[MOD] Auto Dock Repair - Fair and Balenced

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AR_Starfighter

Post by AR_Starfighter » Sat, 29. Jun 19, 03:31

When docked with player owned ships (hull >= 95% ), engineer repairs skunk hull.

When I was near locations like 'far away' or other distance sectors - zones, my hull would be damaged badly (<40% ) and I had to return to a station for repairs. Withdrawing and allowing them to rebuild. ARG!

I avoid cheat mods. However, I use black market seminars, borderline cheat mod. I'll post ideas on how to make it more rational, fair, and balanced. FYI without cheating - normal skill, 10 Lyramekron trade ships. 5 Fulmekron warships, 4 Arawn class warships, two space stations, 6 fighters, and various other ships. 350 million credits. Also, I braved it and fully destroyed Xenon Battle Station! Didn't think I could I do it without missile cruisers. Three Fulmekron warships and skunk, less then %10 skunk hull. :)

So, I decided to make a fair and balanced skunk repair hull mod. It should be fully debugged and no design flaws. Report bugs and design flaws here. FYI, it has no errors in the debug log.

Docked with ship player owned? Docked with ship hull >= 95%? Skunk engineer present? Hull damaged?

Message: engineer getting ready ----- wait for engineer to setup repair equipment then finish one repair (30 seconds). Need to work on the logic.
Message: hull X% ----- every 10 seconds skunk hull is repaired 1% to 5% depending engineer skill.

Download available for 90 days.

https://file.town/download/sw9fhbxwlufrl4l3tazfy1gmb

Enjoy!

First mod:

Reward Fix - fixes reward and reputation spam messages
https://file.town/download/lxd8i1nyk9o7g1ttrzxt7ure9

AR_Starfighter

Post by AR_Starfighter » Mon, 1. Jul 19, 21:41

I have an upgrade to this. You can't magically fix the skunk instantly. If you do 'repair' with a station engineer, it will will trigger the normal skunk engineer repair. So, you will use it. You get a bonus from that engineer's skill.

Skunk Engineer skill + Station Engineer = repair percent

It's been fully debugged and has no design flaws. It's working, but the xml patch function isn't working right. I had to patch a huge section of code, only 5 lines are needed. Need help to get this working.

Working, but uses huge section of code

Code: Select all

<replace sel="//cue[@name='OnPlatformPopulation_Engineer']/cues/cue[@name='SectionHandler']/actions">

<replace sel="//cue[@name='OnPlatformPopulation_Engineer']/cues/cue[@name='SectionHandler']/actions/<do_elseif[@name='event.param == 'cEngineer_repair'']">
The nested apostrophe is the problem.

<replace sel="//cue[@name='OnPlatformPopulation_Engineer']/cues/cue[@name='SectionHandler']/actions/<do_elseif[@name='event.param == &apos;cEngineer_repair&apos;']">
This doesn't work either.

AR_Starfighter

Re: [MOD] Auto Dock Repair - Fair and Balenced

Post by AR_Starfighter » Sat, 6. Jul 19, 10:06

Mod complete!! :D

Handles: Docked with player owned and not player owned. Docked with station and ship.

Better engineers cost more money. Repair drones or Repair Equipment either phrase works.

Docked with player owned ship
Auto-repair starts - percent/10 seconds based on engineer skill.

Docked with player owned station
Auto-repair starts - percent/10 seconds based on engineer skill. You can rent more repair drones from an station engineer, increasing repair speed by that engineer's skill.

Docked with non-player owned station
You can rent repair drones from an engineer - percent/10 seconds based on engineer skill.

No more magically repaired repaired hulls. It takes time to repair the skunk. So, you have to go and talk to people while you wait. You can get skunk repairs on player owned ships in the middle of nowhere.

Any bugs or design flaws report them there.

Change interval="10" --> interval="30" for a slower repair experience, more time for chat and exploring.

Enjoy! :)

https://file.town/download/kl1y2htosi7nz8ikahx0hg4g6

AR_Starfighter

Post by AR_Starfighter » Fri, 12. Jul 19, 21:31

There is a mistake in the code.

Correction:
caption="'Engineer Repair'" --> caption="'Engineer Report'"

If the 10sec 'engineer reports' updates, get annoying.

Correction:

<do_else>
  <set_value name="$Text" exact="'Hull Repair Complete'" />
  <set_value name="RPSvar.$DelayTimer" exact="0" />
  <set_value name="RPSvar.$StationEngineer" exact="0" />
</do_else>
<show_notification timeout="5s" details="$Text" sound="notification_generic" caption="'Engineer Repair'" />
-->

<do_else>
  <set_value name="$Text" exact="'Hull Repair Complete'"/>
  <set_value name="RPSvar.$DelayTimer" exact="0"/>
  <set_value name="RPSvar.$StationEngineer" exact="0"/>
  <show_notification timeout="5s" details="$Text" sound="notification_generic" caption="'Engineer Report'"/>
</do_else>

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Wed, 16. Nov 22, 23:47

Could you reupload please?

Thank you.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”