[MOD] Shadyguy's devices

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

eliseeff
x4

[MOD] Shadyguy's devices

Post by eliseeff » Sat, 26. May 18, 11:44

Name: Shadyguy's devices
Version: 1.02
Autor: eliseeff
Requirements:
game version 4.0 or higher
Install: Subscribe to the mod on the Steam Workshop page
Uninstall: Unsubscribe from the mod and delete the mod folder
Savegame compatible: YES

XR VR-edition Steam Workshop page

Changelog:

1.02 - The functionality of the Cryptomodule is extended.

Description:

Mod allows you to buy from the shagyguys two rare expensive devices: a cryptomodule and a 'magic wardrobe'.

The cryptomodule allows you to communicate with shadyguys via an encrypted connection in Open Comm Link and also to see on the bulletin board all missions (including private ones). To obtain the possibility of buying, you need to give a Haze to shadyguy as a gift and successfully complete the smalltalk with him at a hard level.

The 'magic wardrobe' hides illegal goods from police scanners. To obtain the possibility of buying, you need to give a Red Water to shadyguy as a gift and successfully complete the smalltalk with him at a hard level.

Also you can give a Paranid Jewellery to shadyguy as a gift and successfully complete the smalltalk with him at a hard level to permanently get the opportunity to purchase virtual seminars from all shadyguys.

After sucesfully smalltalk you need to select "Have you anything special?" option (absent in vanilla) in the conversation dialog:

[ external image ]

Keep in mind that after buying a cryptomodule or a 'magic wardrobe', they will disappear in a couple of seconds from your inventory. This is normal.

Also keep in mind that these are really expensive devices:

[ external image ] [ external image ]

It is easy to verify the operation of devices visually:

[ external image ] [ external image ]

Keep in mind that because of the Lua functions features, in game versions 4.00 / 4.10 the marks "hidden" not be displayed in the inventory and private missions are not shown in BBS while you are on the platform or in the back room of the Skunk.

Virtual seminars are added to black marketers with a chance of 30 percent (except for navigation and leadership - 45%) in the amount of 3 to 10 units.

[ external image ]
Last edited by eliseeff on Tue, 11. Sep 18, 05:55, edited 1 time in total.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 14. Jul 18, 14:40

I'm missing something... I've bought all but the defense licenses and, since I did, the police haven't found anything wrong with my cargo even though I have a hacker drone and any number of security decryption devices. The licenses aren't cheap (and it's easy to forget one) but they aren't 50 million.

The virtual seminars for sale sounds really handy, though! Any good method for avoiding that small talk mini game is a godsend.

eliseeff
x4

Post by eliseeff » Sat, 14. Jul 18, 15:18

Zloth2 wrote:I'm missing something... I've bought all but the defense licenses and, since I did, the police haven't found anything wrong with my cargo even though I have a hacker drone and any number of security decryption devices. The licenses aren't cheap (and it's easy to forget one) but they aren't 50 million.
The game has some kind of bug related to illegal goods.

Try after starting the game to open inventory for the first time while you are on the station. All illegal goods will cease to be illegal. And so it will be until you leave the game.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”