[MOD] AutoLooter (ver0.6 March 14 2015)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Informer
x4

Post by Informer » Tue, 30. Dec 14, 04:06

Nice work, thanks m8. :D
Information is power. But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves (Aaron Swartz you will live forever)

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 30. Dec 14, 04:19

euclid wrote:Na, even worse with the latest version, ware containers with non-inventory items are left in space.
Maybe get a freighter every now and then to collect the remaining goodies? Uhh, and go sell your overload of missiles so the AutoLooter can fill you up with new shiny ones :D
Cheers Euclid
Yea, might have to do that, gee I got 3 shipyards, I guess I can browse through them and find a nice fast freighter to build for that job :D
Hmm, it's a pity I cannot sell my missiles to my own shipyards...
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

manpapper
x4

Post by manpapper » Fri, 2. Jan 15, 18:49

is this on steam workshop?

GT500

Post by GT500 » Tue, 6. Jan 15, 06:38

euclid,

Great mod, one small request.

Can you have the menu to collect items re-trigger when you do a new scan and not just when you first go into Long Range Scan mode.

When doing active scanning, it would be nice if the mod rechecks for nearby loot every time a new scan is completed. This way one can stay in Long range scan mode and not have to keep exiting and re entering Long Range Scan mode just to trigger the Menu to collect loot.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 6. Jan 15, 14:50

Hi manpapper & GT500 :-)

@ manpapper: All my mod are on Nexus but you will find mods of my mods on other sites like the Steam Worskshop.

@ GT500: That was the original idea but unfortunately firing the LRS is not covered by any event and hence I cannot use it as a trigger.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

GT500

Post by GT500 » Tue, 6. Jan 15, 15:18

euclid wrote:Hi manpapper & GT500 :-)

@ manpapper: All my mod are on Nexus but you will find mods of my mods on other sites like the Steam Worskshop.

@ GT500: That was the original idea but unfortunately firing the LRS is not covered by any event and hence I cannot use it as a trigger.

Cheers Euclid
Thanks for the Reply,

Ahh that it too bad about having no trigger to work from. May I make an adjusted suggestion with that new information in mind. Can you make a version of you mod that once you enter LRS mode, that it loops on a timer to check automatically every 5-10 seconds (or whatever time makes sense) for any loot near by?

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Fri, 9. Jan 15, 14:15

Thanks for all your great mods!

Would you mind putting your mods in the steam workshop?

What's the distance of the looter? 25km or 50km? (I'd like to make it a bit smaller)

best

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 9. Jan 15, 14:25

oliverjanda wrote:What's the distance of the looter? 25km or 50km?
I assumed it was zone-wide. Isn't it?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 9. Jan 15, 16:37

Hi oliverjanda :-)
oliverjanda wrote: ....
Would you mind putting your mods in the steam workshop?
Nope, sorry, all my mod are on Nexus only so there are no conflicts when other players publish their mods of any of my mods.
oliverjanda wrote: What's the distance of the looter? 25km or 50km? (I'd like to make it a bit smaller)
The range is 25km which is the radar range of the skunk. If you like to change that for your personal use then just replace the '25km' here:

Code: Select all

<match_distance object="player.primaryship" max="25km"/>
Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Apscondo
x4

Post by Apscondo » Sat, 10. Jan 15, 13:14

bei mir zeigt der zwar an, dass crates da sind, aber der sammelt nie ein, hab genügend freien raum.

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Sat, 10. Jan 15, 13:54

Thx, found and changed the range.

More people would use your mods if they were available on steam. But that's your decision... I'm glad I found your mods.

Would it be possible to introduce a button for looting into the scanner sidebar? To make the looter (or even the autotrader, see YAT) activation more convenient.

Best

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 10. Jan 15, 14:47

Hallo Abscondo :-)

Es werden nur Munitionskisten und Inventarwaren eingesammelt. Wenn Du die Nachricht bekommst, dass Kisten nicht eingesammelt wurden, dann sind es entweder Waren die das Spielerschiff nicht transportieren kann, oder es handlet sich um Munition (Raketen) und Du hast schon zuviele davon.
Bitte ueberpruefe das mal und wenn es nicht daran liegt dan bitte schicke mir Dein gezipptes Savegame per Email.

@ oliverjanda: I am aware that there are some UI hacks out there but I prefer to wait for the developers to release an official tool/script command to include a custom sidebar menu. ;-)

Cheers Euclid

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sun, 11. Jan 15, 16:05

Autoloot doesn't seem to collect 'unidentified artifacts', dropped from nividium asteroids in my test case here while hunting eggs.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sun, 11. Jan 15, 17:46

Thanks Yorrick :-)

Edit:

My initial test was flawed because the drop must come from an asteroid and not from the crate. So I've added a field of nividum asteroids and stated shooting. All drops including the artefacts were collected without problems.

So, in short, I cannot reproduce the problem you have descibed.

Cheers Euclid

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 13. Jan 15, 13:35

New version uploaded - see OP for details.

Cheers Euclid

NightlinerSGS
x4

Post by NightlinerSGS » Mon, 9. Mar 15, 20:30

It appears the Autolooter has stopped working in 3.50 RC1, I'm not getting the prompt to collect everything anymore after activating the long range scanner.
Edit: It was working fine as of Beta 3 though.

dan92d

Post by dan92d » Mon, 9. Mar 15, 20:41

NightlinerSGS wrote:It appears the Autolooter has stopped working in 3.50 RC1, I'm not getting the prompt to collect everything anymore after activating the long range scanner.
I confirm, with 3.50 Beta 3 there was no problem, but with 3.50 RC1 it does not work.

NightlinerSGS
x4

Post by NightlinerSGS » Mon, 9. Mar 15, 20:48

dan92d wrote:
NightlinerSGS wrote:It appears the Autolooter has stopped working in 3.50 RC1, I'm not getting the prompt to collect everything anymore after activating the long range scanner.
I confirm, with 3.50 Beta 3 there was no problem, but with 3.50 RC1 it does not work.
To be more specific: It says "Auto Looter: No crates detected" in the logbook, but there are collectible crates floating right in front of my ship.
Can you confirm this?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 9. Mar 15, 23:15

Thanks NightlinerSGS & dan92d :-)

It seems the command

<find_object_component name="$targets" object="player.zone" class="class.drop" multiple="true" >
</find_object_component>
is not working anymore. If you substitute that by

<find_object name="$targets" class="class.drop" multiple="true" space="player.zone">
</find_object>
then it works fine. As a workaround for now please just delete "_component" (4 times in EuclidsAutoLooterStart.xml). If this is intended rather than a bug then I'll upload a corrected version.

Cheers Euclid

dan92d

Post by dan92d » Tue, 10. Mar 15, 00:16

Euclid: Thanks, now it works fine!!

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”