[Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

YOYOMAN_MODDER
x4

Post by YOYOMAN_MODDER » Sun, 31. Jul 16, 12:19

UniTrader wrote:not the .exe but you can put a .bat next to it where you can drop files on and the rest should be handled automatically:

Code: Select all

XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "D:\X Rebirth files" %1
note that you have to replace "D:\X Rebirth files" with your own Folder containing all extracted Files, since its unlikely this one applies to you
Thanks UniTrader))) :)

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 31. Oct 16, 00:00

just expanded my windows bat extraction script to also convert all available mesh files. its not as extensive as the linux bash script though :D
short usage guide:

1. Install EGOs X Rebirth Tools
2. Extract the Tool from this Topic into the X Rebirth Tools folder
3. create a new bat file with this content:

Code: Select all

RD /S /Q "..\X Rebirth\XR_extracted"
mkdir "..\X Rebirth\XR_extracted"
XRcatTool.exe -in "..\X Rebirth\01.cat" "..\X Rebirth\02.cat" "..\X Rebirth\03.cat" "..\X Rebirth\04.cat" "..\X Rebirth\05.cat" "..\X Rebirth\06.cat" "..\X Rebirth\07.cat" "..\X Rebirth\08.cat" "..\X Rebirth\09.cat" "..\X Rebirth\10.cat" -out "..\X Rebirth\XR_extracted"
FOR /R "..\X Rebirth\XR_extracted\assets" %%f IN (*.xml) do (
  XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "..\X Rebirth\XR_extracted" "%%f"
  )
pause
4. Execute it - completing may take about 30 mins (and it will delete a previous extraction first to keep it up to date)

hope this helps anyone
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

HammerSun
x4

Post by HammerSun » Tue, 22. Nov 16, 05:27

UniTrader wrote:just expanded my windows bat extraction script to also convert all available mesh files. its not as extensive as the linux bash script though :D
short usage guide:
hope this helps anyone
Thx for your tools and code, but i've found model like size_xl_cs_omicron_ship, units_size_xl_transporter not converted corevtly, the .dae file contained almost nonthing.

uladraz
xr

Can someone repost the tool? The original link is no longer valid

Post by uladraz » Wed, 5. Apr 17, 19:45

Can someone repost the tool? The original link is no longer valid

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 5. Apr 17, 21:37

just looked through my Tools folder, i still have it. I have also included my current Scripts for Extraction (those for linux/bash are the most developed, the ones for windows/bat are very basic in comparision)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eu13z2xqom0k8 ... ls.7z?dl=0
For best usage also create a new Folder "X Rebirth Tools" NEXT TO the X Rebirth Folder and drop the Contents of this Archive and also egos Official Cat Tools inside:
https://www.egosoft.com/download/x_rebi ... wnload=589
they also work with Linux + Wine ;)

After Extracthing thes Programs/Files start the "extract and convert xmf.sh" (linux) or "extract XR in subfolder and convert xmf.bat" (windows) to extract everything and convert all xmf files which this Tool can handle. This may take a while though, but you will have an easier time when not having to extract every single file ;)

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

ravayen
x4

Post by ravayen » Thu, 20. Jul 17, 20:35

@unitrader just downloaded your scripts and run the .bat but it starts to flood the screen with failed to write errors and after looking at the folder it creates it with a read only attribute is this deliberate? do i need to worry about it? or will it all be fine?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 21. Jul 17, 14:26

nope, thats not intentional. also my script does not specifically set this Attribute. in fact it should just create the Folder without specifying any Attribute. (and delete any previous Version first)

ravayen
x4

Post by ravayen » Fri, 21. Jul 17, 14:46

hmm maybe a problem on my end then it's not that big of a deal tbh i downloaded it to explore the idea of modding a ship and when i started opening files in blender (a freeware version of 3ds max) i took one look and said to myself.....this is for people better than i......and immediately gave up on the idea lol.
All i wanted to do was add 2 hiva/ma turrets to the front of a Fulmekron but meh not in my ability range im afraid.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 21. Jul 17, 15:14

that can be done without any modelling tools actually ^^ only editing the raw xmls is necesary for that ;) (depending on method either by diffing them (4x add in total) or adding the change as a new type of Ship and using new Files)
finding the right Coodrinates is the most tricky part for that and i guess that takes roughy an hour total.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 21. Jul 17, 15:18

ravayen wrote:All i wanted to do was add 2 hiva/ma turrets to the front of a Fulmekron but meh not in my ability range im afraid.
sounds like you could use one of the existing solutions
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =294559563
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=384253

ravayen
x4

Post by ravayen » Fri, 21. Jul 17, 23:11

Awesome, went with Omicron Ship Upgrades & Fixes as it only changed those 2 ships and basically did what i was after thanks Marvin yours looked great too btw :)
Would love to see a step by step ship building guide on these forums seems to be the one thats missing and it looks so daunting when getting started i don't know how you people do it tbh.

bioscmos303
x4

Post by bioscmos303 » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 10:13

i manage to use the XRConverter but
is there a new\better converter xmf to Dea ?
and the Collada plug-in for 3DS Max too old .. working but .. not as i remember it when i was using it then in max 2013 , any tip for 3dsmax 2016 ?
any newer plugings\collada or tool for 3DS Max maybe?
and will be nice to have little more info about 3d modeling here ...

and happy new year to you all
Last edited by bioscmos303 on Mon, 1. Jan 18, 12:23, edited 1 time in total.

bioscmos303
x4

Post by bioscmos303 » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 12:21

alexalsp
x4

Re: [Tool] .xmf/.xac <-> .dae converter

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 12:29

arc_ wrote:
Tue, 24. Dec 13, 19:25
This tool converts .xmf files (X Rebirth static meshes) and .xac files (EMotionFX actors) to and from .dae. The current version is 0.2.1 and can be downloaded here:
Converter
Source code (C++, VS2010)

In case other people want to make tools that work with the X Rebirth file formats, here's some information about them:
.xac (NPC meshes)
.xmf (static meshes)
.xpm (morph-based animation for NPC's)
.xsm (skeleton-based animation for NPC's)
Please update the links or give someone there.

Thank you.

XRConverters-v0.2.1

Cg089
x4

Post by Cg089 » Thu, 28. Feb 19, 19:15

Does anyone have any contact info at all for arc_, or even just his files that have info about the mesh types? He forgot to include a license when he gave us source, so while I'd love to fix this up to work better with X4, my hands are tied from a legal perspective. If he'd said he meant to GPL license it or MIT license it, I'd be happy to work on it, but as it stands, he technically retains full copyright rights to it. I know, paranoid, but I do software engineering for a living so I have to worry about licenses and this sort of stuff.

Mike7495

Post by Mike7495 » Wed, 1. Jan 20, 21:33

Launch XRConvertersMain.exe from the command line.... Hope I didn't miss this, but how? I've loaded everything from what I can tell. Xcattools,Converter tool.... But how do I do a command line. So far if I double click on the XRConvertersMain.exe. a tiny black screen flickers and that's it.

Cg089
x4

Post by Cg089 » Sat, 7. Mar 20, 19:14

Look up "Command Prompt" for Windows, there are tons of guides online. Nobody explained it because most modders already know what that means, but basically, you go old school & open up a terminal and run it from there. Short version is you search command prompt in the bottom left search box, open that, then start XRConvertersMain.exe in that window.

Mike7495

Post by Mike7495 » Fri, 8. May 20, 16:24

Cg089 wrote:
Sat, 7. Mar 20, 19:14
Look up "Command Prompt" for Windows, there are tons of guides online. Nobody explained it because most modders already know what that means, but basically, you go old school & open up a terminal and run it from there. Short version is you search command prompt in the bottom left search box, open that, then start XRConvertersMain.exe in that window.
Thanks. I got it, but its not converting the files. Guess I'm not cut out for modeling. lol

omti
x4

Post by omti » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 23:15

Hm, it always tells me I misswrote the command or it couldn't be found.

I've used the following command:

XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked\assets\environments\cluster\Cluster_01_data\anim_moon_v1-lod0.xmf"

Anyone got an idea what the problem might be?
Ohne Neugier wäre die Menschheit immer noch in der Steinzeit oder nicht einmal dort!

Money implies poverty - Ian Banks: The State of the Art

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Sat, 19. Sep 20, 13:43

Set path for XRConvertersMain.exe. and with importxmf command you should use xml file:
C:\Program Files (x86)\XRConverter\XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\unpacked\assets\environments\cluster\Cluster_01.xml"

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”