[TUTORIAL] Working with custom 3D models

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

bioscmos303
x4

Re: [TUTORIAL] Working with custom 3D models

Post by bioscmos303 » Tue, 31. Aug 21, 23:49

[SOLVED With Blender] how do i Solo Control The Player position inside cockpit xml ? NO but with blender - files inside

viewtopic.php?f=129&t=441730

Drumma

Re:

Post by Drumma » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 22:47

UniTrader wrote:
Wed, 21. Jan 15, 21:37
it should be for any programm which can handle dae/collada, so it should be many Moddeling programs because this File Format is open ;) (and is btw also based on xml :D)
I think I posted this in the wrong thread so here it goes again.

Can models created from Rhino3D (3DM, Step, dxf, etc.) be used in the X games (or other games) ?

I recently started looking into making models for games and don't know a lot about the different software used. I used 3DStudio Max for a few months back when it first came out. I worked engineering well over a decade before computers were used to draw anything (all drawing boards), so I've used most of the CAD systems from the early days (AutoCAD, Microstation, etc.) but only a few of the newer systems.

Thanks

SirFrancisDrake
x4

Post by SirFrancisDrake » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 23:42

Code: Select all

Can models created from Rhino3D (3DM, Step, dxf, etc.) be used in the X games (or other games) ?
If Rhino3d can export the models as dae/collada, then it should work.

The best thing to do is to look at some tutorials for porting new ship models to XR/X4.

For example:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=414274

There are certain points to consider, so that you can successfully integrate your ships into the game.

Greetings,
SirFrancisDrake

Drumma

Post by Drumma » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 02:54

Thank you for your reply.

Rhino3D will save/export Collada (.dae) files. Good beans. It will export to dozens of file types including 3DS files.

nuff said ... have a nice day

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”