[MOD] Station Engineers

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 15:52

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:
Simoom wrote:may have to write the mod author now...
alexalsp on this forum and aladinaleks on steam have the same avatar so I think the author has replied in both of these threads.
Yup, I already messaged him. :) Hopefully we can have these issues figured out.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 19:25

Simoom wrote:Alright, I have a conclusive report now... and the problem appears to be the Cheat Menu.

Removing "Station Engineers" while keeping "Cheat Menu" allows for assigning of engineers to stations, but they disappear upon leaving the zone.

Removing "Cheat Menu" and leaving "Station Engineers", on the other hand, the engineers remain on the station after leaving zone.

It's possible that the version of Station Engineers included with the Cheat Menu has outdated codes or something... this isn't the first bug I noticed with this mod (I found another one which I reported here, may have to write the mod author now...)
Yay! I didn't screw up after all.

Huh. What do I do now? Was all set on looking into this bug.

Hope you and Alex sort it out.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 19:58

Hi Simoom

I use the cheat mod and have not had engineers disappear from stations but i did have issues with the 100% engineers mod.

On thinking about it it seams after every other update there's always an issue with engineers not repairing etc and there's been many post about this.

Though you may have done a extension test turning on or off mods to find the conderediction mod like i did in the past but as far as i can see there is nothing in the cheat mod that has anything to do with engineers unless you'er using a cheat station build and even then i found the station fully equipped and crewed after leaving zone and you issue may lie elsewhere.

Now i know it's called station engineers mod and i've had posts with author about that they are infact hired from the capital ship engineers and it's those cap ship engineers i assign to a station and i've had no issues.

Mind you i am using an older version of this mod.
Last edited by JESS 246 on Fri, 1. Apr 16, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 20:04

w.evans

your mod works fine.

the problem is the absence of the last version of the mod CMXr.

My engineers are working perfectly.

Necessary to check and download the last version of mod CMXr, and read the description.

:P :roll: :)

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 01:26

Let me elaborate my issues so people can see if it can be reproduced.
  • Cheat Menu disabled, Station Engineer enabled: Can assign engineer to a newly-built station. Engineer stays after leaving zone.
  • Cheat Menu enabled, Station Engineer disabled: Can assign engineer to a newly-built station. Engineer disappears after leaving zone.

Pre-existing engineers assigned by Station Engineer does NOT disappear, even after this mod has been disabled.
@alexalsp: Version of Cheat Mod I am using should be latest. I deleted the entire mod folder and made Steam download it again.

What is CMXr?

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 02:11

Hi Simoom

I understand what you are saying that without the cheat mod all works fine.

In that case wait till the next big update and try the mod again that's what i did when i had engineers issues in the past.

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 02:41

Simoom wrote:What is CMXr?
Cheat Menu X Rebirth :roll:

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 04:12

eMYNOCK wrote:
Simoom wrote:What is CMXr?
Cheat Menu X Rebirth :rolling:
Haha, well... using the latest version from Steam anyway. :(

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 08:14

Just letting everyone know that I have been writing alexalsp and he has managed to reproduce the problem. For some reason stations built from a CV suffers this issue, but stations created directly through his mod does not (I built all my stations from CV).

Again, weird thing being w.evans' standalone mod works fine. So something else in the Cheat Menu mod is causing issues.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 14:27

Hi Simoom

I had a similar thing with the cheat mod on the ship cheat part i was trying some ships but they never showed and found that i had not installed other mods related to ship types, and maybe you have not installed a mod or all mods relating to stations/crews and one of these other station mod may resolve your issue.

Though the cheat mod is great it seams to fail if all mod that it needs to work are not in stalled like in your case with the stations so this may relate to the CV ships as well and there are a few new CV type mods out there and if you haven't got all CV mods then this maybe the cause of the issue you are experiencing.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 14:44

JESS 246 wrote:Hi Simoom

I had a similar thing with the cheat mod on the ship cheat part i was trying some ships but they never showed and found that i had not installed other mods related to ship types, and maybe you have not installed a mod or all mods relating to stations/crews and one of these other station mod may resolve your issue.

Though the cheat mod is great it seams to fail if all mod that it needs to work are not in stalled like in your case with the stations so this may relate to the CV ships as well and there are a few new CV type mods out there and if you haven't got all CV mods then this maybe the cause of the issue you are experiencing.
According to Cheat Menu's description, the "Ships from Mods" require the corresponding mods to be installed. But as far as the stations are concerned, it already includes both the Teladi and DV station mods, so it is a self-contained module.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 15:32

I did know that Simoom but i think there are others that are needed but you are now saying it's a CV issue now and i've installed all mods relating to what the cheat mod needs and other that it may or maynot need including crew related mods any one of these missing may have a knock on effect that's related to your issue weather it works or not i'm just pushing some thoughts your way well they worked for me.

lqvinh

Post by lqvinh » Fri, 6. Jan 17, 04:06

Hi,

Thank you for creating this mod!

However it seems my engineers only repair their stations one time. After that, when the stations get damage, it shows that they are repairing some module, but its hull stuck at some percent even all of its contruction drones are in use.

Is there any way I can fix it?

Best regards,
Vinh

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 6. Jan 17, 09:00

Do you mean the hull still wasn't repaired, even after all the surface elements were repaired?

lqvinh

Post by lqvinh » Fri, 6. Jan 17, 10:42

Yes, the hull is always at 99%, and a production module's hull is at 86%.

Even though all of the turrets, shield projectors are repaired, this hull value is never repaired.

I look around and turns out the architect can repair modules individually. But it would be nice if the engineer can do it too.

tigersebel
x3tc

Post by tigersebel » Thu, 12. Jan 17, 19:13

I can confirm i have the same bug as lqvinh. It seems like the Engineer only repairs up to 1-5 percent of a module and then stops for some reason. Then i can "Jump Start" it with my Repair laser and he will repair a little bit further but will stop again after some time.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Thu, 12. Jan 17, 22:14

Hi,

just wanted to clarify that this mod does not in any way change how repair is done. It simply allows you to assign engineers to work on stations.

lqvinh

Post by lqvinh » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 09:18

I understand. But it would be much helpful if engineers can repair stations completely.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 12:00

i think under some strange conditions the converting of the used parameters doesn't work reliable
the core of repair is always as simple

Code: Select all

<set_object_hull object="$Defensible" exact="$Defensible.hullpercentage + $addedhullpercentage" />
so sometimes it doesn't work to came up with an full percent of hull (maybe a converting bug of hull <> hullpercent) so it results in 79+1 = 79.9999 and on next run again and again .....

tigersebel
x3tc

Post by tigersebel » Fri, 13. Jan 17, 12:17

Marvin Martian wrote:i think under some strange conditions the converting of the used parameters doesn't work reliable
the core of repair is always as simple

Code: Select all

<set_object_hull object="$Defensible" exact="$Defensible.hullpercentage + $addedhullpercentage" />
so sometimes it doesn't work to came up with an full percent of hull (maybe a converting bug of hull <> hullpercent) so it results in 79+1 = 79.9999 and on next run again and again .....
yeah i think that too. it's really annoying because somehow my refueling station keeps getting damage and i need to repair it manually everytime.

EDIT: Ok it seems like it helps if we give the station some Construction URV's
but it's weird that some stations doesn't need them to repair to 100%

EDIT NR2: Ok it stucked again...

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”