[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

jelf
x4

Re: [WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

Post by jelf » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 21:22

Also, just wondering what kind of ship is good at OOS in this mod?

I've tried using the Arawn Mk2, which kills everything IS, and can take on multiple Is and Ks simultaneously/consecutively without suffering any hull damage.
But once it's OOS, those ships that were very weak IS, especially Drone Carriers, shreds everything and the Arawn Mk2. When IS, the Dronecarrier K can't deal any damage at all, but once it's OOS, it can finish a full shield/hull Arawn Mk2 in 3 seconds. It's now getting annoying that I always have to jump IS to watch the fight, otherwise a random Dronecarrier K can just finish my whole fleet of cap ships within seconds (sometime I don't even have enough time to jump IS even if I jump immediately after receiving the message from the captain).
Is there a way to counter this so I won't have to jump IS to watch every fight? Or a way to tweak it such that the ships' strength OOS actually matches their strength IS (especially the annoying dronecarrier).

BTW, what do the player cheats "better candidate" and "max skills" do? I've turned them on and it seems the recruit-able NPCs on stations still have similar skills as before, and most NPCs still definitely do not have max skills.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 22:30

use your own dronecarriers (with drones equipt) against dronecarriers or put more drones into your Arawn MKII
OOS the script use drones into DPS calculation, ships with lots of them have high DPS at each attack, IS you can't launch all drones otherwise most computers will quit her job very fast

i think the cheats only effect new recrutes if you change zone and/or make personal at new bought ships better (don't remember right now)

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Tue, 30. Apr 19, 09:52

Marvin Martian wrote:
Mon, 29. Apr 19, 22:30
use your own dronecarriers (with drones equipt) against dronecarriers or put more drones into your Arawn MKII
OOS the script use drones into DPS calculation, ships with lots of them have high DPS at each attack, IS you can't launch all drones otherwise most computers will quit her job very fast

i think the cheats only effect new recrutes if you change zone and/or make personal at new bought ships better (don't remember right now)
Thanks a lot for the reply. Is there a way to edit the files such that only when OOS only, e.g., 20% of the drones, or first 20 of the drones are used for DPS calculation, such that OOS battles with drones would be similar to IS ones and OOS battles would last longer?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 30. Apr 19, 10:35

isn't possible IMO that way - there is only use drones or not

"maybe" it may possible to set all (beside the number you really want to use for OOS) fight-drones as "in use" and release them afterwards into available state - but i don't know if the script will take care of that small difference

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Tue, 30. Apr 19, 10:55

Marvin Martian wrote:
Tue, 30. Apr 19, 10:35
isn't possible IMO that way - there is only use drones or not

"maybe" it may possible to set all (beside the number you really want to use for OOS) fight-drones as "in use" and release them afterwards into available state - but i don't know if the script will take care of that small difference
Thanks a lot for the answer.

Is it possible to remove drones from the DPS calculation for OOS then (which files should I look for)?
Also, I've tried using MOCT with TNF (are they compatible?).

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Tue, 30. Apr 19, 22:00

Thanks a lot Marvin, you are awesome!

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Wed, 1. May 19, 08:12

Hi Marvin,

Not sure if it is only me but I think I have encountered some problem with mining ships assigned to warehouses. Somehow the mining ships assigned to warehouses will never actually mine, but will be stuck in "Free mining - calculating parameters" forever, whereas mining ships assigned to other stations would work.

This is the section of debug log that I think might be relevant:

Code: Select all

[General] 143851.07 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 143851.07 Error in AI script mining.ship.station on entity 0x4cd9: Property lookup failed: $tempware
* Expression: not $shoppinglist.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $warebasket.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.target gt $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.count and $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.target - $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.count gt $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.target * 0.1f
[=ERROR=] 143851.07 Error in AI script mining.ship.station on entity 0x4cd9: Property lookup failed: $homebase.cargo.{null}
* $homebase == component.{0x4e61L} (name='Warehouse I', class=station)
* Expression: not $shoppinglist.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $warebasket.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.target gt $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.count and $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.target - $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.count gt $homebase.cargo.{$tempware}.target * 0.1f
[=ERROR=] 143851.07 Error in AI script mining.ship.station on entity 0x4cd9: Property lookup failed: $tempware
[=ERROR=] 143851.07 Error in AI script mining.ship.station on entity 0x4cd9: Property lookup failed: $homebase.cargo.{null}
[=ERROR=] 143851.07 [].random: Empty list
[=ERROR=] 143851.07 Error in AI script mining.ship.station on entity 0x4cd9: Property lookup failed: $shoppinglist.random
* Expression: $shoppinglist.random
[=ERROR=] 143851.07 Error in AI script mining.ship.station on entity 0x4cd9: Property lookup failed: this.ship.cargo.{null}
* this.ship == component.{0x4cd3L} (name='ZMineL GSequana B 02X', class=ship_l)
* Expression: [this.ship.cargo.{$ware}.free, $homebase.cargo.{$ware}.target - $homebase.cargo.{$ware}.count].min
* Expression: [this.ship.cargo.{$ware}.free, $homebase.cargo.{$ware}.target - $homebase.cargo.{$ware}.count].min
I'm using Improved Logs and warehouseminersfix, which seem to also change mining.ship.station, but for testing purposes I have had them removed. The problem persists using only TNF.

However, if I delete mining.ship.station.xml in nf_base, the mining ships assigned to warehouses would work again. So I suppose the issue might be due to TNF.
Is there a way to fix this? Thanks a lot!

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 1. May 19, 08:49

you can try to to replace $tempware with $tradewares.{$i}

the line should look like

<replace sel="//do_if[@value='not $shoppinglist.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $warebasket.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}}']/@value">not $shoppinglist.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $warebasket.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.target gt $homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.count and ($homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.target - $homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.count) gt ($homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.target * 0.1f)</replace>

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Wed, 1. May 19, 12:54

Marvin Martian wrote:
Wed, 1. May 19, 08:49
you can try to to replace $tempware with $tradewares.{$i}

the line should look like

<replace sel="//do_if[@value='not $shoppinglist.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $warebasket.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}}']/@value">not $shoppinglist.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $warebasket.indexof.{$tradewares.{$i}} and $homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.target gt $homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.count and ($homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.target - $homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.count) gt ($homebase.cargo.{$tradewares.{$i}}.target * 0.1f)</replace>
Thanks a lot! This fixes it.

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Fri, 3. May 19, 19:44

There also seems to be a few bugs there are quite serious:
1) Sometimes when I send ships (especially ships salvaged from wrecks) to repair at my shipyard, they would be stuck in the middle of air with the command "docking to the shipyard - flying" but never actually fly there, even when their engine is operable and they are in the same zone as the shipyard. There is no way to unstuck them, I can't issue commands to them when they are docking to the shipyard and I can't tell the shipyard to stop the repairs when the ships are coming for repairs. And the ships will occupy those shipyard slots forever.

2) Ships often disappear from the property list, but can still be found on the map list. E.g., when a ship assigned to voyage went into a hostile zone, it would disappear from the property list but still selectable from the map (if you know exactly which zone to look for them). E.g., repair ships assigned to restore a wreck will go into patrol after finishing the restoration, but will disappear from the property list.

3) Repair ship's functions: "Hail-5-1-1: Repair service at..." and "Hail-5-1-2: Repair service ships and stations at..." never actually worked. Sometimes they may go about repairing NPC ships (at least looking from the command), but they never repair Ren's own ships, even when selecting Hail-5-1-2 which is supposed to prioritise Ren's ships.

4) Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when choosing "salvage" (i.e., tug) for a repair ship, the repair ship will only fly towards the target if the target's engines are completely destroyed, which the repair ship will say it is "Supporting Ship-XYZ". If the engines of the target ship are slightly operable, the target will fly towards the repair ship instead (and the repair ship will just wait there not moving), sometimes this could take hours as the engines of the target ship may only have speed like 10m/s or something like that.
Also, when docked on a repair ship, the target ship never seems to be fully repaired anyways, often the engine and drone bay will still be damaged.

I know these are lots of questions but I would greatly appreciate if you could help. Especially 1) since it is very much game-breaking. The only way I can solve 1) so far is to destroy that ship to free up the shipyard slot, sometimes this could take a lot time and waste a lot of resources (e.g., having to remove all the shields and hull of a Bomekron by the Skunk alone took me ages, and the engineer's "destroy" function does not work either).

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Sun, 5. May 19, 00:42

Hi Marvin,

Sometimes the orders I complete in my shipyard don't actually give me money for the ships. I suppose what should happen is something like this:
Spoiler
Show
Which I would get money for both the ship and the drones/fuel cells.

But sometimes this happens:
Spoiler
Show
The ship becomes "null" and I only get money for the drones/fuel cells but not the ship.

And sometimes I would receive money for the ship (a variable sum, sometimes more and sometimes less for the same type of ship), but the ship would just spawn a bunch of drones/fuel cells/missiles by itself.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sun, 5. May 19, 11:10

2. Ship cloak as neutral, this effects your ship is not in property list, the opposite can happend a pirate is cover as player - belongings list is buggy in this direction

4. if the ship is yours stop ship from moving, is not yours, ignore - the command give no benefit, it was more intendet to repair smallships
and regarding the ship will only supported by the Ship-Engineer the limit is his skill, anyway if the host ship is damagend the guest won't repaired

---
you not get any Cr, the money is given to the SY-account - then the manager may transfer sometimes the profit he does not need

"null" seems to be the SY -Manager lost his information to this order - or do it wrong

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Sun, 5. May 19, 14:42

Marvin Martian wrote:
Sun, 5. May 19, 11:10
you not get any Cr, the money is given to the SY-account - then the manager may transfer sometimes the profit he does not need

"null" seems to be the SY -Manager lost his information to this order - or do it wrong
Hi Marvin,
Thanks for the reply. I think it the case of "null" the shipyard manager did not receive any money from the ship built either. Is there a way to fix this?
Also, sometimes the money I receive from the NPC orders is really low, e.g., around 51,000k Cr for an Arawn, which if I sell the ship parts, ship parts (weapons) and force field projectors directly, I could get a similar amount of credits.

Edit: I just completed an NPC order for an Arawn and received 48,000k Cr... This is much lower than what I have to pay to an NPC shipyard to build one (~96,000k), much lower than what I can get by building an Arawn and selling it to my own shipyard (~60,000k), and even lower than selling the components (ship parts, weapon parts, force field projects) separately (~52,000k).
And there are also half of the times where I didn't get paid at all for building the ship......
Spoiler
Show

CaptainSim

Post by CaptainSim » Sun, 12. Apr 20, 12:02

I started using this mod today. I noticed in the logbook I received stats on all the corporate faction CEOs at the start of the game and also two hours later. However, it has been now over another two hours and no third update of the faction stats in the logbook. Is this normal? Is the update supposed to be every 2 hours or random?

Thanks.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Mon, 11. May 20, 15:36

Does there happen to be a comparison anywhere between this mod in current state and CWIR? I am looking to try one of them soon. Thanks!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Mon, 11. May 20, 16:31

tomchk wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 15:36
Does there happen to be a comparison anywhere between this mod in current state and CWIR? I am looking to try one of them soon. Thanks!
If I remember correctly, CWIR is discontinued. The contents of CWIR is then reorganized into NF (this mod).
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

danadi712

SALVAGE

Post by danadi712 » Tue, 16. Jun 20, 13:28

So what i need for SALVAGE
I use a ROMIKRON in my game, i have captain,pilot,architect,defence officer,engineer on it.
Also 150 marines and marine officer
Also 100 construction drones
Also 20 cargolifter drone
When i select a wreck repair service etc the SALVAGE option is grayed and the others two options (Just Restore Ship and Recycle wreck) does nothing.

danadi712

Post by danadi712 » Thu, 25. Jun 20, 13:45

My mistake.Conflict with CARRIERS mod.Salvage works.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 21. Aug 20, 19:46

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 16:31
tomchk wrote:
Mon, 11. May 20, 15:36
If I remember correctly, CWIR is discontinued. The contents of CWIR is then reorganized into NF (this mod).
That isn’t entirely true. It isn’t discontinued, it’s complete. New Frontier includes CWIR and some experimental stuff, some of which was never completed.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”