[MOD] More Missiles Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 12:29

I think that the problem might be that

name='unit_player_ship_macro'

should be set to:

name='unit_player_ship_a_macro'
name='unit_player_ship_b_macro'
name='unit_player_ship_c_macro'

in their respective files.

or just using sel="//weapons" might work too since there don't appear to be any other <weapons> nodes. Simplifies it since you could use that xpath for all four ship macros.

ps. Yup, getting this in my debuglog:
debuglog wrote:[=ERROR=] Cannot match path '/macros/macro[@name='unit_player_ship_macro']/properties/weapons' in patch file 'extensions\MoreMissilesMod\assets\units\player\macros\unit_player_ship_a_macro'. Skipping node.
edit: Tested with sel="//weapons"
Bought a load of different kinds of missiles in the Aspiring Merchant start, and started firing them at a Targon Tracer. Missiles all fired. Was having a blast, until the station started firing back and the Skunk blew up.

I would suggest that the vanilla missiles be sort of translated into counterparts in More Missiles rather than completely removed. That way, the game starts and md-generated drops, such as in the plot, if any, would still produce missiles which would make sense in the context of the MoreMissiles mod rather than producing nothing. Just a suggestion though. Your mod, so your call.

Spieler195583
x4

Post by Spieler195583 » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 18:40

Thanks w.evans, you're right, I managed to get the missiles into the savegame. Then there is only one thing left I'd like to know, will the weapons dealers sell the new missiles? (currently they don't sell anything) Or is there anything I can do to make them selling? In short: Will weapons dealers reinit their warelists or will they not?

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 19:05

They did when I tried it, but that was a fresh game start. I don't know if they'll sell anything if the mod is installed into an existing game, and the Skunk's macro altered.

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 19:19

No they will not. I will attempt to post a save edit list on steam and nexus, and here like I did for getting the ship to work. But wares require lots of edits. Probably this weekend.

Start fixes and missile edits soon.

I have decided not to include missiles in the starts.

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 20:06

Fixed All Game Starts. (Missiles are excluded by design.)
Removed EMP missle from wares file. (If you have a save you will still have it. It will still be unusable.)
Decrease Dumbfire missile reload times slightly for higher ones.
Increased Medium Guided reload times slightly.
Decreased Heavy Guided reload times slightly.
Rebalanced Light Swarm missile blast 40-80m, increase of 10m per level.
Decreased Heave Swarm missile blast to 160m.
Rebalanced All Guided missile blasts to 15m per level starting at 45m.
Guided missiles have about 40% the blast of dumbfire to differentiate. (45 vs 100, ect.)

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Sun, 18. Jan 15, 19:37

Future plans note from Steam:

Gun and ship changes will come after 1.00. Will overhaul every weapon in the game. Only thing really keeping me from moving faster is that the game isn't taking my missile trail textures. I have no clue why. If I can't change missiles trail textures how will I change bullet textures? A few more tweaks (0.00.5), new descriptions (0.01), and explosion optimization (0.01) will get me to 0.96. Trails would get me 0.98. Working ware files would get me 1.00, but I still don't know how to actually code them yet. Thinking of just making them inventory creation which would allow you to merge certain missile parts together to create missiles. Worry about station manufacture later.

If anyone has tips about textures it would help. The tutorial helps me zero. I need details like, exact texture formatting, exact .gz compression data, NOT 'Oh just save it as the same format and compress into .gz' helps me none. Cause it does not tells me WHERE i can actually find that info. It also doesn't work.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sun, 18. Jan 15, 19:42

I remember that your material_library.xml was being skipped because
material_library.xml wrote:<?xml version="0.1" encoding="utf-8"?>
should read xml version="1.0" ?

Looks like missile trail information. Mass replace 1.0 -> 0.1?

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Sun, 18. Jan 15, 20:10

Nah, I fixed that. I got magenta trails with that error. This is something else... The trails just simply aren't there. Like it is failing to render it with the fx.

This:
<emitter name="trail_missile_violet_dumbfire" type="trail_missile_violet_dumbfire">

Links to this:

<add sel="/effects">
<effect name="trail_missile_violet_dumbfire" duration="2.0" width="2.0" taper="0.5" fadestart="0.0">
<parameters>
<material name="trails.missiletrail_violet">
</material>
</parameters >
</effect>
</add>

Which links to this:

<add sel="/materiallibrary/collection[@name='trails']">
<material name="missiletrail_violet" shader="shaderfx\high\XU_particles.fx" blendmode="additive" preview="none">
<properties>
<property type="BitMap" name="diffuse_map" value="assets\fx\textures\missiletrail_lightpurple"></property>
</properties>
</material>
</add>

The coding is right.... Just the texture doesn't show. I can point it to the original texture and BAM trails. So it is right but the texture is messed up...

Ulcator

Post by Ulcator » Sat, 21. Feb 15, 22:13

Hello,

Im using the „MoreMissilesMod“
I tried to lower the prices for the missiles, because earning 100 million before DeVries, just by picking up missiles isnt what i had in Mind.
I used Notepad++ to open the dat file and cut the prices by 2/3. After saving, the Names of the missiles ingame are Lost – “TextolNofound”
The missiles themselves still work, just no names.
Up to Line 263 there is only Gibberish in the File

¿Wz|ÿ¦Ë¦a>>öô¬XËà÷hSû￾BJÿÞ ¿ ™￾ œž¿~‚χÊö´þ½ êÏÏKä|àNdç￾Fì-Ûçç# ª??T?äóô¼wÓï÷¦áü‡†2×-”"Üù³Ke|1¿@zkÓïçª5%ËÅw4 ýâ}ÏjQ¥89A>`ögÞÿç£?o?ÝIË Ô?ˆ¡^‘ð| E -XŸ￾s9 ˜þ •~ªÊÕ 1IŠŽ»_ßÏ -¯_çòíÁëá0ŽÏ”i¿pX ý£^ÿà $}6ÖP+ <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

After Line 264 there starts the proper Code.

How can I save the mod, so the names will be shown ingame properly?

Thanks a lot in Advance!

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 21. Feb 15, 22:24

Hi Ulcator,

Oof. Never tried editing the .dat file directly, although I imagine that you'll have to edit the .cat file as well since the locations of particular files are in the .cat.

Easiest way to edit this mod would be to get a copy from the Nexus since you'll get the loose xml files that way, and it would be much easier to edit those.

If you like tweaking, it would also be generally useful to get the "X Rebirth Tools" from Steam. With that, you can unpack files from .cat/.dat files into loose files for easy tweaking.

Ulcator

Post by Ulcator » Sat, 21. Feb 15, 23:48

Thanks, downloaded from nexus and edoted the right file, now it works :-)

phantum

Post by phantum » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 09:01

any plans to update this?

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 18:06

phantum wrote:any plans to update this?
it seems to be working with 4.0

**EDIT** The mod is NOT working with 4.0, no missiles show up at any vendor
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

Reaper's Mod Index

phantum

Post by phantum » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 06:11

nor can you select them on your ship :o

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 07:31

Actually...Mine just started working upon starting a new game on 4.0

try on yours and see if that works :?
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

Reaper's Mod Index

phantum

Post by phantum » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 15:54

That's what I did, the default missiles work, but the added missiles don't show up.

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 17:35

phantum wrote:That's what I did, the default missiles work, but the added missiles don't show up.
Weird, I starred a new game and just noticed they were in the traders and I could pick them up and fire them like normal again,unsure as to why.

See look ---> http://imgur.com/a/gX78V

Reaper's Mod Index

phantum

Post by phantum » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 21:02

hmm that's interesting. are you running a lot of other mods? Maybe I have a conflict between something

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 06:52

Quite a few and not all are 4.0 compatible yet (I'm getting an annoying error when Im docked at anything that makes my sidebar freeze up, I cant walk and leave normally but I cant use the sidebar at all)

I disabled and re-enabled the mod, try doing that maybe?

Reaper's Mod Index

NovaCameron
xr

Post by NovaCameron » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 01:16

Updated to 0.95 on Steam and Nexus

-Updated for HoL and v4.00
-Reweighted fighter drops towards the lower end.
-Reweighted capital drops up.
-Updated drops for HoL.
-Fixed vendor setup as main gamed patched over new missile list.
Last edited by NovaCameron on Tue, 1. Mar 16, 06:31, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”