[MOD] More Missiles Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

phantum

Post by phantum » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 15:54

That's what I did, the default missiles work, but the added missiles don't show up.

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 17:35

phantum wrote:That's what I did, the default missiles work, but the added missiles don't show up.
Weird, I starred a new game and just noticed they were in the traders and I could pick them up and fire them like normal again,unsure as to why.

See look ---> http://imgur.com/a/gX78V
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

Reaper's Mod Index

phantum

Post by phantum » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 21:02

hmm that's interesting. are you running a lot of other mods? Maybe I have a conflict between something

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 06:52

Quite a few and not all are 4.0 compatible yet (I'm getting an annoying error when Im docked at anything that makes my sidebar freeze up, I cant walk and leave normally but I cant use the sidebar at all)

I disabled and re-enabled the mod, try doing that maybe?
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

Reaper's Mod Index

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 01:16

Updated to 0.95 on Steam and Nexus

-Updated for HoL and v4.00
-Reweighted fighter drops towards the lower end.
-Reweighted capital drops up.
-Updated drops for HoL.
-Fixed vendor setup as main gamed patched over new missile list.
Last edited by NovaCameron on Tue, 1. Mar 16, 06:31, edited 1 time in total.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 02:16

I see this mod has missiles that have nice blast zone radius eh? reminds of hammerhead missiles, firestorm torpedos and other such large radius warhead projectile weapons lol

phantum

Post by phantum » Wed, 2. Mar 16, 02:21

^.^ Thanks! :D

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Wed, 2. Mar 16, 07:48

0.96 on Steam and Nexus

Heavy and Light guided missiles two times more maneuverable.
Light Cluster missile range upped to 4km.
Fixed ranges and range descriptions for all but unguided.

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Wed, 2. Mar 16, 17:16

NovaCameron wrote:0.96 on Steam and Nexus

Heavy and Light guided missiles two times more maneuverable.
Light Cluster missile range upped to 4km.
Fixed ranges and range descriptions for all but unguided.[/quote

Glad to hear nova:)]

Reaper's Mod Index

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 23:22

Major Update

On Steam and Nexus

Rebalanced:
-Damage
-Fire Ratres
-Prices
-Cruise missile acceleration

I forgot to actually balance the missiles through DPS and cost per damage. Did so and rebalanced everything. You shouldn't exactly need a ship HP increase mod anymore but I think it makes it better. Damages went up and down, mostly down, fire rates increased mostly. Prices are more balanced now. Highest DPS is 75k. Lowest is 5k. Low end missiles less than 15k DPS. Midrange less than 30k DPS. High end above 30k DPS. Prices took a massive hit mostly though some of the higher end stuff increased.

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Sat, 5. Mar 16, 02:21

0.98 Second rebalance sweep

Oops. I nerfed the low end missles too much.
-Fixed nerfed missiles
-Fixed explosion range now bigger! (Had it marked bigger and wasn't implimented.)
-bumped DPS back up to a normal 10k-100k range
-Prices adjusted accordingly
-Swarm missiles have a lot more damage
-DPS gradient is nice and smooth now.

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Mon, 7. Mar 16, 22:10

v0.99 Third Rebalance Sweep

-Rebalanced Acceleration and Speed in all missiles
-Cruise missiles now have a 16km range
-Halved blast radii - blast range was a radius and was way too big for what I wanted. Now halved to make SOME sense.
-Fixed missile speeds - anything over 1000m/s ends up overwhelming the game's postition update resulting is odd missile paths and really poor hits.
-Fixed missile acceleration - This is where speed improvement comes in. All missiles had a 2-2.5 second acceleration time and turn rates. This is fixed:
-Swarms have a .25 second acceleration and turn rate
-Heavy swarms have a .5 second acceleration and turn rate
-Light guided have a .25 second acceleration and turn rate
-Heavy guilded have a .5 second acceleration and turn rate
-Cruise missiles have a 1 second acceleration and turn rate
-Dumb fire acceleration has been constrained neither accelerating too fast (over 1000m/s) or too slow (under 300m/s)
-Dumb fires are safer as they fire out of their blast range from your ship within a second.

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Wed, 9. Mar 16, 23:40

v1.00 Drop and Cost Tweaks, Added Descriptions

-Lowered cost for some missiles to equalize Cost/Damage efficiency
-Raised drop rates and smoothed the missile type gradient to increase drops as a source of missiles and increase the chance of higher missiles in each type category to drop
-Added useful info descriptions to each missile so the details of each missile are easily found - for once

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 02:44

Just curious since you got rid of torpedo's which basically = novadrones. In the OP it says they are replaced with cruise missiles, are any of these cruise missiles able to be player controlled like the novadrone?

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 05:18

No. The only reason that the novadrones exist is that vanilla missiles retargeted if they couldn't reach their target after a certain about of time. This has been removed from them so they will go and go and go and try to hit what you wanted to. They will NOT retarget or change from where you wanted to hit. Which is the only reason novadrones would exist for you to control where they hit. With guided missiles you can fire them and not worry about them not hitting what you wanted. Thus killing groups of sub components if you target them is easy as well as faster.

I also found it hard to control and boring. So I thought why not fire a missile and be done with it? Fire and target the next group and fire or fly to fight fighters.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 16:16

I have to somewhat disagree, having a ROV controlled missile is useful in some cases especially if you are a decent distance away and don't feel like getting shot full of holes by plasma jet turrets. Using a ROV controlled missile allows you to do a surgical strike against certain dangerous elements that would otherwise make it a hindrance to try to take out at close range. With Novadrones I used this tactic to take out my fair share of such componates so I could cap ships. when you are 16 kms away from a target you can't just target a surface element as easily by pointing the mouse and hoping to click on it to target it for a fire and forget missile.

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 16:50

If you can target the ship, you can target all components. Use C and V to cycle through them. C to start from the bottom and get engines and jump drive, V to start from the top with weapons. Click the ship to reset the list. I never click on them. You can't click and fire fast enough to not get hit so I don't try. I use those keys to target what I want before I can even shoot it so I pop out lunch and hide again, or launch around a corner.

1.01 will be out soon that fixes the missile flights. Finally figured out what was messing them up. Tweaking the turn rates now. Speed is also being tapped down, cruise missiles will get a speed boost. Might keep the speed if I can get the missile to turn right.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 18:00

Mmm forgot about those keys lol

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 21. Mar 16, 23:15

Hey Nova I noticed something, Constrictor Missiles are still being sold, if you buy them from a Arms Merchant you're basically wasting money trying to buy them since they disappear into thin air. I sort of want these missiles to kinda come back since they are very, VERY handy in disabling the booster function of a ship. Ever since ES added that flee mechanic it's made it harder to cap ships and these missiles are extremely valuable in preventing them from fleeing.

I usually let the ship flee a distance before firing one of these missiles at it to stop it boosting, that way I'm out in the middle of nowhere where I won't be interrupted by local ships shooting my target or getting shot at by NPC's of a faction I just pissed off by attacking the ship I'm trying to cap.

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 03:14

Eh you convinced me. I'll add it back. Note this will "break" saves and require save editing. You are on your own for that.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”