[Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Mike7495

Re: [Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

Post by Mike7495 » Wed, 1. Jan 20, 21:33

Launch XRConvertersMain.exe from the command line.... Hope I didn't miss this, but how? I've loaded everything from what I can tell. Xcattools,Converter tool.... But how do I do a command line. So far if I double click on the XRConvertersMain.exe. a tiny black screen flickers and that's it.

Cg089
x4

Post by Cg089 » Sat, 7. Mar 20, 19:14

Look up "Command Prompt" for Windows, there are tons of guides online. Nobody explained it because most modders already know what that means, but basically, you go old school & open up a terminal and run it from there. Short version is you search command prompt in the bottom left search box, open that, then start XRConvertersMain.exe in that window.

Mike7495

Post by Mike7495 » Fri, 8. May 20, 16:24

Cg089 wrote:
Sat, 7. Mar 20, 19:14
Look up "Command Prompt" for Windows, there are tons of guides online. Nobody explained it because most modders already know what that means, but basically, you go old school & open up a terminal and run it from there. Short version is you search command prompt in the bottom left search box, open that, then start XRConvertersMain.exe in that window.
Thanks. I got it, but its not converting the files. Guess I'm not cut out for modeling. lol

omti
x4

Post by omti » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 23:15

Hm, it always tells me I misswrote the command or it couldn't be found.

I've used the following command:

XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked\assets\environments\cluster\Cluster_01_data\anim_moon_v1-lod0.xmf"

Anyone got an idea what the problem might be?
Ohne Neugier wäre die Menschheit immer noch in der Steinzeit oder nicht einmal dort!

Money implies poverty - Ian Banks: The State of the Art

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 13:43

Set path for XRConvertersMain.exe. and with importxmf command you should use xml file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\XRConverter\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked\assets\environments\cluster\Cluster_01.xml"

omti
x4

Post by omti » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 13:50

KrYcHokE wrote:
Sat, 19. Sep 20, 13:43
Set path for XRConvertersMain.exe. and with importxmf command you should use xml file:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\XRConverter\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked\assets\environments\cluster\Cluster_01.xml"
Thank you this worked :) Now I have a Cluster_01.dae file. Let's see what's in it :D
Ohne Neugier wäre die Menschheit immer noch in der Steinzeit oder nicht einmal dort!

Money implies poverty - Ian Banks: The State of the Art

Skvvair
x4

Post by Skvvair » Sun, 15. Nov 20, 22:02

KrYcHokE wrote:
Sat, 19. Sep 20, 13:43
C:\Program Files (x86)\XRConverter\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked\assets\environments\cluster\Cluster_01.xml"
The command did not produce any result for me. d: \ XRConverters \ XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "d: \ modingX4 \ rabot2 \ titan \ assets \ units \ size_l" "d: \ modingX4 \ rabot2 \ titan \ assets \ units \ size_l \ ship_arg_xl_carrier_01.xml "

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Sun, 15. Nov 20, 23:19

It should be like this:
d:\XRConverters\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "d:\modingX4\rabot2\titan" "d:\modingX4\rabot2\titan\assets\units\size_xl\ship_arg_xl_carrier_01.xml "
path to converter .exe, path to folder where game exported (where assets folder), path to .xml file and data folder with .xmf files, converter take path to data folder directly from .xml file so do not use size_l folder for ship_arg_xl_carrier_01.xml

Skvvair
x4

Post by Skvvair » Sat, 21. Nov 20, 18:22

KrYcHokE wrote:
Sun, 15. Nov 20, 23:19
It should be like this:
d:\XRConverters\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "d:\modingX4\rabot2\titan" "d:\modingX4\rabot2\titan\assets\units\size_xl\ship_arg_xl_carrier_01.xml "
path to converter .exe, path to folder where game exported (where assets folder), path to .xml file and data folder with .xmf files, converter take path to data folder directly from .xml file so do not use size_l folder for ship_arg_xl_carrier_01.xml

I was able, thanks. I had an error. But the converter immediately exits as if I launched it through a double click.
The file is not created. d:\ModingX4\XRConverters\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "d:\ModingX4\Rabot\X4-F\assets\units\size_xl" "d:\ModingX4\Rabot\X4-F\assets\units\size_xl\ship_arg_xl_carrier_01.xml"

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Sat, 21. Nov 20, 20:27

In your case X4-F folder should be as destination in second path:
d:\ModingX4\XRConverters\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "d:\ModingX4\Rabot\X4-F" "d:\ModingX4\Rabot\X4-F\assets\units\size_xl\ship_arg_xl_carrier_01.xml"
Converter works only from Command Prompt.

Skvvair
x4

Post by Skvvair » Sat, 21. Nov 20, 21:11

KrYcHokE wrote:
Sat, 21. Nov 20, 20:27
In your case X4-F folder should be as destination in second path:
d:\ModingX4\XRConverters\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "d:\ModingX4\Rabot\X4-F" "d:\ModingX4\Rabot\X4-F\assets\units\size_xl\ship_arg_xl_carrier_01.xml"
Converter works only from Command Prompt.
https://ibb.co/V9wN7ZG dae did not appear either in the X4-F folder or near the original xml file

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Sat, 21. Nov 20, 21:42

Ok, i uderstand, converter should find textures, you should extract folders: libraries and assets
and place them:
d:\ModingX4\Rabot\X4-F\libraries
d:\ModingX4\Rabot\X4-F\assets

Skvvair
x4

Post by Skvvair » Sat, 21. Nov 20, 21:48

Entire X4-Foundation game unpacked to X4-F folder using XRCatToolGUI https://ibb.co/HqXqFpr

KongDeluxe
x4

Post by KongDeluxe » Sat, 28. Nov 20, 14:14

Hi guys,

does the xac <-> dae converter actually work with X4 npc models? I converted a X4 npc xac body file to dae and exactly the same one back without touching it and my game crashes on loading up the the mod. What did work though was if I deleted the Armature modifier and converted everything back into xac. I mean you can´t practically use the output since there´s no rigging or skinning and you have only a wrongly scaled mesh flying under a npc´s head but the mesh got into the game. So all in all it seems to me that rigging is a problem for the converter. Did somebody else experience this or did I do something wrong.

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Sat, 28. Nov 20, 17:53

It never worked.

KongDeluxe
x4

Post by KongDeluxe » Sat, 28. Nov 20, 18:29

Hmm well thanks for the information. What a shame though. :cry:

Axel6430
x4

Post by Axel6430 » Wed, 14. Apr 21, 19:57

Hello! Does anyone still have the source code for this? I'm interested in the .xac conversion part in particular.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 01:38

Edit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5I84p ... _hAdPaa-DQ

This is the 0.2.1 release if anyone else is looking for it.

Doesn't appear to work though. Is there no other way to convert xmf files for editing?
Rawr.

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Thu, 13. Jan 22, 10:15

alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 2. Oct 18, 12:29
arc_ wrote:
Tue, 24. Dec 13, 19:25
This tool converts .xmf files (X Rebirth static meshes) and .xac files (EMotionFX actors) to and from .dae. The current version is 0.2.1 and can be downloaded here:
Converter
Source code (C++, VS2010)

In case other people want to make tools that work with the X Rebirth file formats, here's some information about them:
.xac (NPC meshes)
.xmf (static meshes)
.xpm (morph-based animation for NPC's)
.xsm (skeleton-based animation for NPC's)
Please update the links or give someone there.

Thank you.

XRConverters-v0.2.1
Since all the links in the OP are dead, having alternatives is good and the link to Google Drive works right now.
Is the source code and additional information on the formats uploaded anywhere?

Endellur
x4

Post by Endellur » Thu, 20. Jan 22, 00:10

Here is a link I found to the source code on reddit that worked for me:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... .1_src.zip

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”