Advice needed on removing a stray remote transport drone

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ailour
xr

Advice needed on removing a stray remote transport drone

Post by Ailour » Fri, 24. Apr 20, 02:01

Hello! I recently noticed a stray remote transport drone that is indestructible and i'd love to see it removed. I probably must have jumped before it had the chance to dock inside my ship or something like that, since it's green on my radar. Anyone knows how to search and remove this? Any help - including instructions for editing the save file - would be welcome. Thank you!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Advice needed on removing a stray remote transport drone

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 24. Apr 20, 12:01

I'll move you over to the S&M forum where people are more likely to have the knowledge.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ranix
x4

Post by Ranix » Sun, 26. Apr 20, 04:25

Your drone may still be a subordinate of the ship that owned it before it glitched out. If that's the case, your ship will hang forever on "waiting for drones" or "recalling subordinates" if you give its pilot an order to fly through a jump gate. Once I edited a save to remove my bugged cargo drones from the ship they were subordinate to to work around that. The bugged drones then showed up a little while later. I was unable to delete the drones outright. If I tried, I was unable to save the game after loading the modified save file.

I found this post helpful: https://steamcommunity.com/app/2870/dis ... 204062646/

Ailour
xr

Post by Ailour » Wed, 6. May 20, 03:53

Ranix wrote:
Sun, 26. Apr 20, 04:25
Your drone may still be a subordinate of the ship that owned it before it glitched out. If that's the case, your ship will hang forever on "waiting for drones" or "recalling subordinates" if you give its pilot an order to fly through a jump gate. Once I edited a save to remove my bugged cargo drones from the ship they were subordinate to to work around that. The bugged drones then showed up a little while later. I was unable to delete the drones outright. If I tried, I was unable to save the game after loading the modified save file.

I found this post helpful: https://steamcommunity.com/app/2870/dis ... 204062646/
Already had checked that post prior to making my own. I believe i'm stuck with a transport drone that personnel uses to travel to my ship. Apparently i must have hired someone from a large distance but had to make an emergency jump before it could reach me. Now, the only useful idea that comes to mind is to move it all the way back near the jump beacon in Last Stand and see if it helps me check the traffic on that sector - it's the main source of Lyramekrons and Lyraneas for my trade empire. Other than that, i'd appreciate if someone has any idea what to search in the save file.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”