[MOD] More Missiles Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 16:16

I have to somewhat disagree, having a ROV controlled missile is useful in some cases especially if you are a decent distance away and don't feel like getting shot full of holes by plasma jet turrets. Using a ROV controlled missile allows you to do a surgical strike against certain dangerous elements that would otherwise make it a hindrance to try to take out at close range. With Novadrones I used this tactic to take out my fair share of such componates so I could cap ships. when you are 16 kms away from a target you can't just target a surface element as easily by pointing the mouse and hoping to click on it to target it for a fire and forget missile.

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 16:50

If you can target the ship, you can target all components. Use C and V to cycle through them. C to start from the bottom and get engines and jump drive, V to start from the top with weapons. Click the ship to reset the list. I never click on them. You can't click and fire fast enough to not get hit so I don't try. I use those keys to target what I want before I can even shoot it so I pop out lunch and hide again, or launch around a corner.

1.01 will be out soon that fixes the missile flights. Finally figured out what was messing them up. Tweaking the turn rates now. Speed is also being tapped down, cruise missiles will get a speed boost. Might keep the speed if I can get the missile to turn right.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 18:00

Mmm forgot about those keys lol

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 21. Mar 16, 23:15

Hey Nova I noticed something, Constrictor Missiles are still being sold, if you buy them from a Arms Merchant you're basically wasting money trying to buy them since they disappear into thin air. I sort of want these missiles to kinda come back since they are very, VERY handy in disabling the booster function of a ship. Ever since ES added that flee mechanic it's made it harder to cap ships and these missiles are extremely valuable in preventing them from fleeing.

I usually let the ship flee a distance before firing one of these missiles at it to stop it boosting, that way I'm out in the middle of nowhere where I won't be interrupted by local ships shooting my target or getting shot at by NPC's of a faction I just pissed off by attacking the ship I'm trying to cap.

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 03:14

Eh you convinced me. I'll add it back. Note this will "break" saves and require save editing. You are on your own for that.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 03:54

:lol: save editing isn't that hard now :P

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 19:20

guess it's easier to add those missiles back than it is to make new ones that have a similar function eh?

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 22:47

Actually I am thinking I will add the function to Cruise missiles. As well as doubling their max speed. Again.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 22:55

Sounds like a good idea I guess this way it makes the mod still game save safe?

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 23:37

Ya. still trying to get the light missiles to not jitter all over the place.

DeadMor0z
x4

Post by DeadMor0z » Tue, 21. Jun 16, 10:29

You can also put game on pause (Pause key by default) and have as much time as you want selecting needed target.

JDamien
xr

Update

Post by JDamien » Thu, 27. Apr 17, 17:06

Anyone happen to have any idea when/if this mod will get a 4.10 update?

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Mon, 10. Jul 17, 05:45

This mod works fine with 4.10, though currently Im trying to make it work with the ablionskunk2 mods :) Nova do you have any advice on how to make your mod work with that mod? xD

*edit* nevermind I got it :)
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

Reaper's Mod Index

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 19:24

Mod works but I can't buy or sell missiles, all merchants are empty :(

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 24. Dec 17, 23:21

An update recently moved Inventory item lists from setup.xml to libraries/parameters.xml. Changing a few lines will fix it, but i'm pretty drunk currently so i i'm not gonna look it up today. xD

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 26. Dec 17, 05:36

Understandable, take your time :D

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 27. Dec 17, 00:18

Requiemfang wrote:Understandable, take your time :D
Turns out that the way the author added missiles breaks alot more. Even before the patch changed the location for the itemlists he used a pretty messy way to add his missiles that basicly killed every other mod adding missiles aswell.

It's not my mod so i'm not allowed to change and reupload his files, but if u were to unpack his mod (i don't get why ppl pack their mods if uploaded somewhere else than steam), delete everything in the /md/ folder and copy this file in, then u should be good.

https://mega.nz/#%21JMgxwZTA%21OpLwA4H- ... CXKn59FwUE

If u don't know how to unpack his mod, lemme know. :)

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 27. Dec 17, 19:00

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Requiemfang wrote:Understandable, take your time :D
Turns out that the way the author added missiles breaks alot more. Even before the patch changed the location for the itemlists he used a pretty messy way to add his missiles that basicly killed every other mod adding missiles aswell.

It's not my mod so i'm not allowed to change and reupload his files, but if u were to unpack his mod (i don't get why ppl pack their mods if uploaded somewhere else than steam), delete everything in the /md/ folder and copy this file in, then u should be good.

https://mega.nz/#%21JMgxwZTA%21OpLwA4H- ... CXKn59FwUE

If u don't know how to unpack his mod, lemme know. :)
cool and no worries, I can manage extracting the files from the cat/dat files. It was just trying to narrow down the issue. I thought it better to see if anyone with more experience would be able to track it down so long as I gave the correct type of info and the issue I was running into.

Edit: turns out the mod author sort of basically took it upon himself to expand on a mod you did once upon a time.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 27. Dec 17, 21:16

Requiemfang wrote: Edit: turns out the mod author sort of basically took it upon himself to expand on a mod you did once upon a time.
I was glad actually. :)

I'm always hoping to inspire more ppl to get creative, and one thing i was always pretty bad at is actually balancing things.

He seemed to have invested a lot of time to bring lots of new missiletypes into the game, so i took my mod down some years ago knowing that there's a better balanced one available.

I'm sure Nova will get back here eventually to update it properly.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 27. Dec 17, 21:30

yeah either way that little fix you did worked perfectly. Won't work for games already in progress but it works for new games.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”