[WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Marvin Martian
x4

Re: [WIP] X Rebirth: The New Frontier

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 20:05

1. isn‘t buildt by default, the Faction start building it after a while

2. is the assambling run, here shippart components get converted into shipparts - it’s simply faster, but components have also to be built first

3. should possible at each station, maybe you had bad skilled architect - as far i remember it will compared controlentities against your crew ( if you want to steel it) so number of marines, engineer- and architect- skills will make a difference

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 20:17

Ah, thanks for the reply Marvin. :) Sounds great.
The architect was a almost all V star, but i'll check it out again and make sure it's not a mod conflict or whatever.

I took a sneak peak into the files, found a little bug in trade.shipyard.xml in line 305. The 'player.default' script was assigned to the engineer, who's being crated later on, instead of the pilot.

Edit: Hm, i've got another question. I started a game in DeVries and seemed to make the mistake to build a station with defences.
The build requires actuall turrets to complete the buildstep, but it doesn't seem like there's a station in DeVries that can produce them.
Was it intended for the player to have to import them from a different system?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 10. Nov 18, 01:05

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Thu, 8. Nov 18, 20:17
Ah, thanks for the reply Marvin. :) Sounds great.
The architect was a almost all V star, but i'll check it out again and make sure it's not a mod conflict or whatever.

I took a sneak peak into the files, found a little bug in trade.shipyard.xml in line 305. The 'player.default' script was assigned to the engineer, who's being crated later on, instead of the pilot.

Edit: Hm, i've got another question. I started a game in DeVries and seemed to make the mistake to build a station with defences.
The build requires actuall turrets to complete the buildstep, but it doesn't seem like there's a station in DeVries that can produce them.
Was it intended for the player to have to import them from a different system?
Devries doesn't have any stations that produce weapons at least at the start. It might be possible for one to get built in bleak pebble but it is random (I don't remember if I set it up so a weapons factory can be built, some do get built by corporations)

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Sat, 10. Nov 18, 01:37

I was mining Nividium in Sea-green Oasis for spacefly eggs when I got two messages...

"Your research make units_size_l_troop_transporter1_macro available at ship-blueprints" and
"Your research make units_size_l_troop_transporter5_macro available at ship-blueprints"

How'd this happen? I do a thread search on "research" and I get no results. Don't see anything that applies when I search "ship-blueprints" either. Don't recall doing any research.

Regards,
Thufar

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sat, 10. Nov 18, 11:49

Situation of DeVries depends on start you use, at plot they have less economy, all others gave more

The research is automatically if you match conditions, for these two ships you need an 4star or better Marineofficer
The shipblueprints you may use by special constructions at each shiptrader, you only need the right docksize

Same will available for stations of xenon (with HoL ) the asteroid base like as tradestation or an huge complex if you get both asteroidbases portal and hive

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Sat, 10. Nov 18, 14:05

Is there a list somewhere of what the ships are? Or am I going to have to build one to see?
Regards,
Thufar

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Sat, 10. Nov 18, 16:13

these are old versions of Boarding-Ships used in CWIR, i had no better place to add them beside this way, you can use this, or also any other ship
only special ability of training can used at the Cruise ships from HOL as Marine-Base

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 12. Nov 18, 08:21

When trying out NF with Lost Sectors and starting a new campaign, I ran into an odd bug. After the very early campaign step where weapons are installed on the Skunk in Dormant Bear, the left skunk engine gets moved into the cockpit position. This results in visual ugliness when using the external camera, graphical problems during the sit/stand animations, and the engine volume being much louder due to proximity. Retrying with just Lost Sectors or just NF did not run into this bug, but I was able to repeat it with the mods combined.

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Mon, 12. Nov 18, 18:55

Hey Marvin,

I'd like to report what I think is a bug. I've tried this in several games now, and I get the same result. In my latest start, I've captured an Ayosana. When I try to transfer construction drones from another ship to it, it seems to take an unusually long time to make the transfer complete. Like hours. Sometimes the transfer doesn't complete, and after waiting all that time, I end up at the same place I started.

Just letting you know,
Thufar

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 12. Nov 18, 20:34

SirNukes wrote:
Mon, 12. Nov 18, 08:21
Retrying with just Lost Sectors or just NF did not run into this bug, but I was able to repeat it with the mods combined.
After more testing, it appears the problem is purely in NF. Its appearance was inconsistent in my initial tests which led me to the wrong suspicion of Lost Sectors, likely due to which tests I saved/reloaded on.

The bug occurs on a simple save/reload at the start of a new game, in both campaign and free play starts, with all extensions disabled except: HoL+TO, mm_uspprod, nf_base, nf_hol, nf_ol. I am using the latest files available on github. For the campaign, the bug only shows up after Yisha does the initial engine upgrade.

Thufar
x4

Re:

Post by Thufar » Tue, 13. Nov 18, 16:42

Vectorial1024 wrote:
Thu, 20. Sep 18, 19:34
@Xakthos I think the Xenon-cloaking feature is intended. I found that those cloaking can be cleared by getting the Skunk to scan the ships. Those ships will then turn from e.g. Republic of Cantera [ROC] (-30) to Xenon [XEN] (-30); then you can shoot them up safely.
Vectorial1024,

How do you get the Skunk to scan the cloaked ships? No matter what I do, it doesn't seem to clear the cloak.

Regards,
Thufar

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Tue, 13. Nov 18, 23:21

activate the ship scan mode, get close to it then scan.

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Wed, 14. Nov 18, 16:34

jocan2003 wrote:
Tue, 13. Nov 18, 23:21
activate the ship scan mode, get close to it then scan.
I've played this game since its release and I've never noticed that before.

Thanks,
Thufar

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Mon, 19. Nov 18, 02:37

I tried doing a search, but I can't find police chief anywhere. Please tell me they don't roam around the universe, and that I'm just dumb and keep missing them :gruebel:
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 19. Nov 18, 15:11

some factions not generate a Police chief, i will see to provide an fix for in upcomming days - best you search the regular HoF,PMC,AR PoliceChiefs

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Mon, 19. Nov 18, 15:43

Marvin Martian wrote:
Mon, 19. Nov 18, 15:11
some factions not generate a Police chief, i will see to provide an fix for in upcomming days - best you search the regular HoF,PMC,AR PoliceChiefs
Thanks, I was able to find one in the Heart of Albion sectors :)
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

espoir
x4

Post by espoir » Tue, 20. Nov 18, 22:28

Hello Marvin!
I have one question about your NF.

It is possible to merge shiptrader_pl script with shiprecycle mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =357067204)?
How can i make it?

At this moment i comment 3th left line (ship sell) and line from Shiprecycle mod appeared in game, but testing ship stuck at station (after dock), it's hull do not degrade and resources dialog of shiptrader is empty (((
Maybe problem in Xenon shipyard?

UPD #1:
No, problem is not in Xenon Shipyard, i’m try OM Shipyard and ship stuck too.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 06:07

I'm hoping to update my PC next year if I get this job and looking forward to playing this on better specs.

adzipp

Post by adzipp » Mon, 31. Dec 18, 08:24

SirNukes wrote:
Mon, 12. Nov 18, 20:34
SirNukes wrote:
Mon, 12. Nov 18, 08:21
Retrying with just Lost Sectors or just NF did not run into this bug, but I was able to repeat it with the mods combined.
After more testing, it appears the problem is purely in NF. Its appearance was inconsistent in my initial tests which led me to the wrong suspicion of Lost Sectors, likely due to which tests I saved/reloaded on.

The bug occurs on a simple save/reload at the start of a new game, in both campaign and free play starts, with all extensions disabled except: HoL+TO, mm_uspprod, nf_base, nf_hol, nf_ol. I am using the latest files available on github. For the campaign, the bug only shows up after Yisha does the initial engine upgrade.
Hi did you manage to solve that bug? i have the same issue with the engine in the cockpit...

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 00:01

Bomekron is quite the boss. I took the Heretic Vanguard start and by the time I capped one and used it the first time I felt like I turned into a a government faction.
Should've taken over a salvage ship first though, since B produces filthy amount of wrecks wherever you park it for patrols to find.

edit: It was nice to see early action as a new player coming to this mod. For example Argon built a Metalworks I behind the OL gate (opposite side has the Sky Meadow) in the Alpha Quadrant only 6 hours in.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”