[Mod] UT CaC Advanced Renaming

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Tue, 11. Oct 16, 23:05

You still rock dude!
I took a look at lua... Understandable but quite far from my knowledge... I try to learn and do...

Keep up
Thanks
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 12. Oct 16, 04:11

ok, just updated the Dropbox Version once more (steam will follow this weekend if no issues arise)

changes:
=> Added Normal Color Tag at the end of all Names (happens transparently and is not displayed in the Rename menu)
=> Changed Renaming Responsibility on Stations from DO to Manager (transition shouldnt be noticeable - if something doesnt work as expected let me know)
=> New automatically generated Shortname Added (its the Object Name minus all expressions which can change) - it is used for exressions like %superiorobject
=> (forgotten in last changelog): new Expressions %SCP, %SMP, %SDP etc. - displays all primary Skills of Captain/Manager/Defense in order of importance ( like "534" )
=> (forgotten in last changelog): new expressions /rco0 to /rco9 - results in random colors (one for each of the 10 expressions)

EDIT 2016-10-15: Updated Steam Version (and added a small fix for the shortname feature in both Dropbox and Steam Version)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Sun, 16. Oct 16, 11:57

Changelog traduced for FR on Steam.
Good work Uni
Miniding

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 16. Oct 16, 14:51

and again a smaller update:

=> Fixed: Updating Object Names Globally using the Version Number in the Custom Expressions file didnt work
(note: patch forces an update of all Player Object Names)

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Sun, 16. Oct 16, 20:12

Saw that... Translation done too!
Miniding

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 31. Oct 16, 13:06

Just uploaded a new Version to Dropbox. Steam will follow this weekend if no problems arise as usual.

Changes:
=> Added new Function to use a Name Template for new Ships in the custom file
=> Changed many Expressions to shorter Variants (you may have to check/update your custom file)
-> made obvious distinction between updating expressions and non-updating ones (former is prefixed with $, the latter with / )

here the new Entries in the Custom file in case you dont want to replace it entirely:

Code: Select all

<t id="3" comment="Name Template for Stations (will be applied when built, leave empty to not use this)"></t>
  <t id="4" comment="Name Template for Big Ships (will be applied when built, leave empty to not use this)"></t>
  <t id="5" comment="Name Template for Small Ships (will be applied when bought, leave empty to not use this)"></t>
All of them go to Page 5554302 (top of the File)

note that i didnt do much testing with this yet. i just confirmed that there were no new Errors in the Log... if Problems arise let me know ;)

@Miniding
no new stuff to translate, i just optimized/changed a few Entries ^^

EDIT: First Post Updated - Expressions listed there should now be up to date for the Dropbox Version.

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Mon, 31. Oct 16, 21:07

Thank you for not giving me more translation work Uni!
I didn't have a test last week... I'm not home this week...
Will give it a try ASAP...
Will update changelogs as soon as needed.
Good work though...

Excellent thing that youupdatale expressions... if I understand well...

Ask me anything you need if I can help.
Miniding

Delay
x4

Post by Delay » Wed, 21. Dec 16, 00:31

Hi Unitrader,

I love your mod. But I have problems with $sub.name. I can't get it word, and I don't know why.
I tried it with a Station, and a ship. Excuse my english ;)

Also, it is a bit confusing with 3 different explanation on how to do it. (See german post/englisch post/steam post)

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 21. Dec 16, 05:56

thanks fot the hint, just noticed i made a mistake in the t-file. Expression is currently defined as /sup.name (like for superior name), it should usually be $sup.name because it can change and is removed in the short name though. will correct this asap.
sub.name does not make any sense in any form since there can be multiple subordinates.

regarding the explainations: i thought i have checked they are all the same, but formatting is done diffrent in steam and this forum so i have to check/change it depending on where the description is, just C&Ping it doesnt work, so sorry for inconsistencies. (some are also intentional, since for the steam version you dont need DL Libk or info where to put downloaded files)
the German description is also not always a word-by-word translation but sometimes written anew to explain the same thing because i felt the translation sounded stupid.

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Sat, 24. Dec 16, 17:53

Luckilly, there are no troubles in the french translation lol

Best wishes for xmas and new year!
Miniding

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 24. Dec 16, 18:32

its the same there, and i just fixed it in the Steam Version ;)

if anyone relied on this for many Assets just use your custom File to convert /sup.name to $sup.name ;)

And Merry Christmas to everyone ;)

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Sat, 24. Dec 16, 23:59

Merry christmas to you too and everyone
Miniding

Delay
x4

Post by Delay » Mon, 26. Dec 16, 14:54

Now it don't work at all :( I get a ReadText on the button and I can't rename anything.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 26. Dec 16, 15:20

ok maybe the "msvcp140.dll missing" error wasnt as harmless as i thought.. got it only in relation to the already packed and unchanged UI files, but it seems the other files were also not packed and uploaded... now packed it manually and reuploaded (with new version) - confirmation if it now works would be nice.

Delay
x4

Post by Delay » Mon, 26. Dec 16, 17:04

It works well. Thx and a merry christmas to you

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 7. Jan 17, 22:59

Once again a small Update:

=> Added short Reference for Expressions to Rename Menu (all Available Expressions are listed there)
=> Improved Usability of externally definded Expressions
-> Fixed some Issues with internal Handling
-> Added Reference for Externally Defined Expressions to Rename Menu

No New Expressions from this Extension.

New Setting for the Custom File: Page 5554302

Code: Select all

<t id="6" comment="Help Text in Renaing Menu (All: All Info; Script: Script-defined Expressions only; Static:Static Info only; everything else is no Expression Info">All</t>
(just in case this Infodump in the Renaming Menu irritates someone)
custom file download has been updated accordingly, but no need to Re-DL, just add this line to yours ;)
Last edited by UniTrader on Fri, 10. Feb 17, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 10. Feb 17, 16:44

just found something interesting: how to freely define a Text Color :)

it is already possible to use it without update by entering

/COLOR#AARRGGBB#

where AA is alpha (just use FF here)
RR is red
GG is green
BB is blue
all of them in Hex.
so if you want a BADA55 Ship just prefix its name with
/COLOR#FFBADA55#
;)

i will add better support in the next Version (its already done in my dev Version) and the new synfax will be
/hexBADA55#
but i want to update another Project first ;)

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 18. Mar 17, 18:25

Minor Update to keep this in Sync with Steam:

=> Fixed Issue with Renaming the Playership/Skunk
=> Added /hexRRGGBB# Color now properly, see previous post
=> New Expression: $money - includes the current Cash of the Pilot or Manager in Credits

(aforementoined trick with the color still works the same since its used internally - so no need to change it to the new Format if not desired)

EDIT: added missed change

ravayen
x4

Post by ravayen » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 11:50

Not sure what i'm doing wrong here but i'm using the "UT CaC Extension Advanced Renaming- User Custom Expressions" (addon?) and no matter what i put in those files i can't get my ships to auto name when being built/assigned and even the short cut naming method wont work here is what I've put.......

<t id="3" comment="Name Template for Stations (will be applied when built, leave empty to not use this)">/type /zone</t>

<t id="4" comment="Name Template for Big Ships (will be applied when built, leave empty to not use this)">/type of $sup.name</t>

<t id="5" comment="Name Template for Small Ships (will be applied when bought, leave empty to not use this)">/type of $sup.name</t>

and in the naming short cut bit

<t id="0">zzz</t>
<t id="1">/type /purpose of $sup.name</t>

none of these seem to be working at all, newly built ships aren't named, assigning them wont do it and naming them zzz results in zzz not the expressions but if i name them using those exact expressions in game manually the expressions work fine, what am i missing?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 25. Jul 17, 12:04

you also have the main renaming Extension installed and active right? (the Renaming Menu should have 3 additional Buttons for Mass Renaming)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”