[MOD] Ency-Mod - Get the real X-Universe! Version 2.5 Home of Light!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

[MOD] Ency-Mod - Get the real X-Universe! Version 2.5 Home of Light!

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Fri, 7. Feb 14, 15:39

Welcome to the Ency-Mod- here you get the real Rebirth-Universe!

Isn't it boring to fly through a unfinished universe with bad textures on planets, unclear nebula textures and also old recovered X3 textures? Where you find unrealistic systems, but more reality can create much more spectacular backgrounds? Isn't it disturbing, reading about all these wonderful background things in the X- or ingame encyclopedia, but you can't find many of them in the game?

That's over! Get the full X-Universe-experience! All Systeme got upgraded by better textures and more

background objects! The X-Universe, as it should be- and as you deserve it!

Albion: The Halmnan-Aurora, described in Maelstrom and one of the most important nebulas in the X-Universe, glows on the Albion sky. Planets and Backgrounds got new textures!

DeVries: better planet-conzepts and a 5-times bigger sun create a much more realistic solar system! Find a completely reworked background to get a look ready for X-Rebirth! And because of their legendary age of millions of years the gates are now as undamaged as in OL.

Omicron Lyrae: See the advanced old system-concept from the very first trailer! It brings a bit more reality right to the system- Planets are moons now, and the motherplanet- a gasgiant!- now dominates the system! The nebular clouds got a reworking and now their function is not to hide the bad planetary texturing -this got fixed- but to upgrade the optical experience! And because of the described black hole at Maelstrom, the one in OL got replaced by a little star with a dust disk...

Maelstrom: Where is the maelstrom in Maelstrom? Where ist the Halmnan-Aurora? Now you can see the Halmnan core-region around the system- and as a new center for the system you can see the mysterious object classified as black hole, 'Unbirth'! The hole spews dust and debris jets into space and fights for dominance in the system, right against the uge gasgiant!

DLC Fields of Opportunity: To expand the System Background a little bit, I thought about the dust origin. Now this system is a binary system, but the second star collapsed, spreading out dust into the whole system!

And the grandmas now are young red- und blueheads- This must be fixed in every mod, of course :wink:

With XRebirth Re-Imagined made by DeserterX, this Mod is a much more exiting experience. You get my edited Settings-file with the Mod- just replace the original file!
This is the Link to Re-Imagined: http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/322/?

PLEASE NOTE: Every time you take a screenshot, Re-Imagined saves a own one (better) in the Rebirth main folder. Erasing them from time to time could possibly solve performance problems.

To install just put the folder in the zip-file into the extensions-folder and play! To uninstall just erase the folder, because this Mod does nothing with your savegame- but do you really want to uninstall this?

Thanks to XsereneiX on DeviantArt for his/her free textures (Albion planet clouds) and of course to NASA for amazing pics from Earth and real nebulas...

Ency-Base Edition (2.0):
This is a Version with only the base elements like bigger sun or gasgiant, without texture improvements on planets and backgrounds. For users of mods like XR Panets.
http://goo.gl/AaQS4L

Ency-Full Edition (2.0):
The full package with all base elements and all texture improvements.
http://goo.gl/WJJTg5

Patch 2.0 => 2.0.1
Just copy files into the right folders and say yes to overwrite. For the new ones: download the main file and then add the patch files if a higher one to your version is aviable. Please read 'IMPORTANT.txt' BEFORE installing, if there is one...
NOTE FOR 2.0.1: OH, I got a message that the IMPORTANT note from 2.0 is still in it- for 2.0.1: IGNORE the IMPORTANT note!!! ::oops::
http://goo.gl/7Fsshx

Patch 2.0.1 => 2.2
Just copy files into the right folders and say yes to overwrite. For the new ones: download the main file and then add the patch files if a higher one to your version is aviable.
2.2 includes 2 folders: vanilla is for users without Re-Imagined, the Reimagined folder for the ones already installed Re-Imagined- in vanilla, the colorization and contrast of the textures is optimized for a normal, unchanged Rebirth!
https://goo.gl/SWBvXk

Patch 2.2 => 2.5 HOL
Just copy files into the right folders and say yes to overwrite. For the new ones: download the main file and then add the patch files if a higher one to your version is aviable.
2.5 includes Patches for Base and Full Edition to the release of HOL- this patch is only important for DLC HOL users, because nothing else gets changed! Some bugs in froststar get fixed and I added new BGs for froststar and HOL!
https://goo.gl/8dOvNJ

Forgot to pack the slightly different material libary for the non- Re-Imagined users into the patch- here you can find it. works like the other patches, use this as last one, if you are not using Re-Imagined.

https://goo.gl/AHRtt6

HUUUGE thanks to J. L. for uploading my mod to his servers- these links should work better for some of you, so here they are ;) Link to HOL Patch coming soon:

Mirror-Link Encyclopedia Base Edition Image
Mirror-Link Encyclopedia Full Edition Image

Mirror-Link ency-patch 2.0.1 Image
Mirror-Link ency-patch 2.2 Image
Mirror-Link ency-patch_2.5_HOL Image

The screens:
[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

greetings, MJ Fire
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sat, 1. Feb 20, 11:08, edited 26 times in total.
Reason: Update mirror links download link images, so the working downloads are more visible

ICO_hr

Post by ICO_hr » Fri, 7. Feb 14, 16:38

Oh, you removed the black hole.I did the same, also find it quite unrealistic and not very black hole-ish looking.Btw mate you're really fast with all these changes.

Congrats for the release!I will check it. :)

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Fri, 7. Feb 14, 17:30

Ico_HR and commondore MJ fire should team up !

annyway I am happy to see a lore enhancing mod downloading know , and going to give it a go

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Fri, 7. Feb 14, 17:37

I can use my big modding experience from X3- Texture working and modeling. That makes me faster... :wink:
greetings, MJ Fire

Bareus
x3tc

Post by Bareus » Fri, 7. Feb 14, 20:02

does it conflict with xr nebulas?

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Fri, 7. Feb 14, 20:12

Bareus wrote:does it conflict with xr nebulas?
a bit , but not for all of them.
however I just edited a bit the authors files so that all the nebulas apear.

Bareus
x3tc

Post by Bareus » Fri, 7. Feb 14, 20:55

thx, good to know

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Fri, 7. Feb 14, 21:51

Its a different project and does the same, only the Background tex in Albion is original, I've added the halmnan in a new mesh, so texturing this by another Mod should work. But the textures in OL and DeVries where changed so there could be a problem. But when you want to use the nebulas of XR nebulas instead, just erase the texture entrys for DeVries and OL- but caution, I also added the OL Bg as new mesh, so both versions will be added together... :wink: Of course, ICO_hrs Bgs replacements in DeVries and Albion are better, and Combining the two Versions in Albion would be awsome...
greetings, MJ Fire

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Wed, 5. Mar 14, 01:08

Ok, after I realized that the name was a little confusing, the name was changed so this is now a standalone mod. I also added the big reworkings and addings I finally made, so for these of you who loaded the first one- This is V 1.1.
I've added new completely reworked BGs, so I hope these are a possible alternative to the beautyful BGs in XR Nebula. The clouds and planet surfaces where also reworked to look better.
AND: Now, I finally also reworked Maelstroms BG and icemoon.
greetings, MJ Fire

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Wed, 5. Mar 14, 01:57

the new version sounds cool.
the engine is realy good the fact that I can turn the mod on/off on the go for more visual diversity is cool

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Fri, 14. Mar 14, 22:20

Hm, after some people at the german thread had problems- how works the download-link?
Did anyone knows an alternate uploader where other people can download the file without any sign in- complete free? Nexusmods already needs a sign in after new year to load a file more than 2 MB...
greetings, MJ Fire

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Fri, 14. Mar 14, 22:44

In alternative link:

"Encyclopedia.7z" 329.2 MB?

Is it?

oups, yes, is it. :roll:
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Fri, 14. Mar 14, 23:39

yes, the name of the file is still 'Encyclopedia'-already after renaming this thread-because some of the people had the original file- named Encyclopedia-Mod- and when installing the updated file renamed, they would have nearly the same Mod installed- twice. So the name of the folder is still 'Encyclopedia'- but its the Shining Mod- in the game itself under extensions, it is named right- as XRebirth Shining.
greetings, MJ Fire
AND: A Dropbox alternate Download Link is coming. uploading... :D

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Sat, 15. Mar 14, 01:10

Thanks. :lol:
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Commander Kat
x3

Post by Commander Kat » Wed, 19. Mar 14, 12:47

the BG here seem to lag me hard or make my game ctd... almost 90% of the time when using super highways, I now use only XR Nebs and used all the planets from this mod... seems to be fine now.
Q9550 2.83Ghz @ 3.4Ghz - 1600Mhz FSB
4GB corsair domi P2-8500/1066 DHX + Domi Fan
XFX6970 2GB 5500/880 + LG-Flattron W2453TQ

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Sat, 22. Mar 14, 11:45

Played around with it for a while , and I love what you did with OL , bringing back the earlyer version of it , looks so much more like "X" , you know like the old X2 over the top , but beautiful space

however there are things that happen , for some reason the water planet is transparent for me , and there are stars in front of it...

after I saw that I tryed to fine tune the mod for my own personal taste.
putting back OL nebula so I could use ICOhrs. would prefer a merge of yours + his lol.

would it be possible , to have a version that only brings stuff back , but not remove things , or change textures.

so all the planet changes like the sun in DV , the planets in OL (without removing fogplains)
just wondering.

annyway either way a beautyfull mod and realy makes me wonder why they did not use the older versions of there maps to begin with

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 03:34

Hm, this is X- nothing works the same way twice :D Don't know, why it makes this texture transparent... can you upload a screenshot?
The Problem is that I had to reconstruct the old concept with retexturing and adding new planets with new textures like the gasgiant, based on the Maelstrom gasgiant. Using the old original meshs and tex doesn't work for some reason, was removed or doesn't have the right size, and the cityplanet only works with retexturing. you of course can just erase the entrys for the bg tex or planet tex to mix both mods, then the tex from ICO-hr would work with my mod. I would mix primary Icos Albion BG with my halmnan (two different meshs, no problem) but in OL mixing is a problem: I also changed the BG meshs rotation and added a mesh, so mixing there is more difficult...
But yes, a conversion would be nice :wink:
Hm, many work to create a 'light version' with only changing concepts but I can try...
greetings, MJ Fire

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 14:51

Commodore MJ Fire wrote:Hm, this is X- nothing works the same way twice :D Don't know, why it makes this texture transparent... can you upload a screenshot?
The Problem is that I had to reconstruct the old concept with retexturing and adding new planets with new textures like the gasgiant, based on the Maelstrom gasgiant. Using the old original meshs and tex doesn't work for some reason, was removed or doesn't have the right size, and the cityplanet only works with retexturing. you of course can just erase the entrys for the bg tex or planet tex to mix both mods, then the tex from ICO-hr would work with my mod. I would mix primary Icos Albion BG with my halmnan (two different meshs, no problem) but in OL mixing is a problem: I also changed the BG meshs rotation and added a mesh, so mixing there is more difficult...
But yes, a conversion would be nice :wink:
Hm, many work to create a 'light version' with only changing concepts but I can try...
greetings, MJ Fire
what I ended up doing is taking the default config for cluster C , then adding all the addons from you that I liked gas giant moons etc.
the water planet was still transparent , shame but oh well know I have the gas giant , and for some reason it makes it feel like good old X2.
so I am good.

say , have you tryed adding back in the old clusters? like cluster H , I , E etc... there a lot of deleted stuff so much they could make a Xrebirth 2 just by adding it back in lol.
did you try that? when I do it , it brakes , but maybe you can.

Commodore MJ Fire
x4

Post by Commodore MJ Fire » Tue, 25. Mar 14, 14:59

Yes, I tried, the same way as you did- also with a crash. Thats the reason I had to reconstruct it- but in original, the gasgiant was a 2d Background tex, so my version could be better :D
But some of these old Models in there still work, as the deactivated BG for Maelstrom. I just hat to rework the tex a little bit.

Waterplanet: repositioning the BG stars could help- sometimes this mesh for them is too small and the planet is outside- the reason why the planet seems to be transparent- only a therory why there is this problem.
greetings, MJ Fire

Privata
x4

Post by Privata » Tue, 25. Mar 14, 16:34

Commodore MJ Fire wrote:Yes, I tried, the same way as you did- also with a crash. Thats the reason I had to reconstruct it- but in original, the gasgiant was a 2d Background tex, so my version could be better :D
But some of these old Models in there still work, as the deactivated BG for Maelstrom. I just hat to rework the tex a little bit.

Waterplanet: repositioning the BG stars could help- sometimes this mesh for them is too small and the planet is outside- the reason why the planet seems to be transparent- only a therory why there is this problem.
greetings, MJ Fire
So far as I could tell , it seems that my issue is , only the haze of the water planet is present , no matter I removed it. what I realy love is that massive gas giant , I still am amazed that they removed it , why?!

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”