice, I'll have to try this!
Have you already tried placing the player/view inside the object mesh? I believe that is supposed to make the object invisible.
Yeah, I wanted to try moving the cockpit position but editing each one seems like a headache. Can't even use the xmf to dae converter because the cockpits have animated parts.

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Tue, 4. May 21, 10:22

Great work! 👍

bioscmos303
x4

Post by bioscmos303 » Wed, 25. Aug 21, 13:54

dude !!! is that a dream ????

wow i think you did one of the must have mods of all time o7
i was planing to --- try.. to do something like this :) i think i can help

units_player_cockpit_1.xml and all others ......

i think i can help with the variety of ships cockpits and relocating cockpits parts + animations + player point of view + -Fov change differently for every ship\cockpit - in game very easy .
plus change FOV in game as a mod\addon (not as go to config and change fov etc)
Last edited by bioscmos303 on Thu, 28. Oct 21, 14:52, edited 2 times in total.

bioscmos303
x4

Post by bioscmos303 » Tue, 31. Aug 21, 23:59

Last edited by bioscmos303 on Wed, 27. Oct 21, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

bioscmos303
x4

Post by bioscmos303 » Wed, 27. Oct 21, 17:13

hi check this out -first cockpit blueprint almost ready - i already tested some injection xmf files with your mod .. going well - now i can start making more cockpits faster with this blueprint ...
[MOD/3D Blender] ZeroGrid Cockpit - and SideMenu Fix
https://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/551
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=442755

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”