[Mod] "Simoom's Lantern" - Ultimate Cheat Menu

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

icanfly

Post by icanfly » Fri, 13. May 16, 17:06

Nice work Simoom. Glad to hear we could help. Since it is a cheat_menu you might consider adding smalltalk/scaning hack and station hack into your mod.
I personally think it does not have to be, because i can get better results with your mod (like add 5 star personal and you don't have to do the smalltalk part) but everyones cheat behavior/decision is different.

Greetings icanfly

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Sat, 14. May 16, 15:16

Is it possible to target the station/trade ship and supply the lacking cargo on the station so that they can continue producing the products?

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sat, 14. May 16, 19:38

I have little request :D

Would it be possible to increase population in uneverse ? For example systems like DV or Cold Star are pretty good for players sandbox (we can do whatever we want with this mod). But what i have noticed after building so many stations that they don't have enough ships support all of this.... So opinion where we can summon 10 or 20 NPC ships that will trade in that system until they get blown up :)

Also i have another question ? If i assign ships to station and give that station to NPC'S will they still trade for that station?
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 15. May 16, 01:12

icanfly wrote:Nice work Simoom. Glad to hear we could help. Since it is a cheat_menu you might consider adding smalltalk/scaning hack and station hack into your mod.
I personally think it does not have to be, because i can get better results with your mod (like add 5 star personal and you don't have to do the smalltalk part) but everyones cheat behavior/decision is different.

Greetings icanfly
Hmm, w.evans has a smalltalk/hacking mod which may just be what you are looking for... :)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=374964

For something like this if I were to incorporate it into my mod I would prefer it to be toggleable, which might not be possible at this time...
wazlord wrote:Is it possible to target the station/trade ship and supply the lacking cargo on the station so that they can continue producing the products?
Yes, it's under a different section (not "Target Manipulation")

Go to "Summon Fleet / Stations" -> "Station Management" -> "Restock Wares"
Nikola515 wrote:I have little request :D

Would it be possible to increase population in uneverse ? For example systems like DV or Cold Star are pretty good for players sandbox (we can do whatever we want with this mod). But what i have noticed after building so many stations that they don't have enough ships support all of this.... So opinion where we can summon 10 or 20 NPC ships that will trade in that system until they get blown up :)

Also i have another question ? If i assign ships to station and give that station to NPC'S will they still trade for that station?
You mean increase job ship spawns? Should be easy... all I need to do is patch the vanilla job scripts (you won't even have to replace them if they get destroyed).

Are you talking about your own stations or stations you've turned over to the NPC faction? If you mean your own stations, you should let your own trade ships do the work instead of relying on NPCs.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 15. May 16, 01:30

Nice :D

I was thinking NPC'S stations. So if i give my station to NPC and if i have ships assign to it while staton was still mine . What will happen to those ships? Will they still work for that station or will they just stop working (perhaps i should just test it when i get time) ;) .

I usually do all of my stations trading by my self and i allso supply NPC stations with what i have. But i give whole bunch of stations to NPC so problem that im having is there is not enough NPC ships to supply them. They keep running out of E-Cells food..... For example i give them stations to produce refined metals and silicon wafers. I supply ore and silicon but NPC should supply energy ,food and cut crystals. Now problem is DV don't have enough ships to handle that.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 15. May 16, 03:37

Made a quick YouTube trailer in preparation for Steam & Nexus release:
https://youtu.be/1r6elD3UjA8

I'll work on some final tweaks later... :)

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 15. May 16, 04:12

Nice video :thumb_up:

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 15. May 16, 07:12

Okay, mod is now on Nexus - modular installation is still possible. :)

Will get Steam version ready soon. That one I may simply upload as a full package.

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Sun, 15. May 16, 11:03

I am seeing a problem with the weapon platforms
they will ask for a trade ship to be assigned but the mission never goes away even after i assign one
and i cant remove the mission as well, it give error when i tried using the option

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 15. May 16, 11:31

wazlord wrote:I am seeing a problem with the weapon platforms
they will ask for a trade ship to be assigned but the mission never goes away even after i assign one
and i cant remove the mission as well, it give error when i tried using the option
Hmm, the Upkeep.xml and Upkeep_Management.xml are supposed to prevent this from happening. Would you happen to have removed them? Or have any mod that also modifies these files?

If you have a debug log handy that would help me greatly in looking into what's causing this issue in your game (I know my patch files are working, but things can get messy if other mods are modifying the same files).

P.S. - The "Remove Upkeep Mission" option is only for after you turned over a station to a NPC faction. It won't function while station is still under your control.

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Sun, 15. May 16, 14:01

i am just using the CWIR mod, and yours, nothing changed.
once i added the weapon platform it will ask for trade ship.

where is the log saved i can upload it here

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 15. May 16, 14:23

Steam link is up, everyone! :)
wazlord wrote:i am just using the CWIR mod, and yours, nothing changed.
once i added the weapon platform it will ask for trade ship.

where is the log saved i can upload it here
Hmm, I'll take a look at the CWIR scripts and see if they touch those two files.

To generate and locate the debug log, please see the following wiki article:
https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... d=30113934

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 15. May 16, 15:53

Hey again wazlord:

I have tracked down the issue. It is indeed because CWIR also modifies the Upkeep mission-related scripts.

Specifically, the culprit is this line in CWIR:

Code: Select all

<replace sel="/mdscript/cues/library/actions/do_if/do_if/do_if/do_all/do_elseif[@value='$Object.isclass.station']/@value">$Object.isclass.station and not $Object.macro.ismacro.{macro.struct_bt_alb_outpost_macro} and not $Object.macro.ismacro.{macro.struct_at_xen_xenon_outpost_macro}</replace>
In my script I also modify this line:

Code: Select all

<replace sel="//cues/library[@name='CheckObject']/actions/do_if/do_if/do_if[@value='md.$AllowMultiMissions or not @$HasMission']/do_all/do_elseif[@value='$Object.isclass.station']/@value">$Object.isclass.station and $Object.hasstorage</replace>
Unfortunately the only way around this is for me to release a compatibility patch, which I'll put as an optional file on Nexus (not much I can do about Steam).

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Sun, 15. May 16, 16:08

awesome :D
i'll await for your next release.
i am using nexus to get the files so its all good for me :)

thanks

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 15. May 16, 16:13

Hey again wazlord! :)

I just uploaded a compatibility patch to Nexus (look under "Miscellaneous Files"). Just copy and paste the folder over the main mod folder, overwrite both files if prompted.
Let me know if it resolves the issue with the Upkeep missions. CWIR has a LOT of scripts so this may be just the tip of the iceberg... :P If you encounter any new issues, please report them so I can investigate.

P.S. - The patch will prevent further Upkeep missions from generating, but for existing weapon platforms you already deployed, you will have to clear those missions manually by doing one of the following:
  • Assign a trade ship to it. Once the mission clears, you can unassign it.
  • Turn the station over to a NPC faction ("Change Faction"), then back to you ("Claim Target").
  • Destroy the affected weapon platforms ("Self-Destruct") and spawn new ones.

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Sun, 15. May 16, 16:43

Paste Bin Link of the Log
Hi Simoom,
i am still seeing the trade ship mission. the mission still there even though i assigned a Titurel to it :(
and i restarted a new mission after adding the file you just posted :)[/url]

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 15. May 16, 17:05

wazlord wrote:Paste Bin Link of the Log
Hi Simoom,
i am still seeing the trade ship mission. the mission still there even though i assigned a Titurel to it :(
and i restarted a new mission after adding the file you just posted :)[/url]
DOH! I see what I did wrong there. :P For the compatibility patch to work, my mod has to be loaded after CWIR, so I set it as a dependency - but I did not take into account that CWIR already altered the path of the node I am trying to access with my patch, so that had to be corrected.

I updated the compatibility patch and tested it out in a new game (with CWIR installed) - it seems to be functioning correctly now. Grab the updated patch from Nexus when you get a chance, and let me know if the issue is resolved. :)

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Sun, 15. May 16, 17:18

Yup that did solve the issue. Thanks a bunch.

btw not sure if these error message mean anything when i spawn a ship...

Log Link

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 15. May 16, 17:23

wazlord wrote:Yup that did solve the issue. Thanks a bunch.

btw not sure if these error message mean anything when i spawn a ship...

Log Link
Glad to hear it!

And no, that message is not an issue (it's Egosoft's somewhat annoying way of telling you no DO or Engineer are spawned with a ship, probably for their own in-house reasons to make sure no derelict capitals are spawned). I am spawning capital ship crews separately from the ship itself, hence the error messages - but don't worry, nothing's amiss. ;)

wazlord

Post by wazlord » Sun, 15. May 16, 17:27

Got it,
will let you know if i find anything else
so far a great mod :D 8)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”