[MOD] Conquest and War in Rebirth! Release Version 1.60 10-30-2016

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kelmenwong
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat, 17. Mar 12, 18:40
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Fri, 24. Jul 15, 15:34

1) what is the probe for? to reveal zone full data? permanent?
2) i helped roc faction destroyed rerive outpost, but roc didn't claim the zone, and i don't see it's sending cv or building outpost, why not?
3) i saw pmc cv in maelstorm galaxy, how can they reach that far ?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Posts: 6053
Joined: Mon, 15. Dec 03, 19:53
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 24. Jul 15, 18:42

kelmenwong wrote:1) what is the probe for? to reveal zone full data? permanent?
2) i helped roc faction destroyed rerive outpost, but roc didn't claim the zone, and i don't see it's sending cv or building outpost, why not?
3) i saw pmc cv in maelstorm galaxy, how can they reach that far ?
Hello, the probe is to spy on a zone. You can send probes to any zone to see info. They are active until destroyed.

2) ROC will claim the zone, but they don't always do it right away or you might need to leave the zone and wait a little (as long as ROC has a capital ship in the zone, it should build an outpost). They do not send a CV, it just gets built.

As for CV's, that is a possibility for the future, but I am not sure if it will work well with the outposts because it takes too long. I will eventually look into the NPC factions building stuff with CV's but it might have to be limited because of the sheer difficulty of actually building stations (availability of goods that is. Many goods needed for station building become quite rare)

3) You saw a PMC CV in Maelstrom? Not sure how it got there but I guess it could happen. Maybe it determined that going through Maelstrom would get it somewhere? Not sure, I will look into it. I think they can get to Maelstrom through the gate in the Teladi cluster. I don't know why it would go there though haha.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Posts: 6053
Joined: Mon, 15. Dec 03, 19:53
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 24. Jul 15, 20:20

Updated first post with more info and such. As you can see many things are already implemented but there is a lot of work ahead. I need more people to give me feedback and suggestions and such. Good conversation leads to good ideas.

There are going to be a lot of changes still in the future. It will be some time until Rubini comes back so I am working on what I can do best. When he comes back we can update/add more features to the CM aspects. I am thinking of toning down the CM invasions. I think the defense part of it is very good but the invasion part can be tones down and invasions could take place more through JOBS than CM spawns. This will allow more control in some ways. (controlling the overall flow of the war and slow it down so players can respond/grow better) There are other changes in store too. It is coming along nicely so far, though.

Orion Nebula
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 9. Jul 15, 17:27
xr

Post by Orion Nebula » Fri, 24. Jul 15, 20:23

Yeah, sorry, I realized right after I posted that it was totally incorrect for the story, but was half asleep and stream of consciousness typed away. Being totally new to the X series I think I was confusing sins of a solar empire in there and wondering on a sins type 4x conquesting mod.


I do have a quick question though, often times I will start to pursue a larger ship in an attempt to board, they will start boosting away at a rapid pace, after giving chase for 30 seconds to a minute or so they will simply vanish.

Are they jumping out or just vanishing?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Posts: 6053
Joined: Mon, 15. Dec 03, 19:53
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 24. Jul 15, 21:22

Orion Nebula wrote:Yeah, sorry, I realized right after I posted that it was totally incorrect for the story, but was half asleep and stream of consciousness typed away. Being totally new to the X series I think I was confusing sins of a solar empire in there and wondering on a sins type 4x conquesting mod.


I do have a quick question though, often times I will start to pursue a larger ship in an attempt to board, they will start boosting away at a rapid pace, after giving chase for 30 seconds to a minute or so they will simply vanish.

Are they jumping out or just vanishing?
They are using code from MICT which is more advanced then the vanilla code. Ships in danger may jump somewhere in the zone. Keep on them!

kelmenwong
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat, 17. Mar 12, 18:40
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Sat, 25. Jul 15, 03:41

BlackRain wrote: ...
2) ROC will claim the zone, but they don't always do it right away or you might need to leave the zone and wait a little (as long as ROC has a capital ship in the zone, it should build an outpost). They do not send a CV, it just gets built.

As for CV's, that is a possibility for the future, but I am not sure if it will work well with the outposts because it takes too long. I will eventually look into the NPC factions building stuff with CV's but it might have to be limited because of the sheer difficulty of actually building stations (availability of goods that is. Many goods needed for station building become quite rare)
...
just for the story sake:
someone in the x universe realize a need for fast-deployable-station, instead of having to build it.
probably a customized cv meant for rapidly-deployable-outpost, that's all it can change into/be.
which later this outpost can be build/upgrade

kelmenwong
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat, 17. Mar 12, 18:40
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Sat, 25. Jul 15, 05:28

issue:
version="020" date="2015-07-19"

DeVries » Molten Archon » Extinct Torch
prev occupied by roc
Reivers force can jump into it
this zone has no jump beacon

in-sector, the only zone can flow to it - lava flow, is under roc

to me, it break logic how they can jump/appear in there

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Posts: 6053
Joined: Mon, 15. Dec 03, 19:53
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 25. Jul 15, 06:51

kelmenwong wrote:issue:
version="020" date="2015-07-19"

DeVries » Molten Archon » Extinct Torch
prev occupied by roc
Reivers force can jump into it
this zone has no jump beacon

in-sector, the only zone can flow to it - lava flow, is under roc

to me, it break logic how they can jump/appear in there
Hello, yeah, with the CM Attacks, they jump into the zone. With fleets spawned by JOBS they do not jump into the zone. I am probably going to disable the CM attack spawns (only leave the defense CM spawns on) and attacks will only be done by job fleets. This way they will have to travel normally like you do. Remember though, even if they jump into Lava flow, they can quickly boost to another zone (fleets spawned by JOBS that is)

kelmenwong
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat, 17. Mar 12, 18:40
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Sat, 25. Jul 15, 09:18

BlackRain wrote: Hello, yeah, with the CM Attacks, they jump into the zone. With fleets spawned by JOBS they do not jump into the zone. I am probably going to disable the CM attack spawns (only leave the defense CM spawns on) and attacks will only be done by job fleets. This way they will have to travel normally like you do. Remember though, even if they jump into Lava flow, they can quickly boost to another zone (fleets spawned by JOBS that is)
shouldn't they only able to boost to other zone only after they occupied the initial zone 1st?
imo, this doesn't help the gaming. u fortify a passage with heavy force, while u can leave ur backyard loosely guarded.
with this "quickly boost" mechanism, it defeat the purpose.
if i'm the attacking force, i rather full force to occupy a zone, rather than spread myself thin, unless it is merely working as terrorism, regardless of my force safety and continuity.

kelmenwong
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat, 17. Mar 12, 18:40
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Sat, 25. Jul 15, 09:39

i just gave this another try
this time, they jump/pop-in right near me, my few utility ships are gone.

really not enjoying this jump-mechanic. they may as well jump right into the opposing faction stronghold.

w.evans
Posts: 2962
Joined: Tue, 18. Nov 14, 17:23
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 25. Jul 15, 10:12

kelmenwong wrote:if i'm the attacking force, i rather full force to occupy a zone, rather than spread myself thin, unless it is merely working as terrorism, regardless of my force safety and continuity.
Unless your force is much bigger than mine. In that case, I'd attack you where you're spread thin, but I probably wouldn't seriously try to take any zones behind your line which I couldn't support. Rather just make you vulnerable while I take the real prize, whatever that may be.

Agreed about this, though
kelmenwong wrote:really not enjoying this jump-mechanic. they may as well jump right into the opposing faction stronghold.
Although, I think that BR and Rubini are on it.

Saquavin
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu, 22. Aug 13, 17:12
xr

Post by Saquavin » Sat, 25. Jul 15, 11:18

BlackRain wrote:
They are using code from MICT
Have you implemented MICT in conquest and war ? I have MICT standalone, should I remove it to avoid compatibility problem ?

Have you implemented others mods ?
Here are what I'm using, do you spot any incompatibility issue in this list ?

- Teladi outpost
- conquest and war
- boarding options
- marine rebalance
- mission computer
- faster ships
- no collision damage
- NPC gain xp
- VR skill evalutation
- craft virtual seminar
- trade agent forever
- show me your faction, please
- micellaneous combat tweaks
- station engineer
- super scanner

w.evans
Posts: 2962
Joined: Tue, 18. Nov 14, 17:23
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 25. Jul 15, 11:28

Hi Saquavin,

BlackRain and I worked on integrating aspects of the MICT escort script (included in MICT_supp2) into both World War X and this to improve compatibility. Before, my escort script was skipped when using with WWX because WWX has its own custom escort script. Now, MICT should work seamlessly with both this and WWX.

Saquavin
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu, 22. Aug 13, 17:12
xr

Post by Saquavin » Sat, 25. Jul 15, 13:24

Thanks for your answer w.evans.
Your mod is nice, it's really nice to see a capital boosting to a target in zone, instead of flying for 3 minutes...
I love the feature which make the combat like naval : show the side of capital to use the maximum turrets (real for every ships except balor/sucellus). I've seen you have worked on these 2 ships so that they will stay far from target and use primary weapon, I have to try because I've never seen a sucellus main weapon shot before ;)

w.evans
Posts: 2962
Joined: Tue, 18. Nov 14, 17:23
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 25. Jul 15, 14:13

Appreciate the compliment!

Post Reply

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”