[MOD] Capital Ship Bridge

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Litauen
xr

[MOD] Capital Ship Bridge

Post by Litauen » Sun, 14. Sep 14, 23:27

[ external image ]

Mod adds bridge to the capital ships (L and XL) and provides Crew taxi service.

Version history:
Minor update to previous version by Armodeus and alexalsp (link).
2.49 DE and RUS language update, and a display bug fixed (alexalsp link).
2.47 Passenger Engineers can now repair the Skunk (alexalsp link).
2.46 alexalsp update for Armodeus version (link).
2.40_updated Armodeus update for Rebirth v4.0 (link).
2.40 Vulture, Albatross, Crane, Phoenix, Condor bridge placement fix
2.35 IT/RU lang for taxi service, Onil bridge fix, Fields of Opportunity maps
2.30 Crew taxi service
2.20 Crew quarters, Albion sector maps
2.15 Far Out sector map, Dyn.Galaxy Map multi-language support
2.11 Fix for Styrvok Viewing Platforms
2.10 Viewing Platforms
2.04 Guns
2.00 Dynamic Galaxy Map
1.95 Static Galaxy Map
1.92 Announcements fix + pancakes
1.90 Hack Terminals
1.81 Hull/Shields text placement fix for 3.00beta
1.80 Holo Monitors for the Captain
1.73 Boosting announcements, clean debug log
1.70 Working doors/airlocks
1.60 Hull/Shields Dynamic Announcements
1.51 Less frequent announcements
1.50 Bridge announcements
1.46 Shield generator's sound disabled, new bridge ambient added
1.45 Fix to Fulmekron/Construction Vessel bridge placement, attempt to solve rare falling problem
1.42 Fix for better/faster environment drawing
1.41 Fix for active NPCs locations
1.40 Skunk in the garage, captain's room, engineer's room, more NPCs
1.31 Starting position fix for the player
1.30 Landing platform with Skunk is back, position fixes on all ships for better view
1.24 Security and operators
1.20 Sitting crew, Skunk button, less lights, holo display, more monitors
1.10 Workplaces with monitors
1.00 Initial release

Known problem with flickering shadows. This is engine's limitation. Can't do nothing at the moment.

NOTE: When removing mod, do not save in the bridge.

Link for the older v2.40: Download/Subscribe from Steam (see above for updated versions).

POPULAR REQUEST to implement active consoles/monitors/radar/etc - Don't know how to do it yet.

Edit: Hyperlink added to a post with an update for this splendid mod provided by Armodeus and alexalsp - Sparky
Last edited by Litauen on Sat, 28. Mar 15, 15:54, edited 34 times in total.

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 15. Sep 14, 00:31

Thank you Thank you Thank you :D

** Rushes off to subscribe and look at my brand new bridge :) **
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 15. Sep 14, 01:02

Super :)

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 15. Sep 14, 01:54

And here is the first view of my newly captured Titurel from the brand new bridge :)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/535 ... 8E098DAD2/

So far I have crossed 2 galaxies on it, and it really feels like I am on a proper bridge rather than a landing platform...

Amazing work :thumb_up:
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Mon, 15. Sep 14, 10:55

I have two questions:

Uninstallation - can I simply delete the mod to make everything normal?

Is this bridge on all capships, or just on the Titurel?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 15. Sep 14, 11:04

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:I have two questions:

Uninstallation - can I simply delete the mod to make everything normal?

Is this bridge on all capships, or just on the Titurel?
1. i wouldnt recommend to be on a bridge during removal, and it is probably better to fly around in the Sector to unload/remove all bridges before (they are created on demand and are not persistent) - but yes, you can remove it ;) (same aapplies to installation)

2. the Bridge is replaced on all Capships, but just tested on the Titurel ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Re: [MOD] Capital Ship Bridge

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Mon, 15. Sep 14, 22:14

Litauen wrote:Suggestions welcome.
One little suggestion if I may :)
Have a ramp going down to the very front and a walkway around the glass area so that we can wander down and look out from the very edge :)

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 16. Sep 14, 02:07

Finally :D

Thanks man I think im going to start playing XR again :wink:
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

oldviper585

Post by oldviper585 » Tue, 16. Sep 14, 02:38

Small problem. The 5 star crew mod does not work with your mod. Had the same problem with the remove boarding cut scene mod. Any ideas?

Thanks

Old viper

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Tue, 16. Sep 14, 10:56

:o Now that's talking about mods :lol:

Wonderful work, even in those early stages! I still cannot test this first hand (waiting for 2.5 to go official), but seeing from the video and feedback it's definitely the next thing to subscribe in the workshop...by the way, just discovered also your Station Announcements mod, instant classic :D, kudos for that also!

Would not surprise me if, with a bit more of polish, this mod goes the way of NESA (being integrated as part of a next build of the game, that is)...I'm wondering if linolafett noticed this yet....

Keep up the work! (and btw...did you really learn to edit a complex model in blender in two days? I've not been able to modify a cube in a year of trying :D)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 16. Sep 14, 11:27

Aken_Bosch wrote:(...I've not been able to modify a cube in a year of trying :D)
Don't feel bad - as Borg, your subconscious probably prevents you improving on perfection :)

You're right about those announcements, they are great. With them audible outside stations, I sometimes find myself slowing down to listen to them before boosting off to a highway :D

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 16. Sep 14, 13:27

Just noticed that in ONE day you got 101 subscribers to your mod :) - great work...

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Tue, 16. Sep 14, 16:37

Just made my very first ever video :D

Showing off the new bridge..

http://youtu.be/Be8iCM8BzRY
Last edited by NZ-Wanderer on Wed, 17. Sep 14, 01:04, edited 1 time in total.

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Tue, 16. Sep 14, 16:48

The Capital Ship Bridge mod changed everything for ever....

Litauen
xr

Post by Litauen » Tue, 16. Sep 14, 17:06

@NZ-Wanderer
One little suggestion if I may
Have a ramp going down to the very front and a walkway around the glass area so that we can wander down and look out from the very edge
if you go down from the ramp you would see holes in the model currently, so maybe in the future

@oldviper585
Small problem. The 5 star crew mod does not work with your mod. Had the same problem with the remove boarding cut scene mod. Any ideas?
I checked the code of this mod and could not see any code which could interefere with the bridge mod. What happens when you use these mods together?

@Aken_Bosch
(and btw...did you really learn to edit a complex model in blender in two days? I've not been able to modify a cube in a year of trying)
I had experience with 3DMax many years ago, so Blender with some online tutorials is quite easy to grasp

@Sparky Sparkycorp
You're right about those announcements, they are great. With them audible outside stations, I sometimes find myself slowing down to listen to them before boosting off to a highway
Really? I was not aware of this that announcements are played OUTSIDE the stations. Should you be in the station when they start and then quickly leave the station to hear them?

Can I use this sentence as testimonial in the Station Announcements page?

---

Currently dissecting Skunk cockpit, will try to master some platform from its parts for the monitors in front of empty chairs:

[ external image ]

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 16. Sep 14, 18:03

Litauen wrote: I was not aware of this that announcements are played OUTSIDE the stations. Should you be in the station when they start and then quickly leave the station to hear them?
Yes, I think I have been hearing them after undocking (I will reply again if I hear them without undocking). It doesn't feel odd since you can imagine some being of interest to ships nearby.
Litauen wrote: Can I use this sentence as testimonial in the Station Announcements page?
Yes, feel free to use the quote if you like =D
Litauen wrote: Currently dissecting Skunk cockpit, will try to master some platform from its parts for the monitors in front of empty chairs:
Awesome.

Dangerously, this give me another idea… If there was a way to make more doors or panels in the Skunk interactive*, perhaps you could ‘teleport’ the player in some of these ways:

1. From Main Entrance to the Cargobay (people always ask about this, lol).
2. From Meeting Room to the toilet :) OK, maybe not...
3. From Meeting Room out the airlock and into a Drone (ideally without drone HUD) as a pretend spacesuit.

4. Or perhaps trigger external view from a monitor in Main Entrance.

*(I have no idea if that is possible. Perhaps by using the code and graphics for the cockpit door button within the Main Entrance Area?)

...sorry, got a bit carried away.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 16. Sep 14, 18:30

I can confirm that Station Announcements often play after undocking. Presumably they trigger while still on the platform, but the audio might not start until after you've been in space for a second or two.

I'm not complaining, though -- both Station Announcements and the bridge project here really enhance the game atmosphere.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 16. Sep 14, 18:42

i just made some small compatibility tests: as i thought i need some smaller Logos - and this chair has to go :P - and there are other nice places where i could put some Logos.. but first things first - i need to create the smaller Logo Variants ^^ but before i start whith the time-consuming work of placing the Logos i would lie to know if the interior will stay roughly the same or if there are bigger changes planned ^^
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 16. Sep 14, 20:20

UniTrader wrote:other
That was the very first thing I thought were they would fit! :D
I don't know if placing them on the ground would be such a good idea :/ At least I don't like it. :P Maybe a few small ones placed everywhere.

@Litauen
Sometimes I hear station announcements in highways. Actually from all station announcements outside of stations nearly everyone was in highways. Maybe just a coincidence.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Litauen
xr

Post by Litauen » Tue, 16. Sep 14, 21:05

@Vim Razz/Tamina - thank you, I will look into this highway announcements thing

@UniTrader - maybe on the ceiling? I am planning to move bridge to other coordinates but this should not impact ceiling at least

@Sparky Sparkycorp
perhaps you could ‘teleport’ the player in some of these ways
Yes, I am thinking about this also. I will add some props into the bridge in short time, then I want to restore landing platform with the Skunk. Shame to loose such beauty. Here I face a problem. I want to land on the landing platform, get out of the Skunk and go to the bridge somehow. This should feel logical and help immersion.

I can think of the following ways:

1. Long corridor as in station - easy to make, poor immersion, because short corridor feels bad on huge ship, long corridor - too boring to use every time
2. Stairs + corridor - lame
3. Working elevator as in some levels which you need to press - super lame, looks crappy
4. Elevator with magic button which would teleport player to the bridge - button is easy, teleportation - no idea how to make it happen, great immersion (maybe I can play some video during 'teleportation' also)

I searched through basic and md functions but could not find a way to move player from one place to another on the same station/platform. Some pointers from devs would help.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”