[MOD] Conquest and War in Rebirth! Release Version 1.60 10-30-2016

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 12:11

Hi CWIR Team.

Great mod and it seems to work well.

In a recent post on another subject asking about total station builds as well an earlier post i made to egosoft about total station builds i was informed that this mod dose that, as i've now found out i'm so happy.

Though this mod dose in most part what i've asked for a total station build, but i find it still needs a little work on the the station total builds.

All stations total builds are fine except the shipyards and the drone amounts.

Firstly i'll deal with the shipyards unless i've missed something why are they constantly auto building ships that either are not wanted yet or i would never build, yes i can donate etc, but they are stopping other races from ship build trading.

Is there like i said i may have missed it some way i can stop the auto ship building.

Now i'll deal with the drone amounts and again i may have missed it, but why are the auto amounts so out of proportion either too many of one or not enough of others, yes i can get the manager to resupply, but in the supply menu there is no Construction drone listing.

It would be nice that in station full build there was another option for station requirements somewhat like as listed below.

1: Pick place and station then contractor and build funding, with option self/sale.
2: One of the three build options with or without crew with option of 3-5 star crew at nearest best cost, funds drawn from player account (Funds permitting).
2.1: With fullcrew if for self and allocate the funds for that station manager.
2.2: Without crew if we want to donate to allies, with option to minamil crew ie Manager/Defence/Engineer, The rest hume get it will provide.
2.3 To sell at the full cost of build plus 10-20% on top labour costs and drone/crews. (% etc Open to modders options) .
3: Pick what drones we want and quantity for that type of station.
4.: We can order what type ships and amount to add to that station.

The above would make the total station build more personal player preferences base and not standard as is now.

Though the standard option could come in two parts standard/Full.

Standard as the total build stands now.
Full with the option in my suggestion list.

This is open for CWIR Team thoughts if is liked or if can be added to mod maybe pick my brains for further input/ideas.

If all else fails please can someone tell me which file or where i can change drone amounts or stop shipyards ship auto building.

I'm no modder but any help would be very grateful.

Maybe one of you can upload a file with the drones left out so i can supply them and a file with no ship auto build or at least come with only 2 auto trader builds and 2 random capital combat ship builds.

Thank you cwir team for a very good mod and fulfilling a suggestion i made many moons ago to egosoft about full station builds.

Sorry if this post looks like wuffle and hope you can understand what i was suggesting.

I love all your work guys.

lqvinh

Post by lqvinh » Sun, 21. Jan 18, 18:31

Hi,
Could you tell me why the xenon ships are having human pilots? I thought they are supposed to be AI ships?

Thanks for the hard work.
Vincent

xwanderer
x4

Post by xwanderer » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 13:14

Hi there,

I have a little problem with xenon stations that were built in Devries and cannot be destroyed (IZ and OOZ). Their health never drops below 15%. Is this a bug or are there any other mods that can cause this?

Thank you

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sun, 28. Jan 18, 13:51

Hi All.

I too have issues with xenon stations like xwanderer they do not want to die.

Though i have seen one totaled in the campaign viv other ships i've looked all over the wreaked stations and there seem to be nothing whole though further checking it seems the the docking pad is bugged and that can still shows active though icon is gone.

To add and not known if anyone else have built or captured a xenon station as i've done both.

I'm having the issue afterwards with the upkeeps i'm asks to stock cargo drones but can't there is no drone dock/storage or is there no trading docks as well like other stations.

Can anyone either a Modder or Egosoft rectify this issues after all they are part of the game and therefore be playable like all other stations.

LudwigSteiner

Post by LudwigSteiner » Tue, 30. Jan 18, 23:37

Its been a while since any updates came along, are people still working on this mod or did development cease ?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 07:17

simply some common bugfixes includet at https://github.com/40712ef4f9/cwir , don't know if BR will update the official packages

actual development time get spend to https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=394031 / https://github.com/40712ef4f9/nf_a

LudwigSteiner

Post by LudwigSteiner » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 20:57

So I can stop waiting for the mod to ever reach finished status ? Such a shame.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 1. Feb 18, 00:54

BlackRain has mentioned at some point that the mod was pretty much finished anyway.
And considering the extend of the changes brought by this mod, I'd say it's pretty awesome. Now I can't imagine XR without it.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

x3tc

Boarding Stations?

Post by 150147 » Thu, 1. Feb 18, 18:35

Hi Guys,

I read in the readme/patch notes that you can board and capture stations in this MOD. Has anyone managed to do this yet?

How do you go about it?

:twisted:

LudwigSteiner

Post by LudwigSteiner » Fri, 2. Feb 18, 00:51

So I installed the Mod again, even installed ALL the fixes Marvin Martian postet below and it somehow stops my game when I press Enter to open my Menu. I cant move untill I tab out of the game again and join. Is that normal ?

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 2. Feb 18, 08:03

whats the meaning of "installed ALL the fixes"?

the both github links are individual mods, the .....4f9/cwir package have included some bugfixed here posted in the thread

the second section of my post is another mod, this based on cwir and have same assets but is totally different in basic work, because for some features cwir was a dead end, this need a new start of mod and game, so you can't combine NF and CWIR in one game, use the one or the other, but never ever together

xwanderer
x4

Post by xwanderer » Fri, 2. Feb 18, 11:09

Seems like the Xenon stations haven't been fixed. PMC and HoA are trying to destroy the invincible stations so things get stuck somehow :(

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 3. Feb 18, 15:39

lqvinh wrote:Hi,
Could you tell me why the xenon ships are having human pilots? I thought they are supposed to be AI ships?

Thanks for the hard work.
Vincent
They are synthetic people! The Xenon have moved on from just simple AI programs and have been creating synthetic people in order to terraform the universe and replace it with perfect lifeforms!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 3. Feb 18, 15:40

LudwigSteiner wrote:So I can stop waiting for the mod to ever reach finished status ? Such a shame.
The mod is considered finished and has been for a very long time other than the occasional fix Marvin so graciously provides.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 3. Feb 18, 15:41

xwanderer wrote:Seems like the Xenon stations haven't been fixed. PMC and HoA are trying to destroy the invincible stations so things get stuck somehow :(
This happens sometimes for any station. There is just something ridiculously wrong with all the stations and they don't always get blown up. Try going into the zone or locating a piece that isn't officially blown up and blowing it up. Sometimes a piece will get down to 0 hp but it wont be blown up for some reason.

x3tc

Re: Boarding Stations?

Post by 150147 » Sun, 4. Feb 18, 08:45

150147 wrote:Hi Guys,

I read in the readme/patch notes that you can board and capture stations in this MOD. Has anyone managed to do this yet?

How do you go about it?

I guess no body has tried this then.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sun, 4. Feb 18, 11:56

Hi 150147

I haven't captured a station yet but assuming it's done in a similar way to ships though you could hack systems with hack drone to weaken the station before boarding.

There is a cheat mod that bypasses all this and clam the stations without the effit, try this "Simoom's Lantern - Ultimate Cheat Menu" on steams workshop if you like.

Sorry can't be much help and delay in answering.

Marvin Martian
x4

Re: Boarding Stations?

Post by Marvin Martian » Sun, 4. Feb 18, 18:09

150147 wrote:
150147 wrote:Hi Guys,

How do you go about it?

I guess no body has tried this then.
You need to talk to your Marineofficer then you can transfer Marines from Skunk to a Squadship of yours with free space in his dronebay
so it is possible to have more then the 50 Marines from the skunk available at boarding

you can start the boarding of a station(or ship) by call one of your Squadships with the marines in dronebay - here a new attack command is available
but the drones get started immediately, so send your ship into a good position

####

anyway, add an update to (github)cwir to solve the undestructable stations

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Mon, 5. Feb 18, 09:32

JESS and Marvin,
Thanks for your replies,
I'll try this.

Marvin,

where will I find this github and the update? Please help.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 7. Feb 18, 11:38

Marvin Martian wrote:simply some common bugfixes includet at https://github.com/40712ef4f9/cwir , don't know if BR will update the official packages
Use the default selected RC Branch

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”