[MOD] Yet Another Trader v2.03c (updated 11th March '16)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 29. Feb 16, 00:40

Get the kids hooked, jack up the price ;)
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Mon, 29. Feb 16, 15:05

Hi Yorrick, someone using your mod having problems with the ships going in the wrong direction, seems to affect NPC ships, so not sure where lays the problem. Much appreciated if you could have a look.

Link:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/2870/disc ... 720828793/
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 29. Feb 16, 16:33

Known issue but I don't think it's mine because YAT ships use vanilla movement code. Please bug the devs on this and post reproduction saves with manually ordered ships in tech support forum!

dez505
x4

Post by dez505 » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 05:07

Same, Only in the terracorp system this happens, with and without YAT's.

tylitalo
x4

Post by tylitalo » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 09:03

I'm enjoying using your mod - nice work!

But I *think* I've encountered an annoyance, and I'm not sure it's brought about by this mod.

To explain, I've got a station (Hardware supplier) set to manufacture Reinforced Metal Plating in Darned Hot Air. Because I want to keep the platings for my own use, I set them to "restrict trade to other factions" only for the Reinforced Metal Plating.

I know I haven't manually taken any of the product from the station, but I've just gone looking for some to build another station, and there are none in the station's storage. Will the mod potentially "transfer items from station" to sell them elsewhere?

Also, I'm not sure but I think the mod's traders also sold off my Nvidium cubes from the same station, which are a resource only. Any way I can inspect to figure out what happened, or am I shooting blanks here?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 09:53

tylitalo wrote: To explain, I've got a station (Hardware supplier) set to manufacture Reinforced Metal Plating in Darned Hot Air. Because I want to keep the platings for my own use, I set them to "restrict trade to other factions" only for the Reinforced Metal Plating.

I know I haven't manually taken any of the product from the station, but I've just gone looking for some to build another station, and there are none in the station's storage. Will the mod potentially "transfer items from station" to sell them elsewhere?
According to the guide text on the wiki, "Restrict Trade To Other Factions" only stops your station trading with the ships of other Factions.

Whereas your ships assigned to your station, and your Cargolifters equipped at your station, will still be able to undertake trades between your station and other stations (only zone range for cargolifters).

If that wiki guide text is accurate, your station's ships and/or cargolifters could be selling RMP to the shipyard in that zone. If that wiki guide text is inaccurate, it would be great if it could be fixed.

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... I/Stations
tylitalo wrote: Also, I'm not sure but I think the mod's traders also sold off my Nvidium cubes from the same station, which are a resource only. Any way I can inspect to figure out what happened, or am I shooting blanks here?
Not sure about this one.

tylitalo
x4

Post by tylitalo » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 10:56

Thanks for the help. That clarifies it perfectly for me.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 13:34

This is definitely an issue with using trade agents to whitelist that I hadn't fully considered. The original version didn't care at all however as long as a station wasn't red, yat would trade there. Baby steps. I would like to do a proper selection system based on the checkbox functionality introduced in 4.0 but this will take time to design and implement not least that I need to learn how these things work in the lua ocde :)

A possibility for refining what is sold via YAT would be to set the sell prices to maximum. This won't prevent YAT buy/sell from your station to say a really good buy price somewhere else, but it will prevent normal sales at the +/-10% price points as they wont be seen as profit runs. And yes if it saw your cubes as a profit it probably sold them for you.

Moving ahead my ideas for the mod are :

* nail the issues with the trade ai - it misses good trades quite often and I have a couple of reports of 0 unit trades that I can't explain. any save games showing this can be pm'd to me on this forum. Pop a save onto google drive, drop box or somewhere and pm me a link :)

* More modes for the traders to provide logistics serving player owned assets only.

* Better control of where the traders operate as mentioned above, moving from trade agents to a check box system would be nice.

* Finer control of what wares the traders will carry. Currently only storage types can be selected but maybe an option to select individual wares would be nice.

GTAVC
x4

Post by GTAVC » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 14:17

Just one small suggestion:

What about a setting to assign a ship to dynamicly deliver materials to CVs, without assigning it to a CV directly and using the players wallet?
You know, VR is the perfect time to use the unimplimented dialog and audio file for Yisha that detects when the player is looking at her for a bit and says, "You're staring..." - Nodus Cursorius

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 14:59

Yeah had considered a cv delivey option too. will pop on the list.

tylitalo
x4

Post by tylitalo » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 22:20

Perhaps an option to tell free traders to avoid player-owned stations altogether?

Or better yet, a 3-way switch - deal exclusively with player stations, no player stations, or any :)

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Wed, 2. Mar 16, 02:52

2.02 bugfix update
----------------------

Fixed missing check in trade finder ai
Fixed copy paste error in trade finder ai
YAT 2 now significantly more efficient at trading.

Hopefully this will nail some of the weird trades. Please let me know if the 0 unit trades persist.

SyberSmoke
x4

Post by SyberSmoke » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 00:42

I am SO waiting for you to finally have a trade restriction to Player Stations. Heck...I would like to just be able to assign YAT to the Station Manager for my stations. At least then they could exclusively fill up from that station for trades.

dez505
x4

Post by dez505 » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 14:31

I'd love just to click a "loop" option so the trader just loops a list of trades :P

jerry7890

Post by jerry7890 » Thu, 3. Mar 16, 14:31

YorrickVander wrote:* More modes for the traders to provide logistics serving player owned assets only.
* Better control of where the traders operate as mentioned above, moving from trade agents to a check box system would be nice.
* Finer control of what wares the traders will carry. Currently only storage types can be selected but maybe an option to select individual wares would be nice.
There is MitchTech Station Logistics (wysiwyg) http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=377014 which covers station logistics (Lucike's CLS from X3TCAP).

Why not coordinate with wysiwyg, UniTrader, Euclid (AutoTrader), Marvin Martian (Tradestation Network) and create common LIB for compatibility for:
- ware trade white/black list;
- zone/sector white/black list for trading & path-finding with options by factions ...;
- home base station or xl/xs ship;
- common rang and pay system for trade/military Crew (Captains, DOs, Engineers)
- player wallets for trade, military
- Low Fuel Signal for resupply from your production;
- Under Attack Signal for Fleet responce
In short the equivalent of Lucike's package from X3TCAP - CAG, CLS, Prospector(Mining), Tender(Fuel & Fleet Supply) + UT + Cycrow NavCommands. :D
For immersive TRADE & COMBAT expirience :D

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 08:10

2.03 bugfix update
----------------------

Fixed GUI bug that reset range when changing homezone or waretype.
YAT traders no longer deal in wares set as restricted by player stations.
Added missing check so ships cannot be assigned to YAT while under orders from a manager or architect (cheers for catch Saquavin).
Due to problems with resquadding active YAT ships, YAT now automatically removes the ship from squad on assignment and stops all trading cleanly on resquad.

Unfortunately due to the lack of event parameters, the planned addition of optional money notifications from YAT traders is not possible.

tylitalo
x4

Post by tylitalo » Fri, 4. Mar 16, 08:28

YorrickVander wrote:2.03 bugfix update
----------------------

Awesome.

Meme Turtle

Post by Meme Turtle » Sat, 5. Mar 16, 01:24

tylitalo wrote:
----------------------

Awesome.
Does this mean it is not possible to use this mod to service player stations only?

I am currently building full OL supply chain for ship building and looking for an alternative to vanilla station managers. Since MitchTech mod has not been updated yet, I have been thinking on using YAT for handling ware transportation between my factories only.

Meme Turtle

Post by Meme Turtle » Sat, 5. Mar 16, 03:16

tylitalo wrote:
----------------------

Awesome.
Does this mean it is not possible to use this mod to service player stations only?

I am currently building full OL supply chain for ship building and looking for an alternative to vanilla station managers. Since MitchTech mod has not been updated yet, I have been thinking on using YAT for handling ware transportation between my factories only.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 5. Mar 16, 11:32

Currently no, but I would like to add that feature.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”