train hopping

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

nithilak
x4

train hopping

Post by nithilak » Fri, 21. Jul 17, 07:49

I would like the skunk to have the ability to attach to the exterior of capitol ships magnetically. without actually docking with it, so you can stay attached when its boosting or traveling and remain in your ship, rather than having to actually dock with it or stay in its wake.

NodusCursorius
x4

Post by NodusCursorius » Fri, 21. Jul 17, 10:52

Capital ships have a large enough mass that if you are close to them, they essentially pick you up and carry you along with them at the same speed. You can fly around them in this mode too, and will continue to travel alongside them until you venture too far away.

This does not include jumping, only navigation and boosting.

Edit: Disregard this as I misunderstood what you meant by "wake".
This isn't about death. This is about what you learn from death. Never hollow.

nithilak
x4

Post by nithilak » Fri, 28. Jul 17, 19:24

np lol, im just hoping a modder will pick up on the thought and make the skunk able to do that, i actually want to be able to stay in the skunk while a cap is boosting... its tough but you can do it and usually you get bumped out of the wake after a while, but ive manage to cross pretty deep space that way.

another thought was to have a special turret style dock, allowing rhe same thing but also allowing the skunk to act as a mounted turret on capitols

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Mon, 2. Oct 17, 03:26

I believe this happens when a zone change occurs. When it happens it seems the gravi field doesn't recognize the skunk right away and sometimes it happens too late for the skunk to remain on the cap ship.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”