[MOD] More Missiles Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 16:45

JDamien wrote:I wound up having to use a save editor to remove all the More Missiles flags from my save game files
Be careful with this. Those flags are voluntarily set by us to indicate that simply deleting the mod will likely break the save, and the ways in which saves can be broken can be very non-obvious, and may not become apparent until after many hours of game play.

That said, i haven't looked into this mod in a very long time, so am unsure what consequences, if any, there could be of forcing a save to load with this mod removed.

JDamien
xr

Post by JDamien » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 02:25

Well I deleted it from mine and I did notice when I went back and checked that while it loads and plays fine (I finished the entire storyline and am now getting ready to load in The War mod) when you buy the missiles (Or when I did) I have a "Blank" spot on my missile select thing on the screen I had to page through a few times to get it working but the blank spot is always there I am guessing due to some line of code injected by the More missiles the editor can't remove not sure. Like I said though Mine are working fine just with that blank spot in the missile choices.

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Mon, 4. Jun 18, 10:07

i gave up on this and started a new game. i used the editor to give me enough money to rebuy what i had before.

this mod should be removed or marked new game. only at least.
[ external image ]
Asus Tuf A17 Ryzen 7 - 4800h, GTX 1660ti, 16mb ram, ssd drive. win 11.

JDamien
xr

Re: [MOD] More Missiles Mod

Post by JDamien » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 06:45

Out of curiosity I know it's been a while but I went back to give Rebirth another stroll through and was gonna use this mod and now I can't figure out how to get it working again. I know there's a file replace post up further but have no idea what he's talking about or where to find the /md/ folder that he mentions, any help is appreciated.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 14:50

JDamien wrote:
Mon, 29. Nov 21, 06:45
Out of curiosity I know it's been a while but I went back to give Rebirth another stroll through and was gonna use this mod and now I can't figure out how to get it working again. I know there's a file replace post up further but have no idea what he's talking about or where to find the /md/ folder that he mentions, any help is appreciated.
NEXUS
24 April 2017, 4:58AM
Doesn't work for 4.10 can't even get it to enable sadly.
folder inside cat / dat files

you can unpack the mod with this tool

https://www.egosoft.com/download/x_rebi ... wnload=589

JDamien
xr

Post by JDamien » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 03:49

alexalsp wrote:
Mon, 29. Nov 21, 14:50
JDamien wrote:
Mon, 29. Nov 21, 06:45
NEXUS
24 April 2017, 4:58AM
Doesn't work for 4.10 can't even get it to enable sadly.
folder inside cat / dat files

you can unpack the mod with this tool

https://www.egosoft.com/download/x_rebi ... wnload=589
Yeah I saw that but no clue how that thing works I tried to use the XRCatToolGUI.exe to unpack the Cat/Dat files but couldn't get it to work lol (User error I'm sure).

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 12:29

OK.

After I started browsing and changing the files in the MD folder, I found the message above: It saved my time. I haven't done this for a long time. ))

viewtopic.php?p=4695247#p4695247

and changed some files. I placed the old versions of the files in the archives.

Now it works, but you need to check.

The author removes the standard vanilla rockets and adds his own. I don't know why ... The author could add his own without deleting the original ones.

But this is the author's decision.

More Missiles Mod Fix v.1.10 30-11-2021 - for XR 4.30

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CE2wzn ... sp=sharing

JDamien
xr

Post by JDamien » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 19:09

alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 12:29
OK.

After I started browsing and changing the files in the MD folder, I found the message above: It saved my time. I haven't done this for a long time. ))

viewtopic.php?p=4695247#p4695247

and changed some files. I placed the old versions of the files in the archives.

Now it works, but you need to check.

The author removes the standard vanilla rockets and adds his own. I don't know why ... The author could add his own without deleting the original ones.

But this is the author's decision.

More Missiles Mod Fix v.1.10 30-11-2021 - for XR 4.30

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CE2wzn ... sp=sharing
Ok, so, just to be positive I just use this mod instead of the workshop[ one?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 22:47

This mod adds new rockets with their own characteristics. Seminars were not mentioned at all in the mod or in the description of the mod. These are different things.

You buy skunk rockets from a dealer.

JDamien
xr

Post by JDamien » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 22:52

alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 30. Nov 21, 22:47
This mod adds new rockets with their own characteristics. Seminars were not mentioned at all in the mod or in the description of the mod. These are different things.

You buy skunk rockets from a dealer.
Not sure where Seminars came in I don't even use those sorry. I am just trying to figure out how to get the more missiles thing working nothing else. I'm not even sure how to use the file from your post link here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CE2wzn ... sp=sharing

if you drop the folder full of loose files in the extensions folder it has trouble loading it but if you side load the zip file through a Mod Manager it goes in but you wind up right back to the dealers having no missiles. Have to say extremely lost and confused at the moment.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 02:04

Unsubscribe from mod in Steam or remove old mod. Unpack folder from the archive into the extensions folder. Start the game and enjoy. The missiles are sold from arms dealers.

JDamien
xr

Post by JDamien » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 19:14

alexalsp wrote:
Wed, 1. Dec 21, 02:04
Unsubscribe from mod in Steam or remove old mod. Unpack folder from the archive into the extensions folder. Start the game and enjoy. The missiles are sold from arms dealers.
Probably a dumb question but better safe than sorry, after I unzip/unrar the file into the extension folder do I need to toggle either of the options in the in game extensions section? I.E. the Subscribe or Update options in the in game extensions section.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 21:33

You need to unsubscribe from the old version of the mod in Steam if you subscribed. If not, then just copy the folder from the archive to the extensions folder.

In the game, in the extensions section, opposite this mod should be ON.

Or, as an option, leave a subscription to the mod, if you are subscribed, and copy the files from the folder in the archive to the mod folder with the replacement cat / dat files.

JDamien
xr

Post by JDamien » Wed, 1. Dec 21, 23:56

alexalsp wrote:
Wed, 1. Dec 21, 21:33
You need to unsubscribe from the old version of the mod in Steam if you subscribed. If not, then just copy the folder from the archive to the extensions folder.

In the game, in the extensions section, opposite this mod should be ON.

Or, as an option, leave a subscription to the mod, if you are subscribed, and copy the files from the folder in the archive to the mod folder with the replacement cat / dat files.
I guess I'm just going to have to give up on the mod as sad as it is, I started a new game yesterday without the More missiles been playing it yesterday/last night and some of today. I just tried to put in the mod "Unrar'ed the file into the extensions folder" then I togged the setting in game to yes and for some reason it resubscribed me to the workshop mod and screwed the save again. No idea what's going on with this thing at this point.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”