[MOD] Ency-Mod - Get the real X-Universe! Version 2.5 Home of Light!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 15:57

I really enjoyed this mod in the past, and I'll probably start using it again with the HoL update.

2 quick question:
-You recommand using re-imagined, which I never used. But I might just try it when I install your mod again. Since it's a mod that hasn't been updated in the past 2 years (according to the nexux page), is there any known issues with the 4.00 update?

-Do you know if this mod is compatible with Rubini's "Smaller sun for DeVries"? If not, do you know if there's a quick fix to make it so? (file swap, simple editing, stuff like that.) That huge sun is really getting on my nerves XD
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Rice
x3tc

Post by Rice » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 17:41

Ezarkal wrote:I really enjoyed this mod in the past, and I'll probably start using it again with the HoL update.

2 quick question:
-You recommand using re-imagined, which I never used. But I might just try it when I install your mod again. Since it's a mod that hasn't been updated in the past 2 years (according to the nexux page), is there any known issues with the 4.00 update?

-Do you know if this mod is compatible with Rubini's "Smaller sun for DeVries"? If not, do you know if there's a quick fix to make it so? (file swap, simple editing, stuff like that.) That huge sun is really getting on my nerves XD
1. No known issues it's a sweetfx which just modifies the "optic" like those Shadermods ( SweetFX) for Skyrim etc.

2. they are all compatible to each other, i use all three Enzy, Re-imagined & small Sun ;)
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Eine der hoffnungsreichsten Lebenslagen ist die, wenn es uns so schlecht geht, dass es uns nicht mehr schlechter gehen kann. [Felix Krull]

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Fri, 4. Nov 16, 21:29

Hi Commodore, I'm very happy to see you still are on this ;)

Did by any chance the bugs in Cold Star affect the background planet? (more precisely, being rendered partially without textures?)

Because I noticed as soon as I started playing HoL that the planet in Cold Star and the gas giant in Home of Light seemed a bit dull, then discovered that textures on them weren't rendered if I didn't put everything back to vanilla...but I wasn't sure if it was because of your mod, or because of the mash-up I made between your mod and Ico_HR's one...I think I should definitely take a look again at the game with this little patch!

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 14. Nov 16, 21:14

the Cold-Star-Planet was completely white- I don't know how this happened. I changed one of the textures used for this planet, but it still should have worked... but by creating a copy entry of the unchanged original texture I fixed the problem- and after that I "freezed" the planet a little bit ;) - but the gaseous tex are still original, I just added some for the large giants in OL and DV- there shouldnt be any issues, I will look into it...

by the way, what did you use? Re-Imagined or not? The Full or the Base Version without the planet changings?

greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 14. Nov 16, 21:18

Oh, and I added the last alternate Download Link (2.5 HOL) from J. L. to the Startpost ;)
greetings, MJ Fire

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Mon, 14. Nov 16, 22:22

So, there it was the bug! Now I absolutely have to try it again! Thank you :D

Full version without re-imagined, by the way ;)

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 14. Nov 16, 23:17

So, nearly the Version I use, and Re-Imagined can be deactivated by pressing... F12? or the rolling-button up there? long time ago... :wink: Hmmm, I will look at the gasgiant there, I didn't notice any problems there- but I will check ;)

EDIT: looked at the Gasgiant in Home of Light but looks like it's all right... fist I thought I won the competition of best gasgiant with my two giants in OL and DV but then I looked cloesly into the red spot of this gasgiant- do it! find a place, stop the ship and just whatch! I don't know how they do it or if it's just working better than it works in my DV giant- but its moving and changing like an actual cloud- like a living real planet! Amazing! :o

EDIT2: But of course, I realized that the No-ReImagined Version has a slightly altered material-libary file from the full version- I uploaded a corrected one for these users... ;)

greetings, MJ Fire

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Tue, 15. Nov 16, 00:50

The problem on the HoL giant was more subtle than on the Cold Star planet...while the latter was clearly a blank surface, the HoL one only missed some layers of details, giving it a flatter look but still with the right tone and major cloud formations...I've taken a look at some of the latest screenshots I took of the area, but it appears I had already reverted to the vanilla game on those ones.

And yes, that planet is bloody great, the graphics still holds really well :)

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Sat, 19. Nov 16, 10:36

hmmm, I will take a few screens of vanilla and ency too and look what is wrong.
Still don't understand how my texture changes can affect it- in XR the good thing is, that you don't replace the original texture .dds file in the game files but add one with the same name, telling the game to use the new one in specific material library texture entrys the model uses.

->for the old modders from X3: in XR, there is a step between the model and the actual texture image file- the material library, making it possible to use even the original texture image and the modified image in your mod together -in the same texture.

That means for the problem that if it doesn't use a already altered material libary entry (like the planet in coldstar, that was the problem), it shouldn't be affected by new files from the mod. I will look at it, maybe I didn't find all models using one of my altered library entries...

By the way, I was very pleased to see that Egosofts Rebirth-HOL already is made like the sector HOL described in the novels- the giant's name is "Rasnar".

greetings, MJ Fire

paz3r
x4

Post by paz3r » Sun, 11. Jun 17, 14:20

After installing it in my existing campaign, the jump gate in auspicious excavation was gone. Removed the mod and realoaded the game, gate was present but inactive. Also tested on a new free play start, same story. The only way to fix this was to start a new game without the mod or load a game saved prior to installing it. Used the full version of the mod with all the patches (non-re-imagened version). Might be a mod conflict on my end. Just FYI.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 8. Jan 18, 08:10

ignore this lol I resolved it myself.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Fri, 19. Jan 18, 22:30

Requiemfang wrote:ignore this lol I resolved it myself.
And How ? What was the reason?

Does mod work at 4.30 or not?

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 19. Jan 18, 22:50

alexalsp wrote:

It does, as for the ignore the post thing, I had no background in Maelstrom but I managed to figure it out on my own.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 17:55

Requiemfang wrote:
alexalsp wrote:

It does, as for the ignore the post thing, I had no background in Maelstrom but I managed to figure it out on my own.
Im still looking for the solution of the maelstrom background missing

EDIT: yes very LOL :D, that important note is NOT IMPORTANT at all
its resolved

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 31. Jan 18, 21:19

Buzz2005 wrote:
Requiemfang wrote:
alexalsp wrote:

its resolved
Yeap that's what caused my head to ache until I experimented and found out that you didn't need to follow that :lol:

jelf
x4

Re:

Post by jelf » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 11:18

Requiemfang wrote:
Wed, 31. Jan 18, 21:19
Buzz2005 wrote:
Requiemfang wrote:

its resolved
Yeap that's what caused my head to ache until I experimented and found out that you didn't need to follow that :lol:
It would be greatly appreciated if next time you guys find a solution, share it with others, instead of just saying it is resolved without mentioning how ...

Just to confirm, to make this mod work, I just need to follow the steps and copy/paste all the patches, but without doing the step in the "IMPORTANT.txt" document in patch 2.0.1?

Thanks!

modernrocko
x3tc

Re: [MOD] Ency-Mod - Get the real X-Universe! Version 2.5 Home of Light!

Post by modernrocko » Sat, 1. Feb 20, 06:11

Download links in the OP are all dead! :(

Any kind soul out there still have the files from the OP who might be willing to re-upload or share? Specifically I'm just looking for the full 2.0 download and the patches up through 2.2.

It's a shot in the dark, I'm sure, but figured I'd ask. Thanks either way!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 1. Feb 20, 11:07

Maybe a bit a hard to spot as the images for the download links in the opening post do not work anymore (I updated them now), but the links from J.L. seem to work fine.
Commodore MJ Fire wrote:
Fri, 7. Feb 14, 15:39
HUUUGE thanks to J. L. for uploading my mod to his servers- these links should work better for some of you, so here they are ;) Link to HOL Patch coming soon:

Mirror-Link Encyclopedia Base Edition Image
Mirror-Link Encyclopedia Full Edition Image

Mirror-Link ency-patch 2.0.1 Image
Mirror-Link ency-patch 2.2 Image
Mirror-Link ency-patch_2.5_HOL Image
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

modernrocko
x3tc

Post by modernrocko » Sat, 1. Feb 20, 22:09

Ah, thank you! I don't know how I missed that, sorry about that. Your response is much appreciated though, thanks again :)

R-TEAM
x4

Post by R-TEAM » Thu, 19. Mar 20, 17:42

The last MEGA link to the "..slightly different material libary for the non- Re-Imagined users.." dont work anymore - and no mirror ...

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”