[HELP] Custom ship connection coordinates

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

aftokinito
x4

[HELP] Custom ship connection coordinates

Post by aftokinito » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 10:43

Is there any way to easily get the coordinates to place connections on for custom ships other than trial and error?

It is getting a bit on my nerves to have to restart the game every time I change a number just to see the guns floating in mid air or be inside the ship's geometry.

Can I reload the macro/component somehow from ingame?

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Fri, 24. Aug 18, 18:59

I don't think stations and ships can be reloaded easily.

Some personal advice on ship-building:

Take measurements often when the game is still running. Like, you can estimate the scaling when you know the distance between two known surface elements (e.g. distance between two turrets near-by). You can then skip a lot of blind guessing.

Notice the auto-aim crosshair of the surface elements. When a ship is not moving, the crosshair always sits at the origin of the surface element. Useful to determine locations.

Maybe try using yaw, pitch and roll to give rotations instead of using quaternions. I saw them being used sometime ago (cant remember where) and it worked. Should be much simpler to use than the 4-component quaternion. (Bruh I dont even understand quaternion math :D ) Syntax: <rotation yaw="" pitch="" roll=""/>; parameters given in degree.

Hope it helps.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

aftokinito
x4

Post by aftokinito » Sun, 26. Aug 18, 08:09

This is super lame but I have found a cheapo and ugly way to solve this.
Basically, I set the positions to some unique number that I'm sure is not going to be repeated in the game (something like -123.456789) and then I use CHeat Engine to look for that float and change it. Surprisingly, it updates in real time and even while in pause mode lol.

I guess if it works, it works...

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”