[Mod] "Simoom's Lantern" - Ultimate Cheat Menu

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Sun, 15. May 16, 16:43

Paste Bin Link of the Log
Hi Simoom,
i am still seeing the trade ship mission. the mission still there even though i assigned a Titurel to it :(
and i restarted a new mission after adding the file you just posted :)[/url]

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 15. May 16, 17:05

wazlord wrote:Paste Bin Link of the Log
Hi Simoom,
i am still seeing the trade ship mission. the mission still there even though i assigned a Titurel to it :(
and i restarted a new mission after adding the file you just posted :)[/url]
DOH! I see what I did wrong there. :P For the compatibility patch to work, my mod has to be loaded after CWIR, so I set it as a dependency - but I did not take into account that CWIR already altered the path of the node I am trying to access with my patch, so that had to be corrected.

I updated the compatibility patch and tested it out in a new game (with CWIR installed) - it seems to be functioning correctly now. Grab the updated patch from Nexus when you get a chance, and let me know if the issue is resolved. :)

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Sun, 15. May 16, 17:18

Yup that did solve the issue. Thanks a bunch.

btw not sure if these error message mean anything when i spawn a ship...

Log Link

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 15. May 16, 17:23

wazlord wrote:Yup that did solve the issue. Thanks a bunch.

btw not sure if these error message mean anything when i spawn a ship...

Log Link
Glad to hear it!

And no, that message is not an issue (it's Egosoft's somewhat annoying way of telling you no DO or Engineer are spawned with a ship, probably for their own in-house reasons to make sure no derelict capitals are spawned). I am spawning capital ship crews separately from the ship itself, hence the error messages - but don't worry, nothing's amiss. ;)

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Sun, 15. May 16, 17:27

Got it,
will let you know if i find anything else
so far a great mod :D 8)

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Mon, 16. May 16, 12:49

Update 5/16/16:
  • [New Feature] Localization is now available:
    • English
    • German
    • Russian
    • Chinese (Simplified)
    • Chinese (Traditional)
    Translation may be a bit rough due to Google Translate... though I tried to be as accurate as I could.
  • [Improvement] "Summon Stations" - Weapon platforms and other deployable structures are now set to "Attack Enemies" on spawn, since this is probably the desired behavior.
  • [Improvement] "Target Manipulation" - Some minor tweaks to NPC dialogue/commentary.

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Mon, 16. May 16, 16:58

btw,
I am still dying when using the nova missiles, not sure what would remove the invisibility, but when it happened, the shields would get damaged and if i cant get to the menu again before the hull get down to 0%, the game would end.

this happened when i spawn xenon ships and attack them (kind of like a big war ;) )

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Tue, 17. May 16, 00:29

wazlord wrote:btw,
I am still dying when using the nova missiles, not sure what would remove the invisibility, but when it happened, the shields would get damaged and if i cant get to the menu again before the hull get down to 0%, the game would end.

this happened when i spawn xenon ships and attack them (kind of like a big war ;) )
Ah yeah, sorry I haven't gotten around to investigating this yet.

My guess would be that the splash damage from missiles is still able to damage ship components, even though the main hull itself is invulnerable (or should be, anyway...)

I have added this to the list of "Known Issues" for now. I'll do some tests on my end and report back later. :)

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Tue, 17. May 16, 00:49

i will try and find a way to reproduce this easily, somethings seems to be triggering in disabling invulnerable.

As when this happens, the shields will go down and once it is, the hull start to taking damages.
so the hull isnt invulnerable anymore at this point of time.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Tue, 17. May 16, 03:11

Hey there wazlord:

I have tracked down the issue! It looks like for some reason, if the player enters "remote control" mode, the invulnerability on the Skunk is reset (so Novadrones, and any sort of ROV-type drones will trigger this).

This appears to be a vanilla issue, but I'll see if a workaround can be implemented.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Tue, 17. May 16, 05:08

Hey folks, just posted a new update to address the station manager & architect missing budget issue. The issue was caused by this:

Under normal circumstances, the game will assign an independent credit account to a manager or architect when you assign them to a station or CV. However, when a mod generates a station or CV with the NPC's already on board, they were never physically sent there (which is what triggers the account assignment in Egosoft's scripts).

The new update addresses this issue by incorporating a new code in the relevant scripts to create an independent account for managers and architects if they work aboard a station/CV.

Please note that this will only affect new stations/CV's created by the new version of the mod. If you have pre-existing stations/CV's, you can resolve this issue by assigning a new manager/architect to replace the old one, which will trigger the game to create an account for them.

Update 5/16/16:
  • [Bug fix] Managers and Architects now receive their own budget account properly under the following scenarios:
    • A station is created by "Summon Stations".
    • A station is turned over to player control by "Claim Target".
    • A construction vessel is created by "Summon Construction Vessel".
    • A construction vessel is turned over to player control by "Claim Target".
    With this fix, you should now see the "Budget" option listed for station manager and architects when examining them in the Details window. As before, their budget account will be properly removed if the station is turned over to NPC control.

icanfly

Post by icanfly » Wed, 18. May 16, 01:00

Hi Simoom, i have been experementing with the economy in devries. It seems like even if i build enough stations and assign them to npc, there is still not much going on, because the AI does not spawn more trade and mining ships.

However i have YAT (Yet another Trader) installed and assigned a few ships for mining and trading and then assigned them to npc, it seems to work but i don't know if i messes up YAT.

Would it be possible to ad something similar like your LawEnforcment with the Command "Patrol Zone" but with the Command "Free Trading" for Trading Ships and "Free Mining" for Mining Ships.

Also you can assign ships to the manager and defence officer and then change faction of the station. After that the station seems to work normal like a player owned station would. Do you know if this method somehow messes up the AI or not?

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Wed, 18. May 16, 02:39

DV by default don't have much job ships; that can only be changed by patching the job ship spawn script, but that can come with its own problems (too much artificial life if a player doesn't build up DV).

Stations do exchange some amount of wares via mass traffic, but that only works for stations in the same zone, I think. Egosoft made it (by design) so that players have to be in charge of ware logistics in low-population systems like DV, Toride, and Maelstrom. There's no magic fix I can implement without drastically changing the vanilla universe behavior, and that's somewhat beyond the scope of this mod (it's possible to make a patch that turns all spawned NPC traders into universe traders... if people are interested in that, I'll look into it).

What you did shouldn't mess up YAT since YAT only manages the trading routines of assigned ships, it doesn't care about the faction of those ships (most scripts don't). I think YAT 2.0+ also uses faction accounts directly, so money made by traders will go to their respective faction account instead of yours. The only potential issue is you may still get trade reports/messages from these YAT traders, even if they don't belong to you anymore.

As for assigning subordinate traders to stations then turning them over to NPC... I just checked the NPC station manager script, "trade.station.xml", and it doesn't look like it has any routine for using subordinates to trade (it relies only on the mass traffic network), so I don't think the ships you assigned will be doing much once control's been turned over to the NPC. I could force NPC stations you turn over to continue running the player manager script... but I don't think I should mess with that (some parts of it aren't designed to be run on NPC stations anyway, such as accounting for manager budget).
Last edited by Simoom on Wed, 18. May 16, 11:29, edited 2 times in total.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Wed, 18. May 16, 02:41

Update 5/18/16:
  • [New Feature] Construction Vessel - Remove Wares - Added ability to empty a construction vessel of wares. The scripts for "Construction Vessel - Restock Wares", "Construction Vessel - Remove Wares", and "Construction Vessel - Undock" have been streamlined and merged into one (the menu structure was slightly changed as the result).
  • [Improvement] More Localization now available:
    • French
    • Spanish
    • Italian
    • Korean
    As before, translation may be a bit rough...
  • [Improvement] CWIR Compatibility Patch updated. It is now a standalone and will work with the Steam version of the main mod.

icanfly

Post by icanfly » Wed, 18. May 16, 18:16

As for assigning subordinate traders to stations then turning them over to NPC... I just checked the NPC station manager script, "trade.station.xml", and it doesn't look like it has any routine for using subordinates to trade (it relies only on the mass traffic network), so I don't think the ships you assigned will be doing much once control's been turned over to the NPC. I could force NPC stations you turn over to continue running the player manager script... but I don't think I should mess with that (some parts of it aren't designed to be run on NPC stations anyway, such as accounting for manager budget).
Thank for your reply/answers Simoom. I have just made some tests in game. I made a H2O Factory and assigned 5 defence ships, 3 traders and 2 miners. They acted like they should/would as if it was a player station. The miners went mining, the traders sold water and bought energy cells and this many times (to make sure they were not only executing the last command). It seems like they are still running the player.manager scripts but only for a different faction :)
I have to do more testing on this to make sure it does not break the game and has no unexpected behavior. If this works then i can make some very interesting and usefull supply chains, thanks to you and your mod :)

Edit: Taking control of npc stations adding ships and assigning back to npc, seems to work as well.

Greetings icanfly

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Thu, 19. May 16, 13:25

Hi,

Found something new trying the change faction option.
started the ciwr game, and then tried to change the faction of the Xenon Matrix to Argon.
It changed the faction but the status still showing as enemies instead of neutral...

Tried the same for summoning a new station and then assigning it to Xenon and then back to argon.

Not sure if the issue was due to initially this faction is not listed, but seem the status stuck afterwards even changing to a friendly faction.

thx

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Thu, 19. May 16, 15:08

Does it only happen to Xenon stations, or "normal" (assets with human crew) hostile factions as well?

For handling faction changes between NPC factions, my script very simply changes the owner of the asset along with all of its crew (since all NPC assets run the same script). There isn't really any potential for things to go wrong there... it's actually when you claim a Xenon station that the routine gets complicated (my script destroys all the Xenon NPC's, which are class.computer, and creates actual human crews).

Possibility 1. - Something to do with CWIR's scripts... keep in mind they have a LOT of custom scripts going on for the dynamic sector ownership & changes - some of these scripts may be enforcing some sort of sector-wide coverowner setting, or some such. I really haven't delved much into CWIR's scripts yet so I can't say for certain... it may be best to ask about this in CWIR's thread.

Possibility 2. - There's a much simpler explanation, which is temporary tolerance/relations change. Assuming you or your assets have been firing on the Xenon station, its DO may have accumulated a high negative tolerance toward you. This won't go away with a simple faction change - it has to be told by MD script to be cleared (I can code this in for the next release). If you are certain you or your assets haven't been shooting at it, then it may be CWIR-related...

Temporary hostility change does decay over time, so you can leave the zone for a bit (take all your assets with you) and see if that station turns blue after some time.

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Thu, 19. May 16, 15:12

well, i will need to try it out to confirm if its due to any temp argo or just the cwir issue.

but it can be resolved by claiming the target and then reassigning to argon.

another observation is with the I or K, noticed when i claim the target then give it to any faction npc, it seems that they lose the crew and not moving anymore

Itaros
x4

Post by Itaros » Thu, 19. May 16, 18:57

I wonder if this is possible to have ability to spawn stations with CV, but without resources and with construction just started for player to continue(Yes, I am aware vanilla buildorders for special stations is a mess) :?:
Staring at Yisha in VR

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Fri, 20. May 16, 16:05

wazlord wrote:well, i will need to try it out to confirm if its due to any temp argo or just the cwir issue.

but it can be resolved by claiming the target and then reassigning to argon.
I think tolerance values cannot be applied to player-owned NPC's, so yeah claiming a property would reset any temporary reputation/tolerance that's accumulated. So that's probably that.
wazlord wrote:another observation is with the I or K, noticed when i claim the target then give it to any faction npc, it seems that they lose the crew and not moving anymore
They don't lose their crew, but the captain won't have a command.

You see, for simple ownership change from one NPC faction to another, there's no need to reset the aiscripts running on the crew - if a ship is in the middle of a trade run, or is on patrol, then it will continue to do so.

However, when the player claims a property, it's best to make the crews abort all their scripts, for two reasons:
  1. Player-owned NPC's run a different set of scripts from ones working for a NPC faction. It's impossible to switch from one script to another without aborting the previous script's actions. So if a ship was trading or patrolling, the very act of switching it to another script will cause it to stop what it was doing (in case of the captain of a ship, he will show "No Order").
  2. Another thing is a ship's captain needs to be assigned a script "player.default" to respond to player commands. Without this, the only way to make a NPC ship-turned-yours respond to commands is to add it to squad (which triggers the assignment of "player.default").
Now, for the situation you described (claiming a Xenon ship then handing it to a NPC faction), of course the captain will just sit there, because he doesn't have any orders. What you need to do is, after you claim the ship, tell it to patrol, then hand it to the NPC faction.
Itaros wrote:I wonder if this is possible to have ability to spawn stations with CV, but without resources and with construction just started for player to continue(Yes, I am aware vanilla buildorders for special stations is a mess) :?:
Yes, that's very easily done... There are two ways to do it:
  • I can use the script I currently have, except set it so that it only builds the first stage of sequence A, which will allow you to complete the rest of the build manually via CV).
  • I can also have the script spawn a CV (upon player choice) and have the architect execute a build order matching the macro of the station the player chose.
The reason I haven't implemented more advanced station-building options is because I am planning on implementing an advanced feature down the line (ability to open a custom menu and checkbox all the station modules you want, and the mod will create the station with only those selected modules). This however requires the building of a custom UI element, which I have not delved into yet... (I may also steal the codes from Phipsz, if he beats me to writing such a menu... xD )

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”