[Mod] "Simoom's Lantern" - Ultimate Cheat Menu

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

deadjesta

Post by deadjesta » Sat, 5. Nov 16, 11:36

Mac Version????????
iMac 3.1 GHz Intel Quad Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 6. Jan 17, 18:40

4.10 beta 4

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 0.00 Cannot match path '//library[@name='CheckObject']/actions/do_if/do_if/do_if[@value='md.$AllowMultiMissions or not @$HasMission']/do_all/do_elseif[@value='$Object.isclass.station and $Object.hasstorage']/do_else[do_all[@exact='$Sequences.count']]' in patch file 'extensions\simooms_lantern\md\upkeep_management.xml'. Skipping node.

I wanted to try to make a Russian translation, but I did not succeed.
Add the whole menu text in the language file. Otherwise, do the normal translation of the text is not possible.

Substitutional text is not correct.

JDamien
xr

Wondering

Post by JDamien » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 17:18

Is this mod still being maintained/updated? tried downloading from Nexus (I got the HoL Complete edition on GoG) mines version 4.10 I can download your mod with NMM but I don't have an option to switch it on in my extensions its just locked to off (Sidebar seems to be the same way but he apparently has a 4.10 update here I'm trying to figure out how to install) just hoped to find that this one will get an update for the new version as it looks to be an awesome mod.

vazarus
x4

Post by vazarus » Sat, 13. May 17, 02:04

Manually download from nexus. Place in extensions folder. You have to run your interface in legacy mode. Not working with sidebar extensions from my testing.

AntoineS
x3tc

Post by AntoineS » Sat, 13. May 17, 12:55

I installed the mod with no issues.

vazarus
x4

Post by vazarus » Sat, 13. May 17, 17:42

Did you get sidebar extender from steam workshop or nexus mods website?

AntoineS
x3tc

Post by AntoineS » Sat, 13. May 17, 18:24

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 2. Jun 18, 21:43

[=ERROR=] 0.00 No matching node for path '//cue[@name='DefaultComm']/actions/do_else/do_if[@value='$actor.isplayerowned and $actor.container.buildmodule?']/do_if[@value='not @$station']' in patch file 'extensions\simooms_lantern\md\npc_architect.xml'. Skipping node.
[General] 0.00 ======================================

[=ERROR=] 0.00 No matching node for path '//library[@name='CheckObject']/actions/do_if/do_if/do_if[@value='md.$AllowMultiMissions or not @$HasMission']/do_all/do_elseif[@value='$Object.isclass.station and $Object.hasstorage']/do_else[do_all[@exact='$Sequences.count']]' in patch file 'extensions\simooms_lantern\md\upkeep_management.xml'. Skipping node.
[

mrcoffee911
x4

Re: [Mod] "Simoom's Lantern" - Ultimate Cheat Menu

Post by mrcoffee911 » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 18:39

first, thanks to all you modders who've made xr even more playable and enjoyable since i stopped playing several years ago. am a player, not a modder, so hope someone might be able to help. playing some extra systems (by john colman, must haves imho) mods that work best with new game but so far along in current game don't want to start new yet. problem is stations in these systems are spawned with no management or cargolifters, thusly no trade offers, so no economy, and my yat traders just stop. had been using simooms lantern to claim stations, bump crew up, install cargolifters, and return ownership to original faction, and it worked, the sectors economies started coming to life. slight problem tho....ran across new factions from mods that aren't in simooms faction menu. in tinkering, was able to add a new "faction page" in simooms Target_Manipulation.xml file in change faction section with new factions, and it actually works. HOWEVER....the legacy "menu option buttons", which show the faction names, show the faction names of the page i copied, inserted between 2 other pages, then modified "choiceparam=" with faction "id" found in my save. see code line below:

<add_player_choice_sub     text="{20203,1101}"  position="top_left"      section="SimoomsLantern_target_faction_set"  choiceparam="[faction.fijiargnu]"          comment="Fiji Argnu"/>
in the example above, i'm assuming the string "text="{20203,1101}"" refers to faction name id's in vanilla text pages, since only vanilla factions are available to choose? i've looked in the mods .cat files and can't find any reference like this for new factions to save my life. all i want to do is add the new factions in john colmans system mods and also krychokes lost sectors mod to the faction list and think this text file reference is it.
again, i'm no modder and smoke starts pouring out my ears when trying to read up on modding topics, so hopefully all this makes sense and also hopefully what i want is do-able. thanks to anyone giving this post a look.

SirFrancisDrake
x4

Post by SirFrancisDrake » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 19:51

Hello,

I don't know if John Colman has also integrated new factions into his mods. In any case, I have not found any in a hurry. But Lost Sectors has added some.

The PageID of Lost Sectors is 40404

The factions text:

<t id="410">Searchlight Industries</t>

<t id="420">Goner</t>

<t id="430">Argon colonists</t>

<t id="440">Hayen</t>

<t id="450">Kha'ak</t>

<t id="460">Rootless</t>

<t id="463">Terran Colonial Command</t>

<t id="466">Dark Space</t>

<t id="478">Yohanis Corporation</t>
Greetings
SirFrancisDrake
Last edited by SirFrancisDrake on Tue, 15. Jun 21, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.

mrcoffee911
x4

Post by mrcoffee911 » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 20:35

thank you for the quick reply. what file/s is this info typically in?
btw, absolutely love your x3 ship ports to xr and looking forward to herschels(?) gift soon.

SirFrancisDrake
x4

Post by SirFrancisDrake » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 21:04

Thank you. You should also take a look on my Vacana Ship Mod Add On for Herschel's Gift. :)

You can find the factions in faction.xml in the libraries folder.

You can find the texts in the t-files. In the t folder.
There is the PageID and further down the factions.

Here is an example from the Lost Sectors t-file 0001.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--author KrYcHokE-->
<language >
    <page id="40404" voice="no">
    <t id="1">Trade Station</t>
And further down the factions:

<t id="410">Searchlight Industries</t>
    <t id="411">Searchlight Industries acts as a contractor appointed by the government to meet all official industrial needs and needs of the Source of Darkness sectors. In other words, during the last ten years, Cerchlight Industries has been a mining corporation, as well as others in the Source of Darkness during the isolation period.</t>
    <t id="412">SI</t>
    <t id="420">Goner</t>
    <t id="421">These researchers and scholars were once seen as ordinary sectarians who believe in ancient legends about the planet Earth and about the ancient battles with terraformers. The studies of the Goner's were forced to rewrite history textbooks and opened the way for new scientific discoveries - jumping engines and transportation devices that allowed us to begin exploration of the distant space.</t>
    <t id="422">GO</t>
	<t id="430">Argon colonists</t>
    <t id="431">After the connection with the Argon Federation was lost, the Council of Argon Colonies became the governing body in the Source of Darkness.</t>
	<t id="432">ARC</t>
So if you want to add the Searchlight Industries faction for example, you should change the code to:

<add_player_choice_sub text="{40404,410}" position="top_left" section="SimoomsLantern_target_faction_set" choiceparam="[faction.searchlight]" comment="Searchlight Industries"/>

You can find the faction ID in the factions.xml
Example Searchlight Industries:

<faction id="searchlight" name="{40404,410}" description="{40404,411}" shortname="{40404,412}" primaryrace="argon" behaviourset="default" known="1" tags="protective watchdoguser">
      <icon active="faction_searchlight" inactive="faction_searchlight" />
      <licences>
        <licence type="hazardousmaterials" factions="argon_colony" />
        <licence type="intoxicants" factions="argon_colony" />
        <licence type="military" factions="argon_colony" />
        <licence type="pharmaceuticals" factions="argon_colony" />
        <licence type="protectedspecies" factions="argon_colony" />
      </licences>
      <relations>
        <relation faction="atlas" relation="-0.5" />
        <relation faction="hayen" relation="-0.5" />
        <relation faction="criminal" relation="-0.5" />
        <relation faction="enemy" relation="-0.5" />
        <relation faction="friend" relation="0.5" />
        <relation faction="hereticvanguards" relation="-0.5" />
        <relation faction="khaak" relation="-0.5" />
        <relation faction="reivers" relation="-0.32" />
        <relation faction="smuggler" relation="-0.06" />
        <relation faction="sovereignsyndicate" relation="-0.5" />
        <relation faction="xenon" relation="-0.5" />
		<relation faction="ls_dark_space" relation="-0.5" />
		<relation faction="mlspirate" relation="-0.5" />
      </relations>
    </faction>
Last edited by SirFrancisDrake on Tue, 15. Jun 21, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.

mrcoffee911
x4

Post by mrcoffee911 » Sun, 13. Jun 21, 21:45

i most certainly will check out the vacana. thank you for the explanation, and the modifications worked like a charm! :D

mrcoffee911
x4

Post by mrcoffee911 » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 01:02

@sirfrancisdrake, thanks again for the education. john colman steered me in the right direction for his factions and now all factions in my game (that i care about) are displayed on the legacy menu buttons. suggested he may want to visit the thread where unused pages/ids used by modders are being documented.
now, with the utmost respect to simoom, it's time to figure out how to remove the gut-wrenching alarms and annoying ren/yisha comments, which were cute at first but those 2 quickly get old :D

Ajpav13

Post by Ajpav13 » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 19:47

To remove the annoying loud klaxon/alarm:

1. Files to edit (found in the md folder):
Summon_Auxiliary_Fleet.xml
X_Perimental_Jump.xml

2. Delete this line:

<add_effect object="player.room" effect="'cpfx_cockpit_alert_02'"/>
3. Save. That's it!
Last edited by Ajpav13 on Sat, 23. Apr 22, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

Ajpav13

Post by Ajpav13 » Sat, 23. Apr 22, 20:13

Additional Ships Submod
I went ahead and added ships from a bunch of mods to summon (make appear instantly).

Sub-Mod Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Please feel free to incorporate/use/share.
Mods whose Ships Were Added

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”