[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

tomchk
x4

Re: [WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

Post by tomchk » Mon, 11. May 20, 15:36

Does there happen to be a comparison anywhere between this mod in current state and CWIR? I am looking to try one of them soon. Thanks!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Mon, 11. May 20, 16:31

tomchk wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 15:36
Does there happen to be a comparison anywhere between this mod in current state and CWIR? I am looking to try one of them soon. Thanks!
If I remember correctly, CWIR is discontinued. The contents of CWIR is then reorganized into NF (this mod).
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

danadi712

SALVAGE

Post by danadi712 » Tue, 16. Jun 20, 13:28

So what i need for SALVAGE
I use a ROMIKRON in my game, i have captain,pilot,architect,defence officer,engineer on it.
Also 150 marines and marine officer
Also 100 construction drones
Also 20 cargolifter drone
When i select a wreck repair service etc the SALVAGE option is grayed and the others two options (Just Restore Ship and Recycle wreck) does nothing.

danadi712

Post by danadi712 » Thu, 25. Jun 20, 13:45

My mistake.Conflict with CARRIERS mod.Salvage works.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 19:46

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 16:31
tomchk wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 15:36
If I remember correctly, CWIR is discontinued. The contents of CWIR is then reorganized into NF (this mod).
That isn’t entirely true. It isn’t discontinued, it’s complete. New Frontier includes CWIR and some experimental stuff, some of which was never completed.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Sun, 23. Aug 20, 02:16

Could you please point out roughly which parts of NF are complete? I haven’t found this info. Thanks!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

R-TEAM
x4

Post by R-TEAM » Tue, 25. Aug 20, 04:22

So CWIR is mostly "complete" - and NF is CWIR + experimental beta stuff (play at your own risk ..) ?
Will it be finished - or is NF then "discontinued" .... (looks like ..)

:)

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 25. Aug 20, 16:45

New Frontier was an new trail for lot of things that not possible with exisitng way of CWIR finally
so NF have Assets and base idea from CWIR includet, but most is complete new codebase with focus on modular and compatibility - CWIR with *some kinky beta stuff* do not match it for real :roll:

in difference to CWIR i add lot of my mod -Stuff by default into NF and put it more together, for CWIR you may use this stuff optional

In the end, some engine limitations (for me these are bugs - but ES not care about) require lot of workarounds, also X4 was out meanwhile, so it is like it is to play - but thats not more "Beta" like other mods - simply some "compatibility bridges" for other extentions (you may find in readme) haven't updated a long time a some get new assets - that may not work well, as far you not use these extensions there is no greater problem - on the other side you may disable Shipparts extention, then it should no problem too

NF should be a developing game with growing factions, original CWIR has a much more action focused scripting

R-TEAM
x4

Post by R-TEAM » Sat, 29. Aug 20, 13:41

Is there an Hope NF will be finished ..... atm i prefer CWIR as it is staded as "complete" ... would not sink 100+hours in an game and then the save is corrupt/un-usable and i loost the save.....
As the info is not very detailed to say "NF is save to play actual" or "NF wants to accumulate errors sooner or later and then with enough errors crash/get unplayable" ....

Regards

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Wed, 9. Sep 20, 17:34

Nothing suspect about NF. I've got hundred+ hours on it. Some things might not be as expansive as they could, but it works as well as you'd expect from Rebirth. Zero save issues.
You can play even the normal campaign, it works with NF no problem. I've done it fully. Exra sector mods work...

In the end it kind of just shows the limitations of the base game. Things work well, there's an economy. It's just boring and too time-consuming to become a multiple factory owner. Getting even a single factory running is a big effort. Then you'd have to adjust the trading for it etc. If it could achieve similar feeling like Victoria 2's economy does then it would be perfect. But the feeling of dominating the factory side of the game just isn't there. It's a nice small ship campaign wargame in a big set, that ended up exploring the concepts and polished a new engine to be usable for X4.
Salvage gameplay and running a fleet campaign idea is good for at least some twenty hours.

NF with its shipparts and proper zone/sector trading is as close to proto-X4 as one can get. With better visuals (esp. Omicron Lyrae ships, capital ship interior mod and gorgeous skyboxes in OL) and campaign pre X4-dlcs.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 10. Oct 20, 17:44

magitsu wrote:
Wed, 9. Sep 20, 17:34
Nothing suspect about NF. I've got hundred+ hours on it. Some things might not be as expansive as they could, but it works as well as you'd expect from Rebirth. Zero save issues.
You can play even the normal campaign, it works with NF no problem. I've done it fully. Exra sector mods work...

In the end it kind of just shows the limitations of the base game. Things work well, there's an economy. It's just boring and too time-consuming to become a multiple factory owner. Getting even a single factory running is a big effort. Then you'd have to adjust the trading for it etc. If it could achieve similar feeling like Victoria 2's economy does then it would be perfect. But the feeling of dominating the factory side of the game just isn't there. It's a nice small ship campaign wargame in a big set, that ended up exploring the concepts and polished a new engine to be usable for X4.
Salvage gameplay and running a fleet campaign idea is good for at least some twenty hours.

NF with its shipparts and proper zone/sector trading is as close to proto-X4 as one can get. With better visuals (esp. Omicron Lyrae ships, capital ship interior mod and gorgeous skyboxes in OL) and campaign pre X4-dlcs.
CWIR alleviates some of this which is what makes it much more action/fast paced. Of course, this means there is some "cheating" so to speak but it is up to you to use those features. For example, there is a feature which makes it so that as long as you add enough credits, your stations will get built even if there is a shortage of resources in the universe. It will "spawn" resources into the CV every once in a while at the cost of credits obviously. This makes building stations much faster and easier to manage. Those who are purists might not like this, but I always used it. Of course, once your economy is well established you probably don't need to do this anymore. There are other cool features in there too, like salvaging ships, boarding/capturing stations, gifting stations to factions, and so much more. Of course many of these features are in NF too.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Sun, 11. Oct 20, 19:58

My only big question these days is whether the ship parts was better than the alternative. I basically played only with it on and couldn't even tell which other mods supposedly didn't work with it.
Somehow it felt like it bypassed certain factories completely. But there is demand and fluctuation.

Is there a better way to set up the stations than having to set each component buy/sell prices to some reasonable average within certain range?
If I could just streamline the process into assigning the staff, money and trade ships then I could consider running factories. For now salvage gameplay with its buggyness/jankiness remains the more entertaining one.

huiiuh
x3ap

Post by huiiuh » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 23:57

Excellent mod, I've been playing it for a few weeks in XR:VR seemingly without issue.

However I don't seem to be able to access the sectors/clusters added by the Lost Sectors and Herschel's Gift mods. Both are enabled with the NF patches in my extensions list, and I know lost sectors is definitely installed as the ships and weapons it adds are there, and the gamestarts lost sectors added do start me in either Source of Darkness or that other place with the pulsar, but in my main save I still can't find where the gates to those sectors are from the vanilla locations.

I'm starting to wonder if it's the VR version having an altered universe that's affected the gate placement but I'm not sure, where are the entrances supposed to be?

bitvoid
x4

Post by bitvoid » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 07:31

@huiiuh It could be that Lost Sectors / Herschel's Gift is not compatible with XR:VR. The altered universe in the VR edition is actually stored in differently named files from the original, so it could be that the alterations that those mods make simply don't apply.

If that is the problem then you could try using the X-R Vanilla Recall Collection mod which restores the unaltered original X:R universe in XR:VR. You'd need to start a new game for that though. Not sure it everything will work, when I did my The New Frontier playthrough on XR:VR I wasn't using Lost Sectors or Herschel's Gift.

huiiuh
x3ap

Post by huiiuh » Wed, 17. Mar 21, 23:09

Thank you! The vanilla recall mod did the trick. I haven't fully tested it to the Lost Sectors gates yet, but I started the vanilla campaign and the gate to Herschel's Gift was there and functional in Dormant Bear.

One small bug I found was loading a save a few mins into the campaign after the Yisha fixes the boost makes the engine decal load in the cockpit completely obscuring the view, but just buying a new engine fixed it permanently, if anyone else gets the same issue.

Other than that it all seems to work well in VR, and it's really nice having an expanded universe to explore.

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 00:55

This looks like a great mod.

This question regards the VR version of X-Rebirth

Below is the modlist I am using and I would like to know which of these are compatible and which of these are not or are already incorporated in NF.

These are the ones I am not sure about since MM made some of these and some alter boarding and missions:

- alexalsp_add_new_gate
- boardingtargetprotector
- BuildinMaelstrom
- Carriers - Arawn SM Launch- and Docking
- CombatRankBailout
- Improved Vanilla Clusters (mod changes vanilla sectors)
- ImprovedMissions
- litauen_boarding_plus
- mm_docks
- mm_techservice

These should be fine as they do not alter the universe mechanics:

- alexalsp_big_rock_tot
- alexalsp_cargo_dron_plus
- argontitan
- argoncentaur
- argonheavycentaur
- artefacts_maps
- completestationunlock
- craftvirtualseminars
- DockShipTraderFix
- doshortcut
- enemy_give_missions
- excuse_Friendly_Fire
- extra_notifications
- fake ids
- fasterships
- fighterrepair
- fblb (flybylockbox)
- format_thousands
- HighwayClearVFX
- hijack
- infiniteboost
- InfoDisable
- litauen_betty_plus
- litauen_capital_ship_bridge
- ls_bridge_pos
- Map Reveal
- mej_highway_jump
- mej_improved_object_menu
- mej_tacmap_vanillacommands
- mej_tacticalmap
- mis_hotengines
- move_murky_skies_distillery
- navpath fix
- NoHighwayMusic
- NoSteeringModeNotification
- no_siren
- npcsgainxp
- Pimp_My_Skunk
- pirat_mod
- profitability_index
- protectstationrewardfix
- Recall_CockpitMk1
- Recall_GamestartHoL
- Recall_GamestartsVanilla
- Recall_GamestartTO
- Recall_LowMassTraffic
- Recall_NoStardust
- Recall_OpenDoors
- Remote_Call_Crew_Cockpit
- RemoveBoardingCutscene
- remove_tips_from_the_log
- repair_docks_for_capship_mod
- revealthingz
- shipyards_comm
- Show Skills
- sidebarextender
- simooms_galactic_dress_code
- SmallSunDV
- station_push_wares
- strudo76_blackmarket_seminars
- terrandeca
- terrankyoto
- terranosaka
- TradeMenuCargoHoldFilter
- trader_menu_fix
- Treasure Chest
- utboardingtargetprotector
- w.e_betterautoaim
- w.e_stationengineers
- w.e_TradeRelations
- xrvr_advanced_station_rename
- xrvr_avoidfoo
- xrvr_do_not_follow_me
- xrvr_longjumps
- xrvr_no_killtarget_in_xenonspace
- xrvr_skunkengineer
- xrvr_warehouseminersfix
- XR_Nebulas
- XR_Planets
- yat2

Could you give me some pointers please?

I removed Hershel's Gift, Lost Sectors, Extinguished hope and the paladin destroyer from the list since there are patches for that.

Thank you.

John Colman

Post by John Colman » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 19:15

Hey, i short tested new frontiers together with my mods (Improved Vanilla Clusters, Treasure Chest, etc....). So far it seems to work, but i just got a lot of lagspikes (might be also related to other mods i use).

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 21:26

dertien wrote:
Thu, 2. Dec 21, 00:55
- alexalsp_add_new_gate
- boardingtargetprotector
- BuildinMaelstrom
- Carriers - Arawn SM Launch- and Docking
- CombatRankBailout
- Improved Vanilla Clusters (mod changes vanilla sectors)
- ImprovedMissions
- litauen_boarding_plus
- mm_docks
- mm_techservice
these mods still includet in NewFrontier, so this won't work together

regarding boarding Mods and others, you can unpack or if not in cat/dat style, directly compare files of these mods

i do not have the VR Version, just add any tag it may run

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Fri, 3. Dec 21, 12:50

@
John Colman wrote:
Thu, 2. Dec 21, 19:15
Hey, i short tested new frontiers together with my mods (Improved Vanilla Clusters, Treasure Chest, etc....). So far it seems to work, but i just got a lot of lagspikes (might be also related to other mods i use).
Yes, they are indeed. Very cool.
Marvin Martian wrote:
Thu, 2. Dec 21, 21:26

these mods still includet in NewFrontier, so this won't work together

regarding boarding Mods and others, you can unpack or if not in cat/dat style, directly compare files of these mods

i do not have the VR Version, just add any tag it may run
Hey Marvin,

Thank you for the heads up. I will try these mods both with CWIR and with New Frontier. Both NF and CWIR work with X-rebirth, it's just modwise, you have to be a bit careful.

danke sehr.

chumley67

Post by chumley67 » Sun, 12. Dec 21, 05:07

I've been playing for a couple of days, really like what I'm seeing so far!

Had a weird experience though; I captured an Ayosana for salvaging purposes, and successfully restored a Balor wreck. While the Balor was docked to the Ayosana, the Ayosana had an option in its orders titled "start ship". I selected this, thinking it would start up the Balor or something similar. Instead, it spawned dozens upon dozens of hostile pirate fighter craft, which began to rampage throughout the zone. On the upside, I got a few more wrecks to salvage out of it :P

What is the "start ship" option supposed to do?

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”